Empire Veteran
# 31
11-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I think it's kind of funny that they go around saying there isn't enough players on the KDF to justify more content, what was it last time, 16% of Sto players? But there probably isn't that many BECAUSE of the lack of content. There was never really a lot to it, so obviously people were turned off from a faction that never really was. If they took the time to add the promised content then I'm sure people would go for it. I for one love the ships on the KDF side but don't play it as it does tend to be "hey we're bad guys" more than "we're honorable warriors" but if they added more content and some nice ships too boot I'd level my two KDF ASAP.
Even the village idiot can figure that out before cryptic can. That isn't saying cryptic is dumb, but its saying that cryptic is looking at other metrics to get there vision.
Look at all the story content In The past two years.
One fe series and "Alpha". They just don't have the heart to make content like that.
So they make starbases and repeatable content that people "accept".

The entire point to f2p is to accept that you are going to get 90 percent of the people mad and leave. But it doesn't matter unless you have that same number of new players. Rinse repeat.
Empire Veteran
# 32
11-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
im sick of it bloody sick of it.

its beyond a joke the federation gets ship after ship after ship what do we get *********

fed up with excuses and other crap they keep giving us.

treat the bloody factions the same if feds get a ship so do kdf thats not asking for alot just sort your ***** out cyrptic
Some of us at the Gates of Stovokor have been pushing the idea that the Chancellor class strike vessels from the Gorkon book series could be the KDF version of the Vesta.

Rank Required: Lt.G
Hull Strength: 29,000
Shield Modifier: 1.15
Crew: 950
Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
Device Slots: 3
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal
Base Turn Rate: 13 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.16
Sensor Analysis
Can Equip Cannons
Standard Cloak
Aux Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [Dmg]x2
1 Hangar Bay with 1 wing of Siphon Drones

Sounds fair to me.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 33
11-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Too hard to make man. There isn't enough resources to make a kdf ship. You are craaaaaaaazy
Empire Veteran
# 34
11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Too hard to make man.
I;m not buying this excuse anymore...

Quote:
There isn't enough resources to make a kdf ship.
As a friend pointed out last night, the Devs always seem to keep us as involved as possible. A new KDF ship may be in the works to rival the vesta.

Quote:
You are craaaaaaaazy
I'm sure they will say so.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
11-01-2012, 07:11 AM
there is no excuse for it bang for buck is bull only 18% play kdf bull.

its about time they took their finger out and start making things right.

even the devs have said they have more freedom with kdf ships cus cannon isnt as much of a problem and they like having a free hand to make the ships.

come on just make the bloody ships.

its not much to ask for that both factions get ships not just fed ship after fed ship.

im quickly getting fed up with this game and poor excuses why they aint doing somehitng they should be.

stahl is boasting about how much the team has grown and they are still have jobs open. things are going to bigger than season before and keep getting better.

????!!!??? how so for FEDS. one faction does a game not make.
Captain
# 36
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I;m not buying this excuse anymore...

As a friend pointed out last night, the Devs always seem to keep us as involved as possible. A new KDF ship may be in the works to rival the vesta.

I'm sure they will say so.
I am hopeful they do a surprize and release a new Klingon designed ship for the 3rd anniversary along with what I believe will be the Andorian Broadsider. If they don't I say season 8 being about the KDF is just more hot air.

I know you guys don't like my idea of the KDF joining the UFP - while it does happen in the T.V. show in an alternate universe it technically means it is a canon idea - it is a solution to some of the problems of low player count. At bare minimum this war thing needs to be put down, that way at the top end they can mix all the Q's and content and remove silly constraints on wait times and invites to friends and such.

Last edited by levi3; 11-01-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
11-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am hopeful they do a surprize and release a new Klingon designed ship for the 3rd anniversary along with what I believe will be the Andorian Broadsider. If they don't I say season 8 being about the KDF is just more hot air.

I know you guys don't like my idea of the KDF joining the UFP - while it does happen in the T.V. show in an alternate universe it technically means it is a canon idea - it is a solution to some of the problems of low player count. At bare minimum this war thing needs to be put down, that way at the top end they can mix all the Q's and content and remove silly constraints on wait times and invites to friends and such.
there isnt a low player count on kdf u just have to look thousands of players sitting around qonos in every instance. this low play count crap is just that crap.

more than enough players to justify making kdf ships.

cyrptic doesnt even have the right to use that as an excuse since u cant even pick a kdf without playing feds 1st they can restrict the kdf player and use it as an excuse its discusting.

its about time they took there fingers out and do what they shoud have been doing since day one.

i wish so bad that a real games company had got the ip rights we wouldnt be in this situation .

the whole idea of another faction romulans is laughable
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
11-01-2012, 08:58 AM
NEW for the KDF in season 8

Beads, Whisky, and Polio Infected Blankets
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Empire Veteran
# 39
11-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I leave this here without comment. I will revisit this thread upon the launch of Season 8 to add comments.
Dev blog with pics, or it didn't happen. I'm not holding my breath for this. If it comes, then it comes. If it doesn't, I won't be surprised.
Empire Veteran
# 40
11-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
Cryptic and Stahl have been selling us this snakeoil for the last 2 years I fear that what they are getting ready to do is give us Beads, Whiskey, and Polio Blankets (to quote Roach) instead of anything even resembling meaningful content these lockboxes have already armed the feds with all of our coolest console toys whats next ???

... that is of course if we actually look at all of the broken promises made in the past by dastahl

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Quoted for truth...I believe nothing that is said "to be coming soon" anymore, especially when it comes to KDF content.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008