Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akor45 View Post
you are just another one of the people in zone chat, who are not willing to even read anything or trying something out on their own without quest helper. All the info can be found about items, skills ect in game through looking in your inventory or skills screen, and READING what it does. geez some people are so dense.
Hate to say it, but I agree with this. OP needs to realize that some games don't hold your hand through every step of the way and leave a little to be figure out on your own, or through the community, which is why we have forums sections like this to begin with.

Complaining that no one has taken 2 minutes to write out how things work is wrong. Most of the info is there, some is confusing, some isn't. But the players have spent hours working on guides, FAQs, tips for beginners, etc.. on these forums. This is the way mmo's work.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesort View Post
I blew up the ones that were there and got the dilythium but now I don't know what's going on because my screen started rotating crazy while I was trying to beam the dilithium to the USS Valor.
Oops, forgot to address this in addition to what I said before. If you're using an optical mouse, that could explain it. They can bug out under certain conditions (said conditions being more likely while playing games than most other computer apps). Try reducing your mouse's sensitivity or acceleration a little bit.
Ensign
I did not have the problem the OP has, but it is a problem of -Hide and Seek- mission.

Paulson Nebula - - - Mission - Scanning 5 Anomalies, and 4 of them I can scan in the nebula but the Depleted Satellite is simply pissing me off.

How the hell can one catch that frikin satellite which is moving very fast and simply jumping from side to side, whenever I come close to about 5km it jumps away in a complete opposite direction.

HELP PLEASE it is pissing me off.
Ensign
# 14
11-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scutumprimus View Post
I did not have the problem the OP has, but it is a problem of -Hide and Seek- mission.

Paulson Nebula - - - Mission - Scanning 5 Anomalies, and 4 of them I can scan in the nebula but the Depleted Satellite is simply pissing me off.

How the hell can one catch that frikin satellite which is moving very fast and simply jumping from side to side, whenever I come close to about 5km it jumps away in a complete opposite direction.

Ahh... that one constantly irked me. Try using only the visual of the satellite and not the "distance targeting outline" graphic. Get really close and the option to scan should pop up onscreen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scutumprimus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans2941 View Post
Ahh... that one constantly irked me. Try using only the visual of the satellite and not the "distance targeting outline" graphic. Get really close and the option to scan should pop up onscreen.
nm...lol..I figured out what you meant!!!

Last edited by jeremiahhayes; 02-04-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Ensign
# 16
02-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans2941 View Post
OMG! That's been driving me crazy! Thanks for posting this advice! I skipped that mission twice (after having done it to that point twice... two different characters) because I thought it was broken. AND IT IS BROKEN! They need to fix the "distance targeting outline" graphic. Especially for a quest for noobs.
Career Officer
# 17
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Just did Hide and Seek a day or two ago with no issues, although I was higher level (7 I think) than the OP (the NPCs scale to level anyway, don't they?)

There are 3 BoPs guarding one of the crystals. You should not be trying to grab the crystal until you deal with them. Focus on one BoP; keep moving (increases your defense). When you damage the BoP sufficiently, it may cloak; if it does, start working on another BoP but watch for the cloaked ship to reappear and finish it off as soon as it does. Once you've taken out one enemy, you will be taking considerably less damage.

If you do get in trouble, as a last resort you can use Evasive Manuevers to run away and reset the fight.

Make sure you have your power levels set to Weapons: 100, Shields: 50, Engine/Aux: 25.
Ensign
# 18
05-26-2013, 05:54 AM
Found the solution. DO NOT Chase the Disabled Satellite Graphic Icon, Look for the GIANT Satellite floating in the nebula next to the First Suspicious object. Its the HUGE!

Click Link for Image of what to look for. Get close to it and scan it

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/979...testartrek.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by wolfzombie1031; 05-26-2013 at 06:00 AM.