Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,462
How do you make your char run so fast as mine only walks and most pass me by?
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,931
# 2
11-01-2012, 11:41 AM
shift key while jogging
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 3
11-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Holding down shift key makes you run. Also, Tactical officers have a special kit that can make you run faster.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 778
# 4
11-01-2012, 01:06 PM
You don't have to hold the shift key, just tap it once to start.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
# 5
04-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Also note that sometimes when you press shift to start running, you actually sprint.

But I dont know if this is specific to a career, or if its a kit passive ability or whatever... It seems to happen on my kdf sci captain... Not on my engineer as far as I can tell.

But anyway, to start running; press (and release) the shift key. Have you played FarCry3? Its the same thing there...

Last edited by m4tth3wk4n3; 04-15-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: typo
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 6
04-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Yup. For me, its Shift + Motion Accelerator + Frost boots = SPEEEEEEED.

Until I make a crater in a wall on ESD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,140
# 7
04-15-2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tth3wk4n3 View Post
Also note that sometimes when you press shift to start running, you actually sprint.
If you're in red alert/combat, the shift key will let you sprint in short bursts before going back to a run out of combat.

Also, frosted boots with 5 copies of motion accelerator is fast enough to travel back in time if you run around a phasic instability...
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 8
04-15-2013, 04:52 AM
How the heck did you get 5 copies of that? I've never seen my boffs fire it all off at once.

But I'm definitely going to try being Flash. I even wear red! :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,140
# 9
04-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
How the heck did you get 5 copies of that? I've never seen my boffs fire it all off at once.
In Cure Ground Elite our team stands close and uses MA at the same time then we head out at warp factor 9 to give Armek a big hug.

Sometimes I like to have this ready to play before we go for take off.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 10
04-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
In Cure Ground Elite our team stands close and uses MA at the same time then we head out at warp factor 9 to give Armek a big hug.

Sometimes I like to have this ready to play before we go for take off.
Now that's what I call a speed run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 AM.