Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 427
# 11
11-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
They don't like space flight, and the Imperial Empire is at war (galactic) with the Federation. See the problem?
They dont like it, but they never mentioned that they couldn't do so awake, it was just uncomfortable for them. Also they tried to blow up the conference that was going to decide their possible entrance into the Federation, I'd say they're not exactly on good terms.
Joined August 2008
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 464
# 12
11-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
The first couple of responses do have valid points though. What is the point in adding new races when they can't take the time to give us more KDF content? In my opinion, the sole reason the KDF faction numbers are so low is because Crytpic continiously takes away instead of adding to the faction. Before launch, there were a lot of players interested in the KDF side of things and I have 2 toons leveled on the old system. The old system encouraged PvP as an alternative to repeating the same missions that side. Cryptic was supposed to fill in the gaps over time but instead, they strip the faction of everything that makes it unique. There were some great stories in the KDF missions that could definitely be expaneded upon.
JC I honestly don't care if they have a point or not; Cryptic wants to add content to the KDF, and rumour has it that a large sum of that content will come in season 8.

More ships? That's a bit obvious, they will certainly add more ships...

A race change option, forum members have been asking for that for a long time and Cryptic have repeatedly responded by saying it's not a priority right now and it'll require new tech, but it will eventually happen.

My mind operates on the assumption that most of what we ask for will eventually happen, unless Cryptic blatantly say no (for example 3D space movement).

Now my point is that this thread has a topic, which is to gather player feedback on which new KDF options are wanted most and the first couple of posts replying had absolutely no constructive purpose, neither were they on topic.

I've always been optimistic when posting on this forum, that'll never change. I'm not asking for a new KDF playable race now while stomping my feet. I'm simply giving forum members an opportunity to voice their opinions. Yes the KDF do need more content and it's been a long time coming, but new playable races are a part of the content that will flesh out the KDF faction and only two new playable races have been added to the KDF since launch as far as I can recall.


@dalnar83

As for the answer "none", because it will require resources that you believe are better spent else where, you're not the only player playing, so thank you for your opinion, please allow others to voice theirs. Also note that I expect all of the various types of content to be added for the KDF, not simply that which I desire the most.

Last edited by kalecto; 11-01-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,548
# 13
11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Kriosians! so what if they look similar to Trill? they have interesting abilities. They are in canon a spacefaring race that live as subjects of the klingon empire.

@ Dalnar: I like having 9 characters of different species! I'll probably add more later.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,689
# 14
11-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
JC I honestly don't care if they have a point or not; Cryptic wants to add content to the KDF, and rumour has it that a large sum of that content will come in season 8.

More ships? That's a bit obvious, they will certainly add more ships...

A race change option, forum members have been asking for that for a long time and Cryptic have repeatedly responded by saying it's not a priority right now and it'll require new tech, but it will eventually happen.

My mind operates on the assumption that most of what we ask for will eventually happen, unless Cryptic blatantly say no (for example 3D space movement).

Now my point is that this thread has a topic, which is to gather player feedback on which new KDF options are wanted most and the first couple of posts replying had absolutely no constructive purpose, neither were they on topic.

I've always been optimistic when posting on this forum, that'll never change. I'm not asking for a new KDF playable race now while stomping my feet. I'm simply giving forum members an opportunity to voice their opinions. Yes the KDF do need more content and it's been a long time coming, but new playable races are a part of the content that will flesh out the KDF faction and only two new playable races have been added to the KDF since launch as far as I can recall.


@dalnar83

As for the answer "none", because it will require resources that you believe are better spent else where, you're not the only player playing, so thank you for your opinion, please allow others to voice theirs. Also note that I expect all of the various types of content to be added for the KDF, not simply that which I desire the most.
As much as I would like to give some suggestions I am not mentally capable of answering it.
Every time a race appears in my mind suddenly questions show up. "Will I have to play/buy everything game all over again or could I get a race respect?"
Will the kdf get new ships for this race?
Will there be content?
And my mind actually erases that race from my
Memory banks after a sharp pain.
I am not trying to be a jerk. It just isn't possible to answer.

It is like saying "if you had superpowers what would you do?" I need context.

