Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
When I heard about the new assault my first thoughts was its about time we finally get a real assault starship bridge. Only to find out, that they are charging people what 30 bucks for a skin, and some things that will give them a edge in pvp I could careless about props. To me a starship is its lore, and its bridge. These are things I look for in a ship. Call me old fashion but I play star trek online for a complete ship, not just a skin for sector space.
The new assault, or Regent, isn't just a skin. It has a couple of new features, like the Metreon Gas Canisters Console, or Riker Maneuver which has served me well, and the 180 degree Quantum Torpedo Launcher that are amazing, specially when your using Torpedo Spread 3 lol

Also the +10 on weapons instead of the +5 on the Sovereign. Might not justify the $30 for you to spend, but I personally love the Assault Cruiser and didn't mind shelling out the money
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Given the recent revelation of the Vesta, they should give the Regent a fourth Tactical console slot.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
The things you listed are just props, I mean seriously you ever had the displeasure to take on the Klingons in pvp. Those players know how to fight, and more importantly no +5 weapon, or any prop is going to help anyone out in pvp. I just dont see the point to it. Why they keep ignoring something as Iconic as the bridge is beyond me.

I might not even mind it much if they were not asking for 30 bucks a ship, if it was something like 20 that would be a different story. You realize for 2 ships, you are paying enough money to buy the newest pc game on the market. Sorry for going a little off topic, but I am just saying the assault needs a real bridge, the current assault bridges are too big. Just my thoughts.
Commander
# 14
10-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
Or how about scraping the current Regent and give us a real refit. I hardly see Regents now. THe idea flopped
I quite enjoy the regent actually. The more tactical layout, the bonus weapon power, and the wide angle torp launcher are all great and make for a fun ship. Like others have said, I use the sov skin so it isn't obvious that its the regent unless you take the time to check the profile.

U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Career Officer
# 15
11-01-2012, 02:34 AM
I was sorta hoping that they'd include those new style missle looking photon torpedoes that the Enterprise-E had in Nemesis.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Lieutenant
# 16
11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Seriously, can we please have a fleet assault cruiser with a bonus to turn rate now?

*puppy eyes*
Career Officer
# 17
11-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Given the recent revelation of the Vesta, they should give the Regent a fourth Tactical console slot.
/agreed. Even if we have to get it as a Tier 2-3 fleet variant, I think I'd be ok with that.
Ensign
# 18
11-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Isn't the regent basicly a rejected design for the Soveirgn class anyway,I remember seeing the picture, it is the forward sweeping pylons that I remember most
Career Officer
# 19
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuskoronikov View Post
Isn't the regent basicly a rejected design for the Soveirgn class anyway,I remember seeing the picture, it is the forward sweeping pylons that I remember most
You mean the "chicken in a pan" version here: Original Enterprise-E Design.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Ensign
# 20
11-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
You mean the "chicken in a pan" version here: Original Enterprise-E Design.
Thats it exactly, to be honest I am suprised cyptic don't do that more often, use the rejected ideas, like the rejected Voyager that had the more arrow shaped saucer and downward nacelle pylons