Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 11
10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
are you people REALLY that bored that u have to look for tiny little inconsistencies that really no body notices but u. so wat if the combadge is in the wrong place and the rank pips r wrong. its 2409 people, get with the times. and the shoulder piece, it looks fine to me. Im just sayin that it looks like u guys r just looking for something to be wrong. Because i have never ever noticed these "inconsistencies" b4 until now
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 12
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
are you people REALLY that bored that u have to look for tiny little inconsistencies that really no body notices but u. so wat if the combadge is in the wrong place and the rank pips r wrong. its 2409 people, get with the times. and the shoulder piece, it looks fine to me. Im just sayin that it looks like u guys r just looking for something to be wrong. Because i have never ever noticed these "inconsistencies" b4 until now
Are you people REALLY that content with inconsistencies and inaccuricies in all things STO?

Might as well make all ships, floating 6-sided blocks, since the details don't matter right?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 13
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Again the uniform is supposed to look this way. 2409!!!! Not TNG OR DS9!!! If you want a TNG/DS9 version, Count me on. But just not say the Uniform is wrong, because it isn't.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 14
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkamp View Post
Again the uniform is supposed to look this way. 2409!!!! Not TNG OR DS9!!! If you want a TNG/DS9 version, Count me on. But just not say the Uniform is wrong, because it isn't.
I'm tired of Cryptic justifying every single "inaccuracy", by that tired old excuse... "This is 2409, things are bound to look different."

They specifically chose the TNG/DS9-era Dress Uniform, for the "Diplomat" costume. If they wanted to make a 2409 variant, they are entirely entitled to do so. But don't go using (almosot identical) an existing costume, make a few minor "modifications", and call it a 2409 variant.

Look at the TRUE 2409 uniforms (Antares/Sierra styles, Fleet uniforms, Vice Admiral coats etc), compare their style to the "so-called" 2409 Diplomat style. It's pretty obvious the two styles are ENTIRELY different. Just as any of the Antares/Sierra styles is completely different from any of the TNG/DS9-era styles.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 15
10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
I'm tired of Cryptic justifying every single "inaccuracy", by that tired old excuse... "This is 2409, things are bound to look different."

They specifically chose the TNG/DS9-era Dress Uniform, for the "Diplomat" costume. If they wanted to make a 2409 variant, they are entirely entitled to do so. But don't go using (almosot identical) an existing costume, make a few minor "modifications", and call it a 2409 variant.

Look at the TRUE 2409 uniforms (Antares/Sierra styles, Fleet uniforms, Vice Admiral coats etc), compare their style to the "so-called" 2409 Diplomat style. It's pretty obvious the two styles are ENTIRELY different. Just as any of the Antares/Sierra styles is completely different from any of the TNG/DS9-era styles.

Again 2409!!! NOT TNG/DS9. Cryptic may use everything they want it's there game. And if you want a TNG/DS9 version. Make a forum post about it. But again, just not say the uniform is wrong. It's an updated TNG/DS9 Diplomatic Uniform. with Rank pips of 2409 and badge from 2409.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 16
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Hellooooo... You are IN a thread, regarding the Diplomat uniform. The OP is asking for either fixing the existing uniform, or (as I have alluded to), make a new variant that is specifically 2409.

And i'll just quote myself for this last bit;

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
I'm tired of Cryptic justifying every single "inaccuracy", by that tired old excuse... "This is 2409, things are bound to look different."
You don't want them to change the current Diplomat uniform. Fine. But don't stop others from requesting changes/additions.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,207
# 17
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
If anything, it would provide an aire of consistency.

Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 18
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Hellooooo... You are IN a thread, regarding the Diplomat uniform. The OP is asking for either fixing the existing uniform, or (as I have alluded to), make a new variant that is specifically 2409.

And i'll just quote myself for this last bit;



You don't want them to change the current Diplomat uniform. Fine. But don't stop others from requesting changes/additions.


I don't stop you. All i say is this uniform is supposed to look like this. If cryptic want it to be TNG/DS9 diplomatic uniform. They had make the uniform in the first place. but they didn't.

And if you want a special TNG/DS9 Uniform. count me on. But some people are wanna play with this version. And some don't.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 19
11-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkamp View Post
I don't stop you. All i say is this uniform is supposed to look like this. If cryptic want it to be TNG/DS9 diplomatic uniform. They had make the uniform in the first place. but they didn't.

And if you want a special TNG/DS9 Uniform. count me on. But some people are wanna play with this version. And some don't.
They say the unform is supposed to look like this... because they were too lazy to design a proper Diplomat uniform. They took the late DS9/TNG film dress uniforms and ever so slightly tweaked things, and then they said its "inspired by" the TNG film dress uniforms. They didnt even change the pants from the TNG flim dress unifoms, just the jacket...

Inspired by would be the difference between the Countdown comic uniforms and the Sierra 1 uniforms... this is just blatant laziness. It should be fixed, and there should be a proper 2409 style uniform made.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 940
# 20
11-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Agreed. The location of the department stripe across the breast and the communicator pin need swapped to reflect the jacket correctly. Raise the upper sleeve stripe accordingly.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.