Starfleet Veteran
# 221
10-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Using them on my Dreadnought is one of the few comforts I could afford....
that raises a good point , cloaked dreadnought with 4 aux cannons
that could be nasty , im not familiar with the dread , but the lance comes from weapon power right ?
12th Fleet
Fleet Captain , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 222
10-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
I find that the decloak + Aux2batt technique works better though. And unlike the Defiant, the DNC has eng slots coming out the wazoo. ^^;

Within 10 seconds I blast a hole in someone with my lance and Acc3 phaser DHCs, then my aux comes back and I'm doing heal duty as though nothing ever happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 223
10-31-2012, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't mind the vesta having what it has in the forms its been laid out like... I would just want something for the KDF along the same lines as this vesta pack except a new class of Negh'Var that is smaller than the bortasqu' but has more tactical power being the free Negh'var just isn't what I would view as a Heavy Battle Cruiser.

The fleet vor'cha was done excellently but some of us prefer the look of the negh'var over the vor'cha look and we haven't got anything viable from the starbase system nor anything for it from the c-store.

Overall though the vesta models look nice if you are heavily invested or just getting started in the federation side but for us KDF players it would be nice to fill the void like the vesta did for the fed side except with a Negh'Var.
Starfleet Veteran
# 224
10-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I wouldn't mind the vesta having what it has in the forms its been laid out like... I would just want something for the KDF along the same lines as this vesta pack except a new class of Negh'Var that is smaller than the bortasqu' but has more tactical power being the free Negh'var just isn't what I would view as a Heavy Battle Cruiser.

The fleet vor'cha was done excellently but some of us prefer the look of the negh'var over the vor'cha look and we haven't got anything viable from the starbase system nor anything for it from the c-store.

Overall though the vesta models look nice if you are heavily invested or just getting started in the federation side but for us KDF players it would be nice to fill the void like the vesta did for the fed side except with a Negh'Var.
couldnt agree more , a bundle pack of ships for the kdf would go some way to filling gaps in the fleet. they'd have to make it nice and manoeuvrable though , unlike the bortas'qu , which turns like a blue whale with heavy shopping
12th Fleet
Captain
# 225
10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
I have to agree, unlimited Aux cannons is a bit crazy. Although on the other hand, ships other than sci barely need Aux power at the moment, so making a sci that barely needs weapons power isn't all that far out of line. The problem is that it would be too easy to transfer them to other ships, because the fact is that turrets really don't count for much compared to DHCs. Exactly how bad that is is debatable, but it's probably not good.
Career Officer
# 226
10-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Think about it though, you weapons scale in damage based on weapon power. Meaning you would need full Aux to get the same damage output.... Not enough power to go around... All weapons would suffer. The power depletion of cannons is not that much so if you managed to get both Weapon and Aux at 80, I don't think the gains of spreading power depletion around would be worth more than having weapon power at 125 with all depletion.

Cant wait to test it out.... It may be interesting to see what a Sci captain and a Chimera can get away with though... Wait would you do with the 3 weapons in the back...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 10-31-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 227
10-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Definite benefit from the Aux abilities like Aux to SIF and Aux to Dampeners (which nicely increases the turn rate by a ton).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
that raises a good point , cloaked dreadnought with 4 aux cannons
that could be nasty , im not familiar with the dread , but the lance comes from weapon power right ?
Can't remember, havn't flown my Dreadnaught in a while, but think it was tied to power. Then again, nothing a Weapon Battery couldn't fix.
Starfleet Veteran
# 228
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Definite benefit from the Aux abilities like Aux to SIF and Aux to Dampeners (which nicely increases the turn rate by a ton).

Can't remember, havn't flown my Dreadnaught in a while, but think it was tied to power. Then again, nothing a Weapon Battery couldn't fix.
no , im just thinking how deadly it could potentially be , not sure if it'd work , but have all power to aux , pop a weapons battery or red matter with the exocomp doff equipped , lance and cannon alpha strike on decloak
12th Fleet
Empire Veteran
# 229
10-31-2012, 07:12 PM
So feds get a sci version of a Fleet Corsair flight deck cruiser. Nice. Finally catching up to KDF.
Of course more toys and abilities so feds feel good about themselves.
The Aux powered cannons are a nice idea though.

An interesting ship release for sure. If I played Fed any more I'd probably go for this, but I don't.
Until the next KDF c-store ship, no money from me, sorry cryptic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
i know all Sci ships only have 6 weapon slots... and that is one of the reasons i DO NOT LIKE sci ships...

the SCI commander slot is another thing i don't like and it looks to me like all 3 versions come with the same BOff layout?

with only 6 weapons and probably a low amount of TAC console slots, where is the DPS supposed to be coming from?
lol. When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.
Sci ships require a different play style. If you can't adapt to it then this and other sci ships are not for you.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Captain
# 230
10-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Can't remember, havn't flown my Dreadnaught in a while, but think it was tied to power.
It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
no , im just thinking how deadly it could potentially be , not sure if it'd work , but have all power to aux , pop a weapons battery or red matter with the exocomp doff equipped , lance and cannon alpha strike on decloak
Exocomp Doff/Phaser Consoles + All power to Aux + Emergency Power to Aux + Aux to Battery + Weapons Battery.

EDIT: Throw in Tactical Team for the hell of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Closed Thread