Empire Veteran
# 21
10-31-2012, 10:45 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Roach is more correct - I am kicking the ant pile a little - but not to make KDF players angry - just waking up to current reality.
Except we KDF fans never where asleep to be woken up. The future possible situation of the KDF is the same as it ever was and to give in and joining the feds as one big faction is still the same non-option it ever was.

All we KDF fans can do is wait, continue to express our desires and see if the light at the end of the tunnel is sunshine or the train.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 22
10-31-2012, 11:12 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6330921]
Quote:

Except we KDF fans never where asleep to be woken up. The future possible situation of the KDF is the same as it ever was and to give in and joining the feds as one big faction is still the same non-option it ever was.

All we KDF fans can do is wait, continue to express our desires and see if the light at the end of the tunnel is sunshine or the train.
Sadly Levi may be right, PWE needs to make money so they go where the money is. I.E. Fanboys need their toys and money not spent on the majority is a waste, so no PvP, no more than one faction, no new story, only pay-to-play content. As Levi once said, If you aren't buying- your freeloading. So STO don't need me, my sub is running out, I don't buy fed toys and they don't create things I want. Luckily MWO is out, Chris Roberts is creating again and even our old SFC server is back up so there's many more exits available than were a few weeks ago. Seems there's less peeps who really care than drones who play what they're given, once they go the drones will have the sandbox all to themselves, enjoy.

My hope is oneday STO get's a reboot and becomes the game this version coulda been- just like the movie franchise. Actually now that I think about it, I hope not. I'm bored beyond belief with Star Trek- the only thing interesting were the Klingons, and when they're killed off I can finally move forward in life, and find interesting things elsewhere. Keep paying them guys Levi- they LOVE your kind.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-31-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Lieutenant
# 23
10-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Chris is working on an MMO?!?!?!? Sah-WEEEET!

Thanks for the link!
You're welcome, although he is straying away from referring to it as an MMO. It is online multi player in a persistent universe thought - sounds pretty MMO like to me.

Still at the conceptual stage though at the moment, looking to raise the funds. I'm hoping it comes sooner than the two years they are estimating though...
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Empire Veteran
# 24
10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I leave this here without comment. I will revisit this thread upon the launch of Season 8 to add comments.
Based Solely on his track record with the KDF: it's a Lie and if not it'd be the first time involving the KDF.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
im sick of it bloody sick of it.

its beyond a joke the federation gets ship after ship after ship what do we get *********

fed up with excuses and other crap they keep giving us.

treat the bloody factions the same if feds get a ship so do kdf thats not asking for alot just sort your ***** out cyrptic
Captain
# 26
10-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post

its beyond a joke the federation gets ship after ship after ship what do we get *********

treat the bloody factions the same if feds get a ship so do kdf thats not asking for alot just sort your ***** out cyrptic
Indeed.

THIS is what we need for the KDF:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31#post6335731
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Levi's ideas seem to be a short term fix, honestly I really think to make this game viable is exactly what Stahl says, lets hope for the first time he actually follows through!

Does it make sense to make ships for the KDF at this time considering where we're at right now?

I've pledged to Star Citizen, but its at least two years away it seems and I don't see it taking over STO as its very much made in the awesome Wing Commander/Privateer style. Not really an MMO, but yet it is as they seem to be trying to cover every base from a gaming point of view. Cannot wait for it either!

Last edited by startux; 10-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Commander
# 28
11-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post

Excatly this is the opinion I've reached too.
There WAS so much potential in STO, but it was wasted on the Federation only.

I hope in 2-5 years another company will take up the Star Trek IP and make another MMO that time with a decent multifaction experience. Cryptic obviously failed miserably on that while still telling us to stay as we might get some new stuff.

Sorry if this sounds do negativ, but I'm fed up with Cryptics Federation gets new toys only stance.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 29
11-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Feds get 15 cstore ships in two years, we get one.
But pwe is going commited to the kdf.

Never buy another pwe product
Captain
# 30
11-01-2012, 04:54 AM
I think it's kind of funny that they go around saying there isn't enough players on the KDF to justify more content, what was it last time, 16% of Sto players? But there probably isn't that many BECAUSE of the lack of content. There was never really a lot to it, so obviously people were turned off from a faction that never really was. If they took the time to add the promised content then I'm sure people would go for it. I for one love the ships on the KDF side but don't play it as it does tend to be "hey we're bad guys" more than "we're honorable warriors" but if they added more content and some nice ships too boot I'd level my two KDF ASAP.