Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
Here's a ship we need in the fleet ships list. Posted in another thread, but I want this so bad I'll start a new thread.

Fleet Koro'T'inga Retrofit

Fleet Shipyard Tier 3
Hull: 38,000
Turn rate: 12
Impulse modifier: 0.15
Shield modifier: 1.1
Crew: 650
Inertia Rating: 40
Weapons: 4 fwd, 4 aft (can mount DHC)
Devices: 3
Consoles: ENG 4, SCI 3, TAC 3
BOFFS:
CMDR ENG
LT SCI
ENS TAC
LTCDR UNIVERSAL
LT UNIVERSAL
Special Bonuses: +10 weapons, +10 engines
Abilities: Cloak

Price: 20,000 Fleet Credits, 4 Fleet Modules

The K'Tinga retros are great looking ships but they are weak compared to the Vor'cha retrofit (which is tier2). This is the next progression of the landmark design. The Koro'T'inga is the z-store upgrade to the free K'Tinga, so it makes sense there is a fleet one.

Modern advances and modern ship building materials make the hull more durable (but not as much as the Fleet Vor'Cha retrofit), but improvements in efficiency and ship systems means less crew are required, making the ship less massive (with less life support and less crew quarters, etc). This doesn't really present itself as a better turn rate, but it does with a slightly better inertia rating. Note that raptors have a 60 inertia rating, so this isn't all that much better. A slight improvement. The shields are brought up to reflect a very expensive 1-time unlock ship also.

The BOFF setup allows a SCI player to actually run a decent KDF ship that isn't a carrier, if they wish to run LT and LtCDR as SCI. It also allows a player to set up the traditional tank with CDR and LtCDR as ENG. On the third prong you can run the LtCDR as TAC same as the Fleet Vor'cha retrofit. This gives you an improvement over the tier-1 Fleet K'Tinga in regards to raw ship stats, but also allows you to use 1 ship for several different characters using the universal BOFF setup.

The Tier3 is to make it harder to get, as it has universal BOFF slots it is 1 tier higher than the Vor'cha which does not.

The main premises are: flexible LtCDR boff slot and higher hull rating than the F K'Tinga.
Commander
# 2
11-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Actually the Fleet Tor'kaht does have a universal slot: A Lieutenant one. You could go more tactical with it or (as most would do) put it into science.
Captain
# 3
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
That's not a choice, really. You have to put that as sci, pretty much (or suffer). I want a choice that allows traditional ENG setup with flexibility, which means the LtCDR slot has to be universal or there's no flexibility. The LT slot is universal to allow swapping a high with a low, so say you want it TAC you don't have 2 low TACs and 1 high (unless you really want to).

Something that allows this and externally looks like a K'Tinga
Captain
# 4
11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
The Koro'T'inga always was a beauty but it's a cruiser, and like most every cruiser it's primarily a healer. If a Tac version can be made (swap the # of ENG and TAC consoles) I'd probably be first in line to buy it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 5
11-01-2012, 01:54 PM
That's nonsense. I heal more in my BoP than in my battlecruiser. I hardly see straight-up cruisers heal anyways. The Torkhat IS a Vorcha. It has been a paid skin for the Vorcha until recently. There's no difference. The K'Tinga IS a Vorcha. No difference. They even kept the BOFF layout.

Having a universal LtCDR slot is quite common on many ships right now. This is one that would be worth it. Not overpowered (*cough*Vesta*cough*), and a logical upgrade from the Fleet K'Tinga while giving players the a ship that allows them to do things other ships in the same class can already do.

It's nothing new, nothing ground breaking, but it is something very much needed.

P.S. Don't confuse "cruiser" with "battlecruiser" -- the two are not the same.
Captain
# 6
11-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Well, 4 ENG consoles and an ENG Commander say something different to me. Even with the LtCdr Tac I think my Pach can out spike this and I know the Qin can but neither have comparable hull or shield mod.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 7
11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
That doesn't negate anything. Vorcha = Torkhat = F K'Tinga. A F Koro'Tinga would simply combine features of the same battlecruiser class into a new combination.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
the fleet ktinga is an awesome cruiser as is. mount DHCs on it, carry a tractor beam, EWP1 and DEM 3 and you will have damage dealing that if fleet vorcah like, and have great hold potential.

even better, run 2 AtB on this ship with tech doffs and you will have something truly powerful, all your skills at global cooldown with 1 copy. no silly universal stations needed.

run this, tac captain for best result. fleet ktinga, vorcha R

TT1, CRF1
BO1

EPtS1, AtB1, EWP1, DEM3
EPtA1, AtB1, RSP2

TB1, HE2

3 purple tech doffs, 2 shield distribute doffs. 3 DHC, 1 DBB, 4 turrets

2 turn consoles, 1 nutronium, 1 EPS console
borg, whatever, whatever
3 energy damage
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 9
11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
That still doesn't help if you want AoE along with your CRF. You cannot slot a CSV on there. A2Bat doesn't help if you're already running max power to weapons banks, either.

It doesn't matter the combination of boff skills you choose, you can mix and match as you see fit (I, personally, run it differently than your list). The issue is I want my vorcha upgrade to allow me flexibility like other builds do. I want to run it like some run the torkhat, but I also want to be able to fall back to my eng cruiser setup if it turns out I don't like that. My sci alternate would love it as well to run this ship with some margin of sci offensive capabilities, even if it means reducing the tac capabilities to do it (read: trade the LtCDR to a universal slot).
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
That still doesn't help if you want AoE along with your CRF. You cannot slot a CSV on there. A2Bat doesn't help if you're already running max power to weapons banks, either.

It doesn't matter the combination of boff skills you choose, you can mix and match as you see fit (I, personally, run it differently than your list). The issue is I want my vorcha upgrade to allow me flexibility like other builds do. I want to run it like some run the torkhat, but I also want to be able to fall back to my eng cruiser setup if it turns out I don't like that. My sci alternate would love it as well to run this ship with some margin of sci offensive capabilities, even if it means reducing the tac capabilities to do it (read: trade the LtCDR to a universal slot).
why does AOE suddenly mater? if you want AOE use CSV instead of CRF, they actually have pretty similar DPS. 2 AtB gives you PLENTY of weapons power, all you could want to run an all energy build in fact.

for anything you could possibly want to use a tac cruiser for, that build is the best, period. use the bortas if you want tac, eng and sci swap-ability.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus