Captain
# 121
10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
This looks interesting. I been looking at the high end ships for my Fed Captain. Once I can see all the views of it I will decide on if I like it or not.

Still waiting for the Ambassador Class. I really love to have my Eng in it.

Any ships for the KDF ??
Ensign
ok so i applaud cryptic/perfect world for adding the one ship ive desired since this game came into existence with a setup that allows it to retain its described techs while not being overly powerful on a single variant. guaranteed i WILL find a way to buy this bundle. now i would like to ask for a hint on how your development team is going to satisfy the loyal kdf players? you just announce a ship that takes another chunk away from kdf carrier dominance and universal dual heavy cannon compatability advantage. not to mention the consoles essentially add (1) a team proximity hazard emitter style heal. (2) torpedo rejecting hull buff (3) a laser looking to be on par with dreadnought spinal phaser lance.
then the set benefit (4) a shield bubble that provides the same function as ablative armoring. you guys must be hard pressed to come up with something that can even the odds against this vessel which sounds like a perfect chariot for a god of war!
Starfleet Veteran
# 123
10-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
Seeing that it's 5000 Zen I see no mention of a custom bridge for it. All the other bundled ships have a bridge, I wold be pretty annoyed if it doesn't come with one. Branflakes can you shed any light on this please?
Well, I don't know how designing the bridge would work in a situation where they had to buy the rights to the ship.
Empire Veteran
# 124
10-31-2012, 02:52 PM
question bran flakes,

each of these vestas come with a aux DHC correct? can you slot more then 1 at a time, and thus not need weapons power at all?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 125
10-31-2012, 02:53 PM
With all respect, bringing out new ships is fine. But what about following : bring out in the Season 7 the consoles separated. For example, I bought recently the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. In the description stay that I can separate the saucer if I have the console. Sadly, I don't have it but I can obtain it if I buy the C-Store version of this ship. D'oh, another 2000 to 2500 Zen for only the console, coz' the C-store version has lesser specs, upon the 2000 Zen that I had already spend on the Fleet Modules. Metthink you can get my point, twice the same ship for obtaining one console is ridiculous.

Now, if Cryptic would made an extra section in the store, where people could buy those special consoles for ships and sell them for example at 500 Zen (2000 Zen for Fleet Version of the ship and 500 for that special console = 2500 Zen which is the same as the C-Store version of that vessel). Wouldn't that be a great idea ?
Captain
# 126
10-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks for shafting the KDF once again.
Captain
# 127
10-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
With all respect, bringing out new ships is fine. But what about following : bring out in the Season 7 the consoles separated. For example, I bought recently the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. In the description stay that I can separate the saucer if I have the console. Sadly, I don't have it but I can obtain it if I buy the C-Store version of this ship. D'oh, another 2000 to 2500 Zen for only the console, coz' the C-store version has lesser specs, upon the 2000 Zen that I had already spend on the Fleet Modules. Metthink you can get my point, twice the same ship for obtaining one console is ridiculous.

Now, if Cryptic would made an extra section in the store, where people could buy those special consoles for ships and sell them for example at 500 Zen (2000 Zen for Fleet Version of the ship and 500 for that special console = 2500 Zen which is the same as the C-Store version of that vessel). Wouldn't that be a great idea ?
Yes, it would.

But there's a reason that it is the way it is - you have to spend more money.

F2P turned STO into a complete cash grab.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Starfleet Veteran
# 128
10-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
question bran flakes,

each of these vestas come with a aux DHC correct? can you slot more then 1 at a time, and thus not need weapons power at all?
no unique weapons that come with ships can be used multiple times , its one per ship , like the sao paulo quads , orb weaver thermionic , regent wide angle torp etc etc
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 129
10-31-2012, 03:02 PM
BOTTOM LINE :

Forget launching at season 7 - LAUNCH HER TOMORROW!!
Career Officer
# 130
10-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
What if you are a sci captian and hit your target with sub nuke, sensor scan first followed by your suggestions? and just for good measure throw out some tractor runnies?
Then I'll add "ohhhh myyy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
im hoping the fleet assault cruiser could redress the balance a bit , much as i love the vesta , this is really very very strong .
its gonna be in testing , so it may well get tweaked and toned down
Yes, the Regent does need at least a 4th Tactical Console and might as well throw in a Hanger Bay as well since it's canon since the Sovereign's hanger bay was big enough for a Runabout.

The Galaxy-X need a COMPLETE overhaul now that the Vesta has DHC and Phaser Lance Capability. She needs at least 4 Tactical Consoles (I'd say up it to 5). A Hanger bay (The Enterprise-D had runabouts too). Maybe add another Shield console so her shields would be stronger and able to take more damage.

The Nebula, well who wants to fly that when you got the Vesta? So she needs some loving too.

The Intrepid Refit? Who wants to buy that when the Vesta's Quantum Shield does the same thing as the Ablative Armor (and it's better). And the Vesta is more "bang" for the buck too since she has more than what the Intrepid Offers.

So Cryptic basically threw out $100 worth of C-store ships for a $50 one.
Closed Thread