Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,035
# 21
10-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Tanky DPS?

Kind of makes me think back to UO and Tank Mages...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 22
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
But...



So where are the other 1-2 guys when your 2-3 guys are taking down the first guy?

You're basically describing a premade duo running through PUGs that are staring at the wall while drooling... they're grabbing their ankles and waiting in line to die.

How about if you're bringing 2-3 guys - then they bring 2-3 guys as well. It's not a 2-3 v 1, it's a 2-3 v 2-3...?
please re-read my first post.

it describes this scenario and offers some light.

once you get past the first level of nuke kill combo, and the guy doesnt die... then you are up against people who are thinking.

and if you are not im comm with your teammates, then have a bind that says "im about to nuke and scan this target"

your tac escort, if he his half aware, will spike on that target.

what do you not understand here?

if you are just pugging and care about winning a team game? i miss your whole argument.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 23
10-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Tanky DPS?

Kind of makes me think back to UO and Tank Mages...
if you are worried about tanky dps while piloting an escort, or cruiser. then you are not doing it right at all.

edit: in this game, right now, as is. not referencing the game you referred to. im not aware of its mechanics
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
# 24
10-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So where are the other 1-2 guys when your 2-3 guys are taking down the first guy?

You're basically describing a premade duo running through PUGs that are staring at the wall while drooling... they're grabbing their ankles and waiting in line to die.

How about if you're bringing 2-3 guys - then they bring 2-3 guys as well. It's not a 2-3 v 1, it's a 2-3 v 2-3...?
No what he's describing is an organized premade vs. premade fight were team leaders are calling targets for the damage dealers to focus on due to changing circumstances in a given fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Thinking of all ships in terms of escorts or "healers" is a bit limited in my opinion... crowd control isn't as strong in a team setting as it is in most games because healers can cross-apply cleanse effects, sure, but there are definitely places for ships that inhabit some murky region between.
I don't think of the game just in terms of escorts and healer, those are just two facets of a complete team and only a rookie premade would bring just straight damage and straight healers

To be more specifics, when create a premade team design, I not only thing of the overall goal and functional methodology of the team, but in terms of what kind of roles would be needed to meet said methodology. Personally I divide it up into the following areas: Pure Damage, supplementary damage, healer, and group support; and apart from that there are the purpose builds but that's another matter.

Anyway that's me, and fly under the radar of most

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 25
10-31-2012, 05:31 PM
You denied the point I was making and then proved it in your post I said that it dose work but the timing isn't just your own you need to time it to the person your fighting as well. And you made my point by if it doesn't work at first observe and I've played this game from closed beta I know early what you mean and I've had to do some dogfight that ended up as 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's. it like the old saying goes "it doesn't matter who the better fight is, the winner I the the one who's buddy shows up with the gun first" I agree I'll be able to pop this ship with ease. I role a sci ship and out dps whole teams flying tactical. Why because I know what I'm doing as I am sure you do. The point I was making is if someone get in this hip and knows what he is doing and knows how to build a ship. As long as he doesn't go wow shinny it will be harder to kill that person. I'm not saying it can't be done I've I've killed a big without firing a shot. I got called a bunch of names for that ill get banned if repeated so while I agree with you it will work in 95% of the cases but you will get that one ship flown by that one guy that it won't work on or at least wont kill instantly.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 26
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
You denied the point I was making and then proved it in your post I said that it dose work but the timing isn't just your own you need to time it to the person your fighting as well. And you made my point by if it doesn't work at first observe and I've played this game from closed beta I know early what you mean and I've had to do some dogfight that ended up as 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's. it like the old saying goes "it doesn't matter who the better fight is, the winner I the the one who's buddy shows up with the gun first" I agree I'll be able to pop this ship with ease. I role a sci ship and out dps whole teams flying tactical. Why because I know what I'm doing as I am sure you do. The point I was making is if someone get in this hip and knows what he is doing and knows how to build a ship. As long as he doesn't go wow shinny it will be harder to kill that person. I'm not saying it can't be done I've I've killed a big without firing a shot. I got called a bunch of names for that ill get banned if repeated so while I agree with you it will work in 95% of the cases but you will get that one ship flown by that one guy that it won't work on or at least wont kill instantly.
dogfight?

this is a team game friend. and i was describing how people can kill as a team.

if you want to solo and win, go ahead and try. there are people out there working together. they have an advantage.

and this Vesta....it will not trump the bug 1v1. forget it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 27
10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
so yeah, i dont think i ever disagreed with your post, sorry if it read that way.

edit, but guys, i saw this as a real opportunity to pump team play!

this ship will be hard to kill for most pug teams, its true.

that's why i offered a little bit of veteran experience for you to read.

take the advice, hopefully it works for you...it has for me...and the people who taught me.

Last edited by thishorizon; 10-31-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,035
# 28
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
what do you not understand here?
Why you continue to ignore that it a team game - is what I do not understand...

You've got Side A communicating - but Side B is not.

Side A communicates they're setting up to wham-bam-thank you ma'am!

The target on Side B does not communicate that he just got subnuked? The support guys on Side B didn't just notice the one guy go buffless? They're just going to sit there?

What I do not understand is why you're giving all the advantage to one side while making the other side out to be... well, mentally deficient.

Nobody's concerned about Random Guy in PUGland flying his new shiny ship for the first time... and your original post is way overthinking how to kill that guy.

The concern is about organized folks with a clue working as a team and having multiple Vesta on their side...
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,035
# 29
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
No what he's describing is an organized premade vs. premade fight were team leaders are calling targets for the damage dealers to focus on due to changing circumstances in a given fight.
By describing a target that's blown all his CDs, is waiting for the subnuke bazinga can of whoopass, and flying alone against multiple aggressors?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 30
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Why you continue to ignore that it a team game - is what I do not understand...

You've got Side A communicating - but Side B is not.

Side A communicates they're setting up to wham-bam-thank you ma'am!

The target on Side B does not communicate that he just got subnuked? The support guys on Side B didn't just notice the one guy go buffless? They're just going to sit there?

What I do not understand is why you're giving all the advantage to one side while making the other side out to be... well, mentally deficient.

Nobody's concerned about Random Guy in PUGland flying his new shiny ship for the first time... and your original post is way overthinking how to kill that guy.

The concern is about organized folks with a clue working as a team and having multiple Vesta on their side...

OMG.

you have no team do you?

go ahead.

say it.

its the only reason you take this stance.

if you sign up for a 5v5.....or more....and you don't communicate with your team?

thats what im trying to say!

are you okay man?

(btw, im sober all you usuals reading this)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM.