Captain
# 931
10-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Yeah, instead of just getting the drop randomly, ( which was easy by itself, since you clearly barely played Elite STFs I think you are full of bologna ) you have to pay through the nose for it in yet another dilithium sink system that no one wanted. Cryptic can do no wrong huh Mark?
Easy my ass.
I have been doing STFs (most of them Elites and a majority ground since joining a fleet) since they remastered them and got my first Prototype tech drop on the ground a few days ago (and have only gotten 2 space drops), and to get each set requires you two get two of each drop. it is infuriating to go through all that and then take some newbies through an STF and have them link the exact drop you have been grinding months for.

THe Dilithium sink is a little bit annoying, true, but they have said we will be able to get dilithium from the new drops through projects which balances things out. it is certainly preferable to the BS we have now where you run a single STF over and over and pray to the random number gods.

That said, i do wish they would raise the limit on how much Dilithium we can refine each day (though I would prefer there not be a limit at all.

The fact that the grinding we have been doing does not put us ahead of the curve on unlocking Omega tiers is a bad choice, but the system by itself is much better than what we had. That said, I would like them to keep the tech drops in place as a way for us to luck out and get gear sooner like what we can do currently with Mk X and XI; and a new system wasn't even necessary (they could have just added MK XII set requisitions that cost EDCs), but the system isn't really that bad.

Last edited by raptor63549; 10-31-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 932
10-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
Easy my ass.
It is easy, it was even easy before they started amping up the rates. What people consider "hard" is usually novice level difficulty to an experienced gamer.

"I just got my first proto tech drop on ground a few days ago".... then clearly you weren't playing it often enough to get proto techs with frequency. Why does everyone want everything in 10 games or less?

As for the reputation system, what is so great about it? it is a sinkhole. Example You have a counterfeit rolex, if I say putting in a few hundred dollars into the trash can get you a better Replica counterfeit Rolex with your name engraved in it, would you do it?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-31-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Captain
# 933
10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
If it's so easy then where is my fragging MK XII MACO set?
I routinely get the optional on ALL of the elite STFs when teamed with competent members of my fleet, so the STFs aren't really all that hard.

Getting the gear, though, is not easy because it's luck based (by the same token you could argue it isn't hard either, but either way, it is bull****).
Starfleet Veteran
# 934
10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
I routinely get the optional on ALL of the elite STFs when teamed with competent members of my fleet, so the STFs aren't really all that hard.

Getting the gear, though, is not easy because it's luck based (by the same token you could argue it isn't hard either, but either way, it is bull****).
Then I recommend you play them more than just once a month, maybe you'll see more drops.

Last edited by mewi; 10-31-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Captain
# 935
10-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Then I recommend you play them more, than just once a month, maybe you'll see more drops.
If that's a joke, it's not very funny.

I play each STF multiple times a week, and there were a few months that I was playing each one multiple times per day most days of the week. In all that time, I have gotten 3 prototype tech drops (2 space, 1 ground).

Playing more doesn't change the fact that the current system is luck based meaning reward is not actually proportional to effort (again I have taken newbies through an STF and seen them get a drop right away, ie. MY effort has rewarded somebody else)
Starfleet Veteran
# 936
10-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
If that's a joke, it's not very funny.

I play each STF multiple times a week, and there were a few months that I was playing each one multiple times per day most days of the week. In all that time, I have gotten 3 prototype tech drops (2 space, 1 ground).

Playing more doesn't change the fact that the current system is luck based meaning reward is not actually proportional to effort (again I have taken newbies through an STF and seen them get a drop right away, ie. MY effort has rewarded somebody else)
It is lucky when you get 2 tech drops in only 2 games, it is NOT lucky that you get 1 drop in 15. It was bound to happen, you know why? Because the drop rates ARE high enough to guarantee that you will complete all sets.

and I think you aren't being very honest with the recollection of your time spent doing Elite STFs. If you are, then they are normal stfs or STFs that fail.

Rihannsu
# 937
10-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Well to be fair and taking a break form that ... things I have to say this.

I currently have one Full Mk XII MACO set in both Space and Ground, I have a fellow Fleet member that been going at Elites for longer and just have the Mk XII ground set for show as I was with him when he got the last part, in Space I got the Deflector on my first or second Elite run and he doesnt have it as the engines ... I did grind for then and they drop but he lacks then.

I have nothing against no longer having to deal with Random drops but the problem is we had full access to the store right from the start and with this system we get access in phases by Tier and worst, progression comes with a cost that did not existed before.

And worst, there are no conversion tables ... it seems by the way I read things is things are going to be handled individually for each player that means whatever happens you will only find out when you reached Tier 5, that is too late to complain or do anything about it.
Lt. Commander
# 938
11-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
And worst, there are no conversion tables ... it seems by the way I read things is things are going to be handled individually for each player that means whatever happens you will only find out when you reached Tier 5, that is too late to complain or do anything about it.
When put THIS way it seems like someone needs to get a call from the BBB.
Rihannsu
# 939
11-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:

I agree. I went back over the stuff my chars have collected from doing STFs and have concluded that out of ~30 STFs I've gotten a tech drop one. and that was a green tech...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 940
11-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I agree. I went back over the stuff my chars have collected from doing STFs and have concluded that out of ~30 STFs I've gotten a tech drop one. and that was a green tech...
Lol I did my first ground ESTF today with my Engi in Mk X MACO (bought using EDC gathered from Space runs)

Did IGE, got the Proto PSG straight away, no waiting 60-90 days :p

I plan to have the lot before this joke of an update comes out. At least that way I won't be spending Dilithium on items that used to be free.

I advocated using EDC to purchase Mk XII gear, which was the easiest solution and didn't drain peoples Dilithium, why didn't they implement that? we all know why

I wish people would stop being deluded, the primary goal of the changes to the STF's was not to remove luck and make sure everyone got their gear (That was just a bi-product of their aim), it was to ensure that STF's would be time gated and rebooted to keep people going until S8 (when a lot of new content should arrive) and also to create another set of dilithium sinks to fuel Zen sales.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-01-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Closed Thread