I would have bought the feresans if there was content to level with as well as its own ships.
But alas.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 259
# 15
11-01-2012, 07:31 AM
I'll chip in with Revo and go the route of Xindi Reptilian and Insectoid. Both sound like plausible races to have KDF side. The selling point for me, however, would be the presence of a back history to explain why these fellas were KDF side.

Though as an alternative to the Xindi, I'd fully support a return of the Retro Gorn KDF side. I can think of a ton of ways this could be incorporated into the KDF content release in S8 as well, such as explaining the visual differenes and so on. I know they're not a "new" species per say, but the presence of both Gorn types in-game together opens up the playing field for a lot of content KDF side if done right.

Last edited by captan2er0; 11-01-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,046
# 16
11-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Kriosians! so what if they look similar to Trill? they have interesting abilities. They are in canon a spacefaring race that live as subjects of the klingon empire.
ERRMMM..no those are different Kriosians.

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/kriosians

"This race should not be confused with another group of Kriosians, who were fighting for independence as a Klingon colony in 2367."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 17
11-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
JC I honestly don't care if they have a point or not; Cryptic wants to add content to the KDF, and rumour has it that a large sum of that content will come in season 8.

More ships? That's a bit obvious, they will certainly add more ships...

A race change option, forum members have been asking for that for a long time and Cryptic have repeatedly responded by saying it's not a priority right now and it'll require new tech, but it will eventually happen.

My mind operates on the assumption that most of what we ask for will eventually happen, unless Cryptic blatantly say no (for example 3D space movement).

Now my point is that this thread has a topic, which is to gather player feedback on which new KDF options are wanted most and the first couple of posts replying had absolutely no constructive purpose, neither were they on topic.

I've always been optimistic when posting on this forum, that'll never change. I'm not asking for a new KDF playable race now while stomping my feet. I'm simply giving forum members an opportunity to voice their opinions. Yes the KDF do need more content and it's been a long time coming, but new playable races are a part of the content that will flesh out the KDF faction and only two new playable races have been added to the KDF since launch as far as I can recall.


@dalnar83

As for the answer "none", because it will require resources that you believe are better spent else where, you're not the only player playing, so thank you for your opinion, please allow others to voice theirs. Also note that I expect all of the various types of content to be added for the KDF, not simply that which I desire the most.
I don't consider a new playable race content and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the same. I'm not trying to stomp on your topic either. It's hard to stay optimistic when when they don't deliver on their promises. New ships give me something new for my max level toons to do. New races though... I've played through the KDF content on 4 toons! The last one, was purely leveled by DOff's due to being bored with the great content on the KDF side. What is there, is great and some of the best content in-game. Stary arc missions are the key to getting players to play the KDF side and more races. I am all for more races and the return of the original Gorn look, and so on. But I have no reason to purchase a new race without something to do with it. Fed side, you can split it up more as there is an abundance of content to pick and choose to play. KDF side, you have what there is and it's still not enough.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,046
# 18
11-01-2012, 07:37 AM
More on topic:
I'd like to see the Chalnoth

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Chalnoth

they'd make good mercenaries like the Nausicaans are.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,548
# 19
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
ERRMMM..no those are different Kriosians.

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/kriosians

"This race should not be confused with another group of Kriosians, who were fighting for independence as a Klingon colony in 2367."
That page makes no sense.... 2367 was TNG era! Actually... the Ep with Kamala made references to Krios being in KDF territory. My copy of the Star Trek Encyclopedia (written by the Okudas, who do the background info for the series) agrees that "The Mind's Eye" and "The Perfect Mate" were talking aboout the same race.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 20
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
More on topic:
I'd like to see the Chalnoth

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Chalnoth

they'd make good mercenaries like the Nausicaans are.
The Chalnoth of Chalna would be a good choice, except they are anarchists and probably wouldn't be able to hand the relatively lax rules on an Orion ship let alone a Klingon one!

The Axanar could be a possibility, perhaps even the Suliban, though it would be more likely if they continued to exist into the 24th Century that they would be part of the Federation.

There just aren't that many documented aggressive species in the Beta Quadrant to chose from.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 AM.