Lieutenant
Hi all, only been playing for a little while and not fully aware of all DOFF abilities. Anyway, I aquired 3 technician doffs thinking they would reduce my Boff cooldowns however have not noticed a difference. I looked on the StoWiki in order to research them fully however it says "Recharge time for all bridge officer abilities to recharge when Auxiliary to Emergency Battery is used.

I am not sure what this means however I do not have Emergency Battery so am thinking the technicians I have at the moment are a waste. Can someone please advise.

http://www.stowiki.org/Ten_of_Ten_(Technician)
Captain
# 2
11-01-2012, 12:13 AM
aux to battery is an ENG skill. Use of this takes aux power and converts to the other 3 power banks temporarily. Use triggers the doffs you bought. Without actually using this skill, the boffs are worthless.
Captain
# 3
11-01-2012, 12:23 AM
These DOFF reduce the cooldown of your abilities whenever you use auxiliary to batery skill.
Captain
# 4
11-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Yup, and boy are they handy. Even if you have 2 eng slots, using your 2nd slot for Aux2Batt, and run it together with EPtS on your spambar means you have almost back to back EPtS while every other skill in your arsenal is at reduced cooldown, including the almost bogstandard HE1 and TSS2.

You'd be running around with next to no aux power for 10s every 30s, so that's when you should hold off healing yourself. Those are the times when you hit, take hits like a truck while moving like a Bugatti.

Will definitely recommend this skill + doff layout, its so useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. How do I get Aux to battery? I assume its a BOFF ability, I have never seen it or just missed it.

I currently run x2 EPtS on my spacebar so I could replace one of those with the Aux to Battery and still get the same shield benefits plus lower cooldowns on other abilities. Sounds like a good option.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3822 View Post
Thanks for the replies. How do I get Aux to battery? I assume its a BOFF ability, I have never seen it or just missed it.

I currently run x2 EPtS on my spacebar so I could replace one of those with the Aux to Battery and still get the same shield benefits plus lower cooldowns on other abilities. Sounds like a good option.
ATB is trained by the BOff trainor.

You would replace one of your EPTS abilities with another EPTx ability, like EPTAuxillary or Engines and run a single/double ATB1 in the LT engineering slot.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Aux2Batt I and II are at the ESD/First City BOff trainer. Have to draw lucky to get III. @wiki

Last edited by kasandaro; 11-01-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: verbs are not my friend
Lieutenant
# 8
11-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks all, I assume the suggest to change one EPTS to either Aux or Eng is to avoid cooldown conflict? I look at the wiki but know its often not up to date so like to check. I will now consider my DOFF usage carefully and experiment.
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3822 View Post
Thanks all, I assume the suggest to change one EPTS to either Aux or Eng is to avoid cooldown conflict? I look at the wiki but know its often not up to date so like to check. I will now consider my DOFF usage carefully and experiment.
With the Technicians (3 purple) and the use of ATB1 twice, you can slot a differing EPTx ability and still get the same uptime as before on both.

I actually have a keybind set-up that fires EPTA1+TT1+TSS2+ApO1+CRF2+HY2+ ApD1+ ATB1 then after GCD it fires EPTS1+TT1+TTS1+ApO1+ATB1, ETC ETC.

With ATB things refresh quickly enough to be almost 100% uptime.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.