Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
This idea I have being there is probally little to no time in schedule for any C-Store KDF ships so I would think if there is to be one that its something to hold us primarily KDF players off for quite some time.

The idea is somewhat a cross over of the 1000 day ship, the multi vector, and the vesta. The idea itself is the game mechanics behind the multi vector where it can change stats of the ship as far as hull/power settings/etc, the moving parts of the 1000 day ship, and it being a pack ship idea.

The idea is that it would be primarily 100% Klingon race architecture design so it wouldn't have anything of other races within empire like orion, nausicaan, gorn, etc ship tech. With this idea depending on the mode selected like the Veteran Ship when it goes between modes it would have movable parts but it would change the composition of the ship. The modes would be Its normal mode as Negh'Var Heavy Battle Cruiser with justified stats. With moving parts where it can compact itself into a lower hull composition it would then be a Negh'Var version of a Raptor, and then the last mode from the mode of Negh'Var HBC it would then fully extend outward to be a Carrier. The idea behind the carrier part is that the smaller pieces that retract inward would create 2 hangars of K'vort bops that would be unique just to this ship and would only be able to sustain 1 K'vort for each hangar so there could never be more than 2 of these bops out at any given time.

My basic idea is that it would be a multi role ship but in my view the stats of it would excel as a Heavy Battle Cruiser of how they are primarily designed but reflect in the different modes that the ship could be used by any class in theory without any major differences a lot like the bortasqu' is but wouldn't take away from uniqueness of raptors and carriers.

Anyways I just thought about how unique the Vesta is going to be and though how some small features here and there could be adapted to make something unique for the KDF too. It would be a step in the right direction if we ever had a Delta Quadrant reputation system where you couldn't just twarp between Alpha and Delta Quadrants and would need multi-role ships for each faction to survive the harsh situations the Voyager crew encountered.
Captain
# 2
11-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Thing is, the Vesta doesn't change modes or have super stats or anything. Strip away the extra consoles and the hangar, and you're left with basically a Fleet RSV with some universal BOFFs. If you build a KDF equivalent, wouldn't a closer match be to take some kind of middle-of-the-road ship, buff it to fleet levels, but then load it up with fancy consoles to differentiate the versions? If anything do the technology base as an Imperial Unity design, with the expertise of each member race as justification for a wide assortment of available toys. It'd be the first ship in the Empire to not limit itself to the strengths of merely one race, but combine those of several. After all, the justification for the Vesta's strengths is that its a thoroughly documented USS Mary Sue, and any sort of counterpart is going to likewise need a good story, right?
Captain
# 3
11-01-2012, 01:52 AM
I'd definitely back a Vesta-counterpart on the KDF, but not in this manner.

Just:

1) reskin with Orion aesthetics
2) Change NOTHING
3) ???
4) PROFIT!

In fact, I recommend this happening for all ships in the game. Have both factions have access to the same ships, just that they look different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 4
11-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
After all, the justification for the Vesta's strengths is that its a thoroughly documented USS Mary Sue, and any sort of counterpart is going to likewise need a good story, right?
No, this is a video game that takes places 30 years after the vesta prototype was built. They just need to worry about releasing Klingon ships instead of deliberately favoring one faction while flipping the other side the bird.

If that's not financially viable(which I find laughable, modeling and importing these designs is not that expensive, especially for the non-canon Klingon ships), then they need to change the game model so that both sides can use all content.

I'd personally be embarrassed if this was my company. You don't just tell one subsect of clients "too bad" because you screwed up by dropping the ball from the very beginning, That's so disgustingly low of a business practice that I can't even fathom it.

Last edited by xantris; 11-01-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
11-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
After all, the justification for the Vesta's strengths is that its a thoroughly documented USS Mary Sue, and any sort of counterpart is going to likewise need a good story, right?
Then read
"Diplomatic Implausibility"
"The Brave and the Bold" book 2
and the IKS Gorkon novels

that should be enough justification for such a ship.
Ensign
# 6
11-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
No, this is a video game that takes places 30 years after the vesta prototype was built. They just need to worry about releasing Klingon ships instead of deliberately favoring one faction while flipping the other side the bird.

If that's not financially viable(which I find laughable, modeling and importing these designs is not that expensive, especially for the non-canon Klingon ships), then they need to change the game model so that both sides can use all content.

I'd personally be embarrassed if this was my company. You don't just tell one subsect of clients "too bad" because you screwed up by dropping the ball from the very beginning, That's so disgustingly low of a business practice that I can't even fathom it.
Gentleman and a Scholar

+5 Internets for you.
Captain
# 7
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post

Exactly. All the KDF community has really been asking is we be treated like equals, with equal attention and resources devoted to the faction and it's unique content.

The KDF faction has never had that. It's been neglected and left behind from the start, and the spoiled fedbears mock us for complaining about it.

Now the KDF is well behind on numbers and popularity (due to mismanagement of this game from the start). . .and Cryptic/PWE, in their divine wisdom, have decided to use an idiotic catch-22 argument to justify not putting enough effort into the KDF side of things. At best, we get a knockoff 'counterpart' piece to a new Fed ship or mission. . .at worst, we get nothing while the Feds get more than they can possibly have a need for. All the while, everything that made the KDF unique is slowly being given away to the Feds.

I just know they're gonna eventually give the Feds an option for the battlecloak, and 'counterparts' for the KDF battlecruisers to 'even the odds'.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
No reason why the KDF can't have a Vesta similiar vessel.

They can even call it the Chancellor Class strike vessel after the Gorkon novels.
Something like;

Chancellor Class Strike vessel
Rank Required: Lt.G
Hull Strength: 29,000
Shield Modifier: 1.15
Crew: 950
Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
Device Slots: 3
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Base Turn Rate: 13 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.16
Sensor Analysis
Can Equip Cannons
Standard Cloak
Aux Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2
1 Hangar Bay with 1 wing of Siphon Drones

No idea what the three variant special abilities would be.

or they could draw inspiration from MisterDee's Deep Scout vessel ideas.
One of my ideas. A simple KDF-esque of the Fed Vesta.
Another thread exists somewhere as well, with a different build.

Slap a nice looking skin on it and make it a KDF Starbase fleet ship or a straight Cstore ship.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
im really hoping they bring a 3 ship pack out to counter balance the vesta , its only fair hell , like khayuung said , just jiggle the stats a bit to make it more KDF-like orion or gorn skinned , and it'd be a solid ship
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I made a similar thread in the Fleetyard section earlier if you're interested:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=431431

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here