Lt. Commander
# 21
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
There aren't even enough posters to say that it has a "culture" anyway. A culture of not posting, maybe!
for some reason... all the good posters have... vanished... without even saying goodbye...

must be some anomaly...
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post
for some reason... all the good posters have... vanished... without even saying goodbye...

must be some anomaly...
Its like they got a MWO or GW2 drop in a lockbox or something......strange.....
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its like they got a MWO or GW2 drop in a lockbox or something......strange.....
more like some strange force banised them from our realm...

it could always ble Q I guess...
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
a) 3 Years of insults from the developers regarding pvp, first of there is the introduction of new said item, it results in being "TESTED Internaly", might or might not be tested on tribble and focus feed back ignored.
b) launched on Holodeck the new "Tested item" is obviously buggy to anyone that check its property's out.
c) confirming that it wasn't tested enough or not at all in pvp enviorment

d) flames on forum people get banned and make new accounts.

e) new item comes out return to a)
Noone.
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
((moving the convo here from the "Vesta Stats" threads was a good idea))

I'm interested to hear your thoughts after reading everything I posted. Let me repost the full conversation ----v

There's absolutely some room

As a mostly KDF player, the stats aren't terrible. The issue I have is the complete lack of science ships on our end. More so, the Korath (sp) would be a viable variant however it can't load DHCs and doesn't have a cloak. However it is a KDF ship. That seems a bit silly to me. I was extremely disappointed when a friend sold me one and notices that. That said, the cloak really isn't important, and even the cannons aren't, but for pugging purposes it could be a fun setup to play around with.

The stats aside, the additional issue I see is the addition of even more pets in PVP. Da-noobs come to mind. They are, simply put, one of the most annoying pets in the game. Siphons are too, but most of the good PVPers don't run them on serious builds. The Da-noobs on the other hand, the argument stems that PH and APO make you immune. However, the number of pets and the number of tractors from even 1 user can be overbearing to ships that can't load APO or would have to give up a valuable team heal for PH.

It would be nice for the KDF to get some science with similar stats to the feds. The Varanus is a good ship, but it's not really on par with the options feds have.

That leaves the lockbox ships.

Orb - great
korath - also great

but those ships aren't easily available unless you have the resources to purchase them on the exchange or care to chance a drop from the box. That wouldn't be a huge issue if the drop rate was viable but when players are opening 80-100-120-200+ boxes and not getting a drop, well that's a low ball scam, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

As for your Boot Camp post, it's something I read this morning and have been thinking about. I really, really want to help out and support it. I think it could be really fun and I have some great ideas that I'd like to share to add to it, too.

The major concern I have is opening up those players to the "PvP" that goes on in this forum lol. It's like a warzone in here; there is so much rule-breaking going on and players are constantly are being trolled and harassed -- it's really unfortunate that a few individuals are ruining it for the rest of those who like to use this forum and provide constructive (positive or negative), civil feedback. I've been working on a thread that I've been wanting to post in here that comes from the heart as a fellow player, as well as the Community Manager. I'm hoping to have it posted soon. Basically, the trolling and harassing has to stop -- it's not good for the community, and it really doesn't help the cause.

Personally, I really enjoy PvPing -- I have played with a few of the best teams out there and always have a great time. They also share feedback and I pass it along often. I also read the threads and posts in this forum and know the feelings of the community towards the current state of PvP. We (the players, the STO team, Cryptic and Perfect World) want it to be a great experience. We've got some ways to go, but if we all work together, I think we can get to a point where PvP is something we'll see more players wanting to participate in. We won't get there overnight, but I hope that the increased Dev involvement in this sub-forum is a sign and a starting point.

