Career Officer
# 31
10-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Do I accept a pointless set of limitations, no ....

Consoles Deflectors and Skill point investments effect procs as has been explained to you. You're wanting to gimp several weapons' proc type for no good reason.

No shield distrobution lol? No Boffs to resist, repair, clear lol?

I expect you want me to fly like I rode the short bus to school when I was a child as well, lol?

Why not have a no turning, no power changing rules as well lol?

You really are in denial.
The "limitations" are to ensure clear and accurate results. We're only testing the strength of the PROCS, not the damage itself. Any interference (from BOff traits, DOff abilities, BOff powers, etc) would contaminate the results. I'm saying "Hey, let's test this in a way that whoever is GENUINELY right will be made clear." It's a fair system. I'd be under the same limitations you would. This is purely empirical. We'd have the same stats, the same gear (with no set effects to contaminate results), and only the energy types would be different. It's fair. Is that so bad? Do you fear the empirical?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 32
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
The "limitations" are to ensure clear and accurate results. We're only testing the strength of the PROCS, not the damage itself. Any interference (from BOff traits, DOff abilities, BOff powers, etc) would contaminate the results. I'm saying "Hey, let's test this in a way that whoever is GENUINELY right will be made clear." It's a fair system. I'd be under the same limitations you would. This is purely empirical. We'd have the same stats, the same gear (with no set effects to contaminate results), and only the energy types would be different. It's fair. Is that so bad? Do you fear the empirical?
What are you talking about? What you suggested would absolutely be scewed by design lol?

The strength of several Procs is effected by Skill points. The point the AP skill proc is damage. It's not "interference" to max the potential. You're wanting to falsely limit the potential of APs by not allowing for CritH mods, effectiveness of Polaron drain, effectiviness of Tetryon Drain. Iirc even Phasers are impacted by skills not only in resists, but Sci for duration. This alone discounts your so called experiment's integrity.

This doesn't even count synergies w/things like phasers and VM, polarons and Tykens, Tet w/Tetglider, disruptors w/Direct hull damage like DEM, TBR, Transphasics etc, TB w/APs for rolling even more Crits or APA for CritH bonus.

Then you want us to not distribute shields ie pilot our ships as dumb as possible, lol?

You're just spewing pointless nonsense b/c you can't admit being wrong. So you ramble over and over in the hopes I'll get tired of you and stop replying so you can say to yourself "I'm right". That is the only way I can make sense of any of your posts.
Career Officer
# 33
10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
What are you talking about? What you suggested would absolutely be scewed by design lol?

The strength of several Procs is effected by Skill points. The point the AP skill proc is damage. It's not "interference" to max the potential. You're wanting to falsely limit the potential of APs by not allowing for CritH mods, effectiveness of Polaron drain, effectiviness of Tetryon Drain. Iirc even Phasers are impacted by skills not only in resists, but Sci for duration. This alone discounts your so called experiment's integrity.

This doesn't even count synergies w/things like phasers and VM, polarons and Tykens, Tet w/Tetglider, disruptors w/Direct hull damage like DEM, TBR, Transphasics etc, TB w/APs for rolling even more Crits or APA for CritH bonus.

Then you want us to not distribute shields ie pilot our ships as dumb as possible, lol?

You're just spewing pointless nonsense b/c you can't admit being wrong. So you ramble over and over in the hopes I'll get tired of you and stop replying so you can say to yourself "I'm right". That is the only way I can make sense of any of your posts.
I was talking about a test between Plasma and Tetryon, not AP. But, I know I'm right. I've crunched the numbers and SEEN the in-game results. There's a reason I went from Tetryon TO Plasma. But, clearly, you haven't the courage to see this though. I'll find someone else that WILL, and post the results.
Captain
# 34
10-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
I was talking about a test between Plasma and Tetryon, not AP. But, I know I'm right. I've crunched the numbers and SEEN the in-game results. There's a reason I went from Tetryon TO Plasma. But, clearly, you haven't the courage to see this though. I'll find someone else that WILL, and post the results.
Have fun w/that.
Career Officer
# 35
10-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Have fun w/that.
I intend to. While I'm at it, I might even do all the energy types, do an in-depth comparison. I don't think anyone's ever tested them at length.
Career Officer
# 36
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
2) Reduces current power level in that same subsystem instantly.
-- Successive procs will temporarily reduce your power below the already-reduced max, but you will instantly begin regaining power up to the reduced threshold dictated by the 1st effect of the proc.
Polaron:
So let's say you have a 5 man team all using polaron weapons and the 1st proc is initiated. We know the 1st proc is not stackable, but can be extended to an indefinite period of time via subsequent procs that occur within 5 seconds (at least 1 new proc within any 5 second interval that keeps refreshing the 5 second time). This means that item #1 can be a perma proc (up to your death) if you incur a polaron proc within every 5 second period.

The second part of that proc is stackable.

Let's take an extreme circumstance.. 10 people in ker'rat all with polaron weapons, all firing at a single target. The first proc takes hold , but while under the influence of the first proc, everyone procs you on the #2 which means -100 power level which immediately begins rising to the 1st proc reduced maximum threshold of -10. Rate of increase depends on your EPS skill.

Can you see any situation where continuous procs from accx3 weapons may keep you utterly useless? especially when used in conjunction with other power draining or subsystem disabling abilities?

This is just an example.

Other weapon procs like disruptors which, as you said, are relatively ineffective on the 2nd proc, might not be the case when 7-8 people are proccing you (i.e. team play).

I'm just saying that I have experienced these procs that can stack and the phaser weapons changes are more unequivocal given the 10 second immunity as compared other weapons types have no such restrictions. Maybe all weapon types need to have a 10 second immunity without continuous timer resets/stacking?
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!