10-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Needs:
  • More hull
  • Far less shields
  • Excelsior-level turn rate
  • No stupid excessive pointless hangar

I don't mind the ship being a smidge OP since it was a speshul snowflake Mary Sue does-everything ship in the novels of origin, but come on. Surely some of your testers are looking at this and going "Well this is stupid."
Okay, why call the hanger bay excessive and pointless? The original Vesta from the novel had it; why not now?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 82
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
with a cheap answer , read the dev blog :p

Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2
but where does this say its a console? could be an ability like Sensor Analysis
Career Officer
# 83
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Because it's an extra feature on a ship that has too many features.

Something's gotta give, and the hangar is the only thing on this ship that feels tacked on for the sake of making the ship even more of a fanboy supership.
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
10-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimatl View Post
but where does this say its a console? could be an ability like Sensor Analysis
oooh you mean the sensor dish cannon ?

' The Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer: Aventine Class features a bonus Tactical Console slot, and bonus Weapon Power. The Aventine Class also comes equipped with a Quantum Field Focus Controller universal console. The Quantum Field Focus Controller can reroute main power to the Deflector Dish and fire a high intensity Quantum Field Focus Phaser through the Main Deflector. '
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 85
10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Because it's an extra feature on a ship that has too many features.

Something's gotta give, and the hangar is the only thing on this ship that feels tacked on for the sake of making the ship even more of a fanboy supership.
All it needs is at least a 3K boost to Hull - with the lock-box ships at 30k this seems too light. Given its size it seems wayyyy too light.

Turn rate is Ok - the design and the reason it was given cannons was it was build to be highly manuverable - so that fits with the books.
Career Officer
# 86
10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Nope i do meant the Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2. There?s no word in the discription saying its a console, or a weapon, or an ability. could be everything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 87
10-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Cryptic needs to make separate Tactical and Engineering BO setups for the other two ships.

That said, I had fun with the Odyssey. At least I'll get a new cannon out of it, (If the damage is higher than my DHC's.)
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 10-31-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 88
10-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2 thats what that is , just like sao paulo
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 89
10-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Needs:
  • More hull
  • Far less shields
  • Excelsior-level turn rate
  • No stupid excessive pointless hangar

I don't mind the ship being a smidge OP since it was a speshul snowflake Mary Sue does-everything ship in the novels of origin, but come on. Surely some of your testers are looking at this and going "Well this is stupid."
Be Silent!

We Science captains have been needing a serious leg-up for almost 9 months. We haven't had a decent science vessel that could do more than support since the RSV (Wells doesn't count, as a LB ship). I for one as a SCI Captain, welcome this ship, and I will be buying the full pack. Don't complain about "OP". My current RSV build is a DEMON, and a serious upgrade like this is just what I and other SCI caps needed.
Captain
# 90
10-31-2012, 01:51 PM
So my Galaxy-X has become even more useless? <Breaks down in tears>
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Closed Thread