Captain
# 151
10-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
A nice ship. But both set bonuses are absolutely useless. Since we don't have one single space map I don't need to be any faster. I can't plot in a course and then have a coffee because my ship will always stop at the sector border.

And the shield bubble will be as useless as the ablative shield generator on the long range science vessel retrofit. I tried it once or twice and then put it on the bank. Since you cannot fire while the bubble is activated enemies will just wait till the bubble goes down and kill you then. As I said. It's completely useless.
IE they better go back and make more HULL!! - How can the Wells have 30k and the Vesta 27.8k??
Starfleet Veteran
# 152
10-31-2012, 03:39 PM
the lt cmdr uni is a godsend , since i can drop a tac boff in there with high yield 3 for the thermionic torpedo , thats essential to my crowd control build

Quote:
IE they better go back and make more HULL!! - How can the Wells have 30k and the Vesta 27.8k??
its from the future , its bound to be constructed with more advanced materials
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 153
10-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The Wells doesn't have 40 Extra Features (ok, its really 6) that aren't bulkheads. Its big on the outside, but most of that space is being taken up by lots of sensitive equipment and not deck plating.
Ensign
# 154
10-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
A nice ship. But both set bonuses are absolutely useless. Since we don't have one single space map I don't need to be any faster. I can't plot in a course and then have a coffee because my ship will always stop at the sector border.

And the shield bubble will be as useless as the ablative shield generator on the long range science vessel retrofit. I tried it once or twice and then put it on the bank. Since you cannot fire when the bubble is activated enemies will just wait till the bubble goes down and kill you then. As I said. It's completely useless.
When I ran the Intrepid refit I NEVER used the ablative armor! It was almost useless! I agree the set bonuses are no big deal. I think it would of been kind of neat being that it's all experimental equipment, that there would bee a small percent chance of it failing. Kind of like the excelsior's transwarp. LOL, you go to fire the deflector phaser and it fails and your left with no weapons or shield for a few seconds.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 155
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
may i ask why there is no larger pics ? , a few pics of a higher res would be good tbh and may get me to buy one
Here is one I had posted a week or so ago =D

https://twitter.com/LCDRMiller/statu.../photo/1/large
Former Ship Artist now Environment Artist @ Cryptic

\\// Live Long and Prosper
Captain
# 156
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caileach View Post
When I ran the Intrepid refit I NEVER used the ablative armor! It was almost useless! I agree the set bonuses are no big deal. I think it would of been kind of neat being that it's all experimental equipment, that there would bee a small percent chance of it failing. Kind of like the excelsior's transwarp. LOL, you go to fire the deflector phaser and it fails and your left with no weapons or shield for a few seconds.
That would actually be a nice idea. Something like a 10% chance to overpower your ships relays when firing the deflector phaser.
Starfleet Veteran
# 157
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdrmiller View Post
Here is one I had posted a week or so ago =D

https://twitter.com/LCDRMiller/statu.../photo/1/large
that doesnt help with the other two variants though
12th Fleet
Career Officer
# 158
10-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft

hmpf

i know all Sci ships only have 6 weapon slots... and that is one of the reasons i DO NOT LIKE sci ships...

the SCI commander slot is another thing i don't like and it looks to me like all 3 versions come with the same BOff layout?

with only 6 weapons and probably a low amount of TAC console slots, where is the DPS supposed to be coming from?

i can make that a super tank that will never die, but won't kill anything on it's own.

and i'm not a fan of those weird crowd control effects in space at all

i already skipped on the Wells class because it was a Sci Heavy ship.... and i'm starting to see that this one is Sci heavy too.

i expected a Tac/Sci/Eng choice like with the Odyssey but here are only 3 SCI variants.
and with 3 universal consoles ...the console slots won't matter much.
and the energy level bonus doesn't matter either because i always make my own energy level presets anyway.
so if i want 10 more Aux i just move that slider up 2 points and done.
the only difference is when energy is disabled this one system is less likely to get disabled because the +10 Aux is a base stat.

So in the end, all 3 ship variants are pretty much the same, spare the pay 2 win consoles and the hopefully nice looking Variants of the ship (that i can't really see that well in the pictures.)

If you ask me, the 3 variants at least need different BOff seatings.
And i wouldn't mind if there was one with 4/4 Weapon Slots or at least 4/3

Last edited by zerobang; 10-31-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 159
10-31-2012, 03:51 PM
It has 10 Consoles so probably 2500-3000 ZEN, but after 2 years, they probably didn't bother adding a unique bridge. (Sound familiar <Regent>)

Maybe I should have read more before opening my mouth. Didn't realize it was going to be a 3 ship deal.

Grab your wallets...hear comes Zynga Dan!

Last edited by pingahead; 10-31-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 160
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
the tactical one has :

+10 Power to Auxiliary Systems, +5 Power to Weapon Systems
Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 4 Science
Console ? Universal ? Quantum Field Focus Controller
12th Fleet
Closed Thread