Captain
# 11
11-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I don't think they would, for reasons I explained in the other thread.

If they did? It would depend on the cost. The dilithium exchange would necessarily sink to the same place if it were lower, though if it were higher, nobody would buy it. It would basically cap the exchange at a certain amount.
The exchane is already capped. As I understand it, it cannot go any lower than 50RD per Zen and no higher than 500RD per Zen.

I figure if a price and quantity would make sense it would be 500 Zen for 25000 UNrefined Ore.

It gets a lot of Dilithium, but would take 4 days to be able to refine it all.

We know that the Dilithium requirements are increasing and the in-game output of ore is decreasing. Hypothetically speaking, they may be considering something like this as a means of making significant quantities of ore available if someone is willing to part with some cash to get it.

As long as it does not circumvent the daily refinement cap, I don't see it affecting the RD/Zen market too much, as this would allow those who hate the grind to obtain plenty of ore, but not flood the market with it, as they couldn't put any more on the exchange at any one time than they would if they did the grindfest. In theory...
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Career Officer
# 12
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh oh oh... I this a game... I can do this...

What if...

Someone came to their senses, and started making quality content, rather than grind...?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-01-2012, 08:57 AM
What if KDF had just as much mission content/costume options/ship choices as the Federation in game?
And what if the things that make each faction unique were left within that faction rather than dropping from lockboxes for the other side?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Captain
# 14
11-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Oh oh oh... I this a game... I can do this...

What if...

Someone came to their senses, and started making quality content, rather than grind...?
That would indeed be awesome, wouldn't it? I think we have to accept that it won't happen, though. More's the pitty.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Captain
# 15
11-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
What if KDF had just as much mission content/costume options/ship choices as the Federation in game?
And what if the things that make each faction unique were left within that faction rather than dropping from lockboxes for the other side?
I would subscribe to THAT game...
Captain
# 16
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Incidentally, I think that subscribers should also get a 120,000 Dilithium Ore stipend each month. That's 30 days worth of half the daily refinement cap. The crate of Dilithium Ore on the C-store would be a way for non-subscribers to shave off a bit of the grind.

But in either case, it has to be ore and the refinement cap needs to remain intact, otherwise it WOULD ruin the market
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
What if they were to decide to put crates of Dilithium Ore on the C-store?
Quote:
It would only be the UNrefined Dilithium ore. The daily refinement cap would remain in effect.
This would fit PWE's "grind it OR buy it" approach.
The costs per unit would be hard to nail down thou.
And how much is in a unit in the first place? Are there diffent amounts to chose from?
Say a:
1k Dil Ore Box
2k Dil Ore box
4k Dil Ore Box
8k Dil Ore "I don't wanna grind today" Box

How about the pricing on them?

The Exchange median price is 275/z, which is, I think (my opinion/speculation), the base amount that is also considered when pricing a number of in game items, along with the 8k Refinement limit.
Just for giggles, let us apply the Exchange median price of 275/zen rounded up thou:

1k Box = 4z
2k box = 8z
4k box = 15z
8k box = 30z

Is that enough Zen per box? Is that price too low or just right?
Technically, is pricing is way better than what the exchange is right now. (158/z)
If the boxes where priced based on the current exchange: (rounded up)
1k = 7z
2k = 13
4k = 26z
8k = 51z
So one might think that those people who already buy zen to get Dil would take their money to the C-Store crates instead of the exchange.

But here is the thing: I buy an 8k box from the store for the (275/z) 30z. I then take it to the exchange where is sell it at 158/z exchange price, and make 50 z... a 20z profit.
With someone with a lot of alts, say 20, they could make a chunk of Zen everyday in very little time. 400zen in the example given.

So pricing is very crucial.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 18
11-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
Some people would laugh and wonder what's the point, others would flip out, some would rage....
This accurately describes the forums response every single change introduced to the game since launch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 19
11-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
What if they were to decide to put crates of Dilithium Ore on the C-store?
It is... indirectly. Buy Zen, buy Dilithium w/ Zen. Putting Dilithium on the Zstore would just set what the price of Dilithium to whatever it is on the Zstore.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
# 20
11-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
what if the things that make each faction unique were left within that faction rather than dropping from lockboxes for the other side?
I would have never considered buying a single KDF ship instead of trying to decide which ship(s) to buy like I am now.

Also, to respond to the original post and the people wondering about price:

I don't think they'd do this, but if they did:

Either 50 dil/zen, 250 dil/zen, or 500 dil/zen.

I'm leaning towards it being 50 dil/zen because that's getting them the most zen for the least dilithium. From an economic standpoint the less dilithium the zen is selling for the better for them because the people converting zen to dilithium have to spend more real money to obtain their dilithium.

Last edited by canis36; 11-01-2012 at 09:41 AM.