I'm primarily talking about how some individuals are treating other individuals in this forum. As you can see from the threads that are still available to post in, there are many, many threads that include "negativity" or "hostility" towards changes, additions, design decisions etc. -- after all, this is a feedback forum where all types of feedback are welcome. It's the objectionable and vulgar material/ content, the harassing comments, the name calling, and the flaming and trolling that's the problem. The moment the feedback crosses into those lines, it's not okay.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

As far as the boot camp idea, it would be veteran PVPers. I don't see how that would be a bad idea as most of us are actually pretty nice people and have a wealth of knowledge as far as the game mechanics go. More importantly, the more players involved the more knowledge that gets passed around and that should improve the overall game play for everyone... ideally anyway.

It's never fun going into a pug match and run into a group that is just there for dil or simply unaware of the game mechanics. They get stomped by premades, and for the most part that will always be the case when pugging. But 2 good players shouldn't be able to easily destroy a team of 5, and the only way to resolve that is to get those players informed on the game mechanics. It can't be fixed with new ships, higher cap shields, more hull, more powerful weapons, more resists, more heals, or more p2w consoles. The end result is still the same. The more knowledgeable players will still win the day.

That's my $.02
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post

must be some anomaly...
It is sad but what can you realistically expect?

STO has a strong IP and is one of the few MMO's in the "space ship warfare" genre but how long can those things support a game that has an unfinished fraction and severe PVP/PVE balance issues?

Three years is far longer than I would have ever thought possible and I'm glad it's still here despite those faults.

On Topic: The people on this forum that are most infuriating are the ones that skirt the rules with condescending-passive-aggressive-behavior. I doubt they'll change no matter what anyone says.
Captain
# 27
11-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
It is sad but what can you realistically expect?

STO has a strong IP and is one of the few MMO's in the "space ship warfare" genre but how long can those things support a game that has an unfinished fraction and severe PVP/PVE balance issues?

Three years is far longer than I would have ever thought possible and I'm glad it's still here despite those faults.

On Topic: The people on this forum that are most infuriating are the ones that skirt the rules with condescending-passive-aggressive-behavior. I doubt they'll change no matter what anyone says.
I think he meant those who got perma forum ban...but I might be wrong...
Captain
# 28
11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
a) 3 Years of insults from the developers regarding pvp, first of there is the introduction of new said item, it results in being "TESTED Internaly", might or might not be tested on tribble and focus feed back ignored.
b) launched on Holodeck the new "Tested item" is obviously buggy to anyone that check its property's out.
c) confirming that it wasn't tested enough or not at all in pvp enviorment

d) flames on forum people get banned and make new accounts.

e) new item comes out return to a)
Should used basic code But I digress. Bran threads like this come out every few months when the real bile and vitriol has come to a nice boiling point. I will be the first to say I haven't played in 2 months and from what I have seen i won't play for a while more. We all have been promised a PvP update but it never materializes. Things keep getting introduced that are OP'd and severely unbalances PvP. So really crypitic can only be blamed for the vitriol and bitterness. The community as whole has been patient even when we have been lied to on numerous occasions. I do have an idea make miltiple PvP queues, one could be no holds barred, all P2W stuff is allowed, another that has maybe a limit to 1 p2w power, then one that is stripped down straight PvP that allows no p2w consoles or powers that would included ships that got innate p2w things like the danube wings etc. This will allow for different strokes for different folks. But I have feeling this will be given token consideration because, well that is the way it is.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think he meant those who got perma forum ban...but I might be wrong...
careful...you never know who listen...
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I don't see what it is you're talking about really, the PvP board is both a) very slow (on a good day) and b) very tame by forum standards, if something rankles your cankles on here then I dread to think how you'd fare on most of the non-STO net.
[...]
It is pointless to argue with me about the premise of this thread, as the premise does not come from me. It comes from the guy in whose shop we are sitting and discussing, metaphorically speaking, and he wants us to either follow the rules for such discussions in his shop or leave his shop.

Isn't that a fair condition for allowing us to sit in his shop and discuss the carpeting?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584

Last edited by sophlogimo; 11-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.