Captain
# 501
10-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
maybe they will increase the cap from 9k a day to 32k a day that way we can cope witht he rising costs
So you will have to play the whole week to get dilithium for one day .If you get 480D per Elite stf ...well do the math to see how much you have to play to max 32k.

Also why not use denomination which will allow to keep 8K per day .In this case the prices will have to go down and the rewards in dilithium should go up.....exactly like now.
Captain
# 502
10-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
One of the reasons SWTOR bombed is that the developers always listened to fanbois, instead of their critics.
Your statement is absolutely untrue.

"Star Wars: The Old Republic" is failing because BioWare had formed an ego. After they were bought out by EA Games, the developers over at BioWare put money over quality. "Dragon Age II", "Mass Effect II", "Mass Effect III", and "Star Wars: The Old Republic" are all suffering from BioWare's horrible attitude towards fans.

As of this past September, the founders of BioWare are leaving the company.
Link: BioWare Co-Founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk Retire

Now enters "Star Trek: Online". Instead of learning from BioWare's failure, the folks over here at "Star Trek: Online" are following the same pattern. 'Ego and money over quality and loyalty' seems to be the new mantra.

Last edited by linyive; 10-31-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Captain
# 503
11-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
-----------------------------

When Fasa broke cannon Gene R pulled there lisence
And shut them down concerning star trek products

At that time they were the largest gaming company
And star trek was there biggest product

They had 5 manuals within 3 months of publishing when
The TNG Officers manual came out with it's UnCannon
Material
Gene R lost a lot of money preserving ST cannon

To make him out as a profiteer is false
He made a good product and was well paid
That was about CONTROL over the canon. Big difference.

I also believe FASA may have been planning to sue Paramount for using some of "their" ideas or something along those lines.
Survivor of Remus
# 504
11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I think cryptic is just trying to make us all stop playing so they can close down the game I think by this time next year it will probably cost us 100 dilithium per minute to play the game even
Captain
# 505
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
My response to this?

KILL IT WITH FIRE.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 506
11-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Yea the doff coversion cost is way to high i guess not as many people buying zen to buy dilithium as they thought would so this way they are trying to make us do it, well i am cheap i will never buy dilithium with zen lol.
Lieutenant
# 507
11-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finious2 View Post
I think cryptic is just trying to make us all stop playing so they can close down the game I think by this time next year it will probably cost us 100 dilithium per minute to play the game even
Laugh my arse off everytime i see this, or perhaps i should stop watching Faulty Towers for a bit.

You never know, PWE might not want to support this game, it's not in their usual crap they pump out with people carrying swords 4 times as big as them or having fairy wings that fart.

Remember, once something goes on tribble, it hardly gets changed! Dev response please!
I'm the guy that uses unconventional builds, and don't fall to the normal. I also don't believe in "No-BS" crap, it's in the game, it's ready to be used. Think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.
Lieutenant
# 508
11-03-2012, 12:50 AM
It's all been said, so I'm just going to agree: The new costs are horrible, and especially painful for new players/characters.
Captain
# 509
11-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
That was about CONTROL over the canon. Big difference.

I also believe FASA may have been planning to sue Paramount for using some of "their" ideas or something along those lines.
----------------------
Correct they released the officers manual without Gene even
Getting to see it first.
Also they changed the galaxy class from 400,000 tons to 5 million tons

Changed warp speed from light speed cubed X 3 to x 5aking warp travel
Almost instant anywhere I'n the alfa quadrant .

Very poor artwork on the new classes and about 5 or 6 more things
All of which were totally unacceptable

So yes it was about control of his creation
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 510
11-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Heard that the DOFFs for Starbases were reduced to use more common ones, so not sure what the revied T4 and T5 might be. But I worry given that the upgrade costs for DOFFs is now 5000 Dilithium.

So if you get a DOFF you do not want, you are effectively stuck with it. Which means the Exchange is going to be flooded with unwanted DOFFs and the price is going to drop.

I think Borticus and the team needs to come up with a better DOFF exchange system that isn't as random. Because for that cost, few people will be doing it, given the Dilithium nerfs.