Career Officer
# 141
10-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Sigh. Not only does it invalidate several CStore ships, but it invalidates most fleet ships as well.

Not a smart move, Cryptic. Please make the other ships I own as fun as the Vesta.
Captain
# 142
10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Mein gott that's powerful, but at the same time within reason! Our rumor-mongering has been waaaay off. LOL

And for all you hoping for a good science vessel, you can shut up now. LOL

Can we mount more than 1 copy of ADHCs on a Vesta series? Or will we have to resort to Quad phaser cannons, Dual Aux Phaser Cannons, normal Dual Heavy Phaser Cannons and run really weird power levels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Starfleet Veteran
# 143
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
to all those panicking about this being overpowered , bear in mind its going to be tested on tribble by a hand picked team of testers from the community , the ones that always report feedback , bugs etc on the testing forums , so its going to get a thorough testing , and may well yet be toned down respectively
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 144
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
While i'm asking stupid questions, will items like the sao paulo quad cannon get updated so it can be used on a vesta?
Career Officer
# 145
10-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
to all those panicking about this being overpowered , bear in mind its going to be tested on tribble by a hand picked team of testers from the community , the ones that always report feedback , bugs etc on the testing forums , so its going to get a thorough testing , and may well yet be toned down respectively
I don't think its going to get toned down. Every ship that was recommended to be nerfed from Tribble Testing didn't get nerfed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 146
10-31-2012, 03:27 PM
i did say ' may ' be toned down :p
if it doesnt , it doesnt , but i imagine there will be a lot of feedback from the testers
12th Fleet
Ensign
# 147
10-31-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm getting the $50 set, but I do wish it wasn't so OP! EVERYBODY will have one (at least for a while) just for that reason. I just wanted a decent SCI ship so I'd stop being asked to leave STF's as soon as they see my science ship come in
Starfleet Veteran
# 148
10-31-2012, 03:30 PM
most will probably go back to their odysseys after a few days , same as when the regent came out
12th Fleet
Captain
# 149
10-31-2012, 03:35 PM
A nice ship. But both set bonuses are absolutely useless. Since we don't have one single space map I don't need to be any faster. I can't plot in a course and then have a coffee because my ship will always stop at the sector border.

And the shield bubble will be as useless as the ablative shield generator on the long range science vessel retrofit. I tried it once or twice and then put it on the bank. Since you cannot fire while the bubble is activated enemies will just wait till the bubble goes down and kill you then. As I said. It's completely useless.
Career Officer
# 150
10-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
most will probably go back to their odysseys after a few days , same as when the regent came out
Setting up LtC Engy + Lt Engy is almost as good as Cmdr Engy + LtC; there's not a whole lot of really useful Engy Skills. You could just use whatever Engy Heals you were going to have with the Cmdr Sci.

But even if don't do that, you gain actual offensive options with the Cmdr Sci. Zombie Cruisers would be fun if this game actually required and used tanking; without tanking mechanics, zombie cruisers are worthless.

And of course, there's the Siren's call of Ltc Tac. Just put the Ens in Engy for 2x EPtX of your choice and go half and half for Heals and Offense on the Cmdr Sci.
Closed Thread