Empire Veteran
# 151
11-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Serisously totally OP BS ship gets released for 5000 zen invalidating all previous ships of its class. (see oddy) and we congratulate them on finally fixing runabouts maybe at some time, just not the fleet version as there are no T5 starbases yet?????

Because they are still testing, without the testers having access to the ship, boy do they value actual play-tested feedback.

BTW, where is Gecko in all these balance debates. Brandon is a marketing bunny, but where is the guy who is responsible for these releases and changes? I would love to hear how we are all to stupid to spec into resists, or what is the excuse this time? What about "there are always counters?"
when i said id be happy about a runabout nerf, i didnt mean id be happy about an unnerfed vesta also. that needs to happen too.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 152
11-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
Exactly what i was thinking of

Except that I would ditch 2 beam arrays for 2 turrets (or 1 trico to drop in the warp plasma)

What is the effect of sensor analysis on tet-glider?
I gave it a quick test on the Fleet Recon and it appears tet glider's only affected by weapons power and flow cap. It isn't Tac-buffable (except insofar as you proc it more often) either.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Lt. Commander
# 153
11-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
We are STAR TREK FANS, we want STAR TREK STORY

Speak for yourself.

I dislike nothing more then reading pages of dialog telling me the obvious (usually writtin in my quest log anyway) when I just want to get on with the actual gameplay.

If you want a static story - then watch an episode or read a book.

MMO content should be interactive and the players should be the ones creating the story.

This is where STO really fails, players have no effect at all on the universe.

Our actions have no consequences. Our PvP has no point or goals, our PvE has no replayability because it is completely static...

... although this topic is meant to be about ship balance, does it really matter when in the end it is all pointless?

All that said, I can understand why some people want featured episodes and story content. Fine, just don't make it static. Make new content a dynamic system with consequences (for example: the overall average of a faction captain's renowns influence content/story/space ownership/friends and enemies - and make PvP also affect renown in some way).
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 11-01-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 154
11-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Each comes with 1. Buy the pack and you'll have 3 total. They may have intended you use all 3 together? Though you'd screw over your sci powers if aux was always drained from cannonfire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that blog destroyed quite a few of my brain cells, so i might have got this wrong, gonna double check. the impression i got though was that 2 of the ships came with consoles, and 1 of them came with the cannons.

i see, there was 3 consoles. add that to the list of overpowering features, if you can equip the 3 you will get, you don't even need weapons energy. AT ALL. you can put everything in 3 of 4 subsystems and be impacted in 0 way. this ship is so over powered, its twice as good as the next best thing.
Even if you buy 1 ship, you can just put the DHC into your inventory and reclaim your ship to get another DHC.

So the item has to have the property of fitting only 1 on a ship. But that we only can check if we could see the tooltip
Empire Veteran
# 155
11-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I can't wait till construction begins on something to give constructive feedback too.. for the KDF
No reason why the KDF can't have a Vesta similiar vessel.

They can even call it the Chancellor Class strike vessel after the Gorkon novels.
Something like;

Chancellor Class Strike vessel
Rank Required: Lt.G
Hull Strength: 29,000
Shield Modifier: 1.15
Crew: 950
Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
Device Slots: 3
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Base Turn Rate: 13 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.16
Sensor Analysis
Can Equip Cannons
Standard Cloak
Aux Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2
1 Hangar Bay with 1 wing of Siphon Drones

No idea what the three variant special abilities would be.

or they could draw inspiration from MisterDee's Deep Scout vessel ideas.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-01-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 156
11-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Engine Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2
Fixed if for you! Would be fun!
Career Officer
# 157
11-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Ah, I see what you think my post says They've actually not got their hands on it yet The constructive feedback has come from the stats, as well as the discussions they've been having with the Devs -- actual testing of the ship will be happening very soon; you might even see one while your on Tribble soon and have the chance to challenge one to PvP or run alongside one in an STF, event, ETC.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Excellent that their will be some testing.

However, (like before) wrong order of things.

First do proper testintg, see how your idea's function in practice --> adjust stuf --> retest

Then anounce the ship with all its specs on the website.
Career Officer
# 158
11-01-2012, 06:56 AM
More overpowered than an Atlas!
Empire Veteran
# 159
11-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
More overpowered than an Atlas!
Its Monty Hall Gaming at this point. Why not ask for the moon as well as the stars?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 160
11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Well, I for one am pretty pumped to see just what the devs are going to come up with to match this thing KDF-side.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples