Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Ensign
# 11
10-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Generally, if its too good to be true.....

It's data mining and its submitter beware.
Career Officer
# 12
10-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Signed up for Equifax last night just because hey checking on your credit every once in a while is a good idea, and who doesn't want free Zen?

Wasn't surprised I didn't get a pay out right away, but am now a little surprised since it has been about 34 hours, and still no pay out.

For an offer that required me to go dig out my wallet and use a credit card, I expect better results.

Will be looking at my options as to making sure I get my 1339 Zen for this offer, no way did I put in my credit card info for nothing

On the up side my credit score is just a nickel shy of 800, so that was a pleasant surprise.
Career Officer
I have been trying to build up enough dilithium to exchange it for enough ZEN to buy some things on the store, and then I found these surveys that said they gave free ZEN when completed. I was really happy because I could finally find a way to get some of the awesome ships, uniforms, and bundles that are exclusive on the store.

Not only are the surveys not there half the time, they only actually give you the ZEN every one in a hundred times. I would be ok with this, I am just grateful that they offer a different way to get ZEN, if it wasn't for all of the spam emails that now get sent to my email address. These surveys are the worst, and the rest of the offers usually require a credit card, home adress, and other personal information, or even require you to subscribe to something. And the one additional offer that I did do because it was useful to me, and because it gave enough ZEN for an entire exclusive bundle, didn't work. The free trial to Netflix went through on my only credit card, so now I can never do that offer again. The page that I had hoped would give me my ZEN wouldn't load and the connection to the website was lost, which frequently happens on the other offers.

What the hell, Perfect World!? Again, I'm grateful that you are offering ZEN, but at least give it to us instead of getting this damn survey company to screw us over every single time.
Captain
# 14
10-29-2012, 10:42 PM
1) Expect to not get paid.

2) But check often, and do as many as you can. There's a 50% success rate on the first shot.

3) When you access the Earn Zen page, there's a tab that says "Need help?" near the top right corner of the inset frame. That link brings you to a page where you can flag some of the open surveys and send Peanuts a msg to get it reviewed.

I've managed to recover half my open offers in this way, and in total have gotten about 1500zen so far from all the free offers. I owe Peanut Labs my 4 FSMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lieutenant
# 15
11-01-2012, 06:10 AM
I did the netflix, equafax, and hulu offers. These three you had to add a CC as part of the trial accounts. The three would have been a little over 5k zen. did I get anything? no... The free Zen offers are a scam. Plain and simple. I, for one, have already reported Peanut Labs as a scammer.

don't do the free offers. you dont' get any zen and you only waist your time.
Career Officer
# 16
11-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingraider View Post
I did the netflix, equafax, and hulu offers. These three you had to add a CC as part of the trial accounts. The three would have been a little over 5k zen. did I get anything? no... The free Zen offers are a scam. Plain and simple. I, for one, have already reported Peanut Labs as a scammer.

don't do the free offers. you dont' get any zen and you only waist your time.

I got some zen rewards.. some of the survey sites not only didn't spam much, but had a decent concept that was not annoying.

There was two norwegian ones that paid out the zen minutes after completion.

I basicly went through all of the other surveys, registered and filled out all the surveys thoughtfully... i did not get a reward.. i spent like hours going through them.. and they had the nerve to say that because i answered don't know on many of them i just "fastclicked" through them, so they couldn't pay the zen.. i mean comon.. who wants to talk them seriously when they do **** like that?

Went through a handful of surveys only got reward from just a few.....

Funny thing is that they are just on the edge of actually according to law to be a "scam"...

So i figured out, zen isnt that expensive.. so i just buy it when i need it. all over its easyer and cheaper cause of the time spent...
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm a lifetime for several months. I didn't get any free zen. Who cares? Not Cryptic nor pwe neither.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Lieutenant
# 18
11-12-2012, 08:36 AM
What happened to the video offers? They were among the only things that actually worked
===========

Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
Ensign
# 19
11-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Pretty much correct. It's a scam to steal your information for free or they are actually having technical difficulties; either way, avoid it because now my email is littered with spam and I have few zens to show for it. 1 zen = 1 cents, go to a trash can, sell the can, get 10 zens.