Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
SNB will prevent you from shield and hull healing anyways. Is there a immunity between SNB? I don't use it, so I don't know. But, if not, consecutive SNBs will prevent you from healing anyways.

If it were to proc every 15 seconds assuming your team has 8 of them SNB Doffs and everyone is running turrets.
Of course regular snb does. But at least you can analyze the opposing team at the start of the match and you know how many regular snb will be coming your way. With the doffs you will never see it coming until it's too late. You can't compare regular snb to these doffs in any way except the literal power stripping debuff. That is the only similarity and the rest of the dynamics that go with it are what's game breaking. A person can't enter a space pvp zone with a viable counter too all these short of flying a zombie cruiser with shield power on high and a pair of rsp. Should every pilot who plays this game be pigeonholed into flying like that just to survive snb procs?

Frankly I don't blame you for using them yourself. But I can't see how anyone can reasonably justify the use of these as if they were clean and fair to use. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. With all the cheese floating around in this game I fear I may have to grab a set for myself. But who knows when I am finally able to log in I have a feeling the price just tripled on these That's all space pvp in this game appears to be he who has the most cheese wins. I can count on one hand how many good close honest hard fought cheese free pvp matches I have been in in the past 6 months. Literally one hand out of hundreds I have been in.
Career Officer
# 22
11-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
It's a game. People use polaron weapons, and I don't rage quit because I'm up against them.
thats much different then a stupid doff that says hey tact come here, put me on your roster and have the dps but a proc of a sci. i really hope your computer blows up when you go into pvp. people like you should be baned from ques. if you want sub nuke roll a sci. but no reason you should take buffs on some 1 when u are a tact or engy. but go roll in ques. people are going to see the proc and warp and then no fun for you. look what happened to klink pvp. they are so slow on ques and they complain but they did it to them selves.

but yeah, from the bottem of my heart i hope your computer blows up.
Captain
# 23
11-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Think this game is forcing me to only use my B'rel and trico mines so I can stay cloaked and not have to worry about these things, only safe time to expose yourself by shooting torps will be when target is AMS/ SS. Don't complain when you see teams of all B'rels doing trico and sci spam from cloak if you use these doff. With nerf to BFI doff, even more reason to just use a B'rel and stay cloaked.

If not in my B'rel I will have to resort to power siphon build so even if I lose all my buffs, the person won't have power to kill me.
Commander
# 24
11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
In any case, a few of my fleet members (including myself) use them and will continue to.
I am curious,

what is the name of your fleet?

@ilhansk - Inner Circle / Turkish RP Heroes -
Career Officer
# 25
11-01-2012, 11:31 AM
If you use SNB doffs, I don't want to hear one peep from you about getting Danubed, AMSed, Gpulsed, etc.

If you use SNB doffs it's open season with whatever cheese the game has on you. It's that simple.

Seeing as how the overwhelming majority of SNB doffs seem to be Fed origin, that means we're going to be seeing a lot of cheeseballs coming from the Fed side. So if they bring that ****, hit them hard with whatever crap you got.

If they want to burn down PvP just to feel powerful for a short while, then let's all burn it down together.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 11-01-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Career Officer
# 26
11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
If you use SNB doffs, I don't want to hear one peep from you about getting Danubed, AMSed, Gpulsed, etc.

If you use SNB doffs it's open season with whatever cheese the game has on you. It's that simple.

Seeing as how the overwhelming majority of SNB doffs seem to be Fed origin, that means we're going to be seeing a lot of cheeseballs coming from the Fed-side. So if they bring that ****, hit them hard with whatever crap you got.

If they want to burn down PvP just to feel powerful for a short while, then let's all burn it down together.
i can fully agree to this 100%. and since fed ques will now be a ghost like klink side lets all just burn this mutha down. ill now be specing ams, gp, and theta. ill buy all the keys i need for 3 sub nuke doffs. for my tact engy and sci. this will be the last of my money this game gets. im very ticked off by members that try to compair polarons to sub doffs.........wtf???????? and the fact that the devs dont even care about this game. remember when star wars was comming out? yeah awesome vid by devs that talked about how cool that game was. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!!!

thats like having FORD dealer ship and parking a honda infront. and on fourms i have to watch what i say about devs or get baned? frak you. yeah i said that to the damn devs. why cant our frusting be heard on fourms? why do you feel the need to censor what we say? wtf we pay you. you work for us. stalh promised us so much and all we ask is just for pvp. its not even alot to ask for.
with all your crap boxes you took in so much money you cant even fix pvp? no you get some brain dead dev that makes a doff thats not even needed in pve. it has no use. whats it going to even do for pve'ers? what ever im done. my rant is over. but know you will never get any more of my money. freak off.
Commander
# 27
11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
I am curious,

what is the name of your fleet?

@ilhansk - Inner Circle / Turkish RP Heroes -
Good question Hank.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Lieutenant
# 28
11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Good question Hank.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
I am 90 percent sure this guy is from 12th fleet the pve hero pvp fleet.
Captain
# 29
11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecaptain View Post
Of course regular snb does. But at least you can analyze the opposing team at the start of the match and you know how many regular snb will be coming your way. With the doffs you will never see it coming until it's too late. You can't compare regular snb to these doffs in any way except the literal power stripping debuff. That is the only similarity and the rest of the dynamics that go with it are what's game breaking. A person can't enter a space pvp zone with a viable counter too all these short of flying a zombie cruiser with shield power on high and a pair of rsp. Should every pilot who plays this game be pigeonholed into flying like that just to survive snb procs?

Frankly I don't blame you for using them yourself. But I can't see how anyone can reasonably justify the use of these as if they were clean and fair to use. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. With all the cheese floating around in this game I fear I may have to grab a set for myself. But who knows when I am finally able to log in I have a feeling the price just tripled on these That's all space pvp in this game appears to be he who has the most cheese wins. I can count on one hand how many good close honest hard fought cheese free pvp matches I have been in in the past 6 months. Literally one hand out of hundreds I have been in.
Yes, there is a lot of cheese in this game. Far worse than the SNB doff as it stands now, in my opinion. The only counter to the SNB sci ability is Sci Team. If you have an entire team of Sci officers, your 5 second immunity with Sci Team is not going to help you.

But, as I said before, to get this to proc every 15 seconds requires a specific circumstance that you will only achieve if your pre-made intentionally does this. That is to say, in paxottoman's testing, you needed 8 of the SNB doffs on 3 captains, all running turrets. What's the proc rate with a normal loadout? I must have missed that test? Show me how bad it is with a normal loadout now, and I will reconsider my position.

If we're going to talk about specific circumstances, what about a team running all polaron turrets with maxed flow capacitors and consoles running Scatter Volley 3? Even if you had max power insulators, it's not going to save you from the stackable secondary proc of instant drains.
Lieutenant
# 30
11-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Yes, there is a lot of cheese in this game. Far worse than the SNB doff as it stands now, in my opinion. The only counter to the SNB sci ability is Sci Team. If you have an entire team of Sci officers, your 5 second immunity with Sci Team is not going to help you.

But, as I said before, to get this to proc every 15 seconds requires a specific circumstance that you will only achieve if your pre-made intentionally does this. That is to say, in paxottoman's testing, you needed 8 of the SNB doffs on 3 captains, all running turrets. What's the proc rate with a normal loadout? I must have missed that test? Show me how bad it is with a normal loadout now, and I will reconsider my position.

If we're going to talk about specific circumstances, what about a team running all polaron turrets with maxed flow capacitors and consoles running Scatter Volley 3? Even if you had max power insulators, it's not going to save you from the stackable secondary proc of instant drains.
Not a comparable scenario only ships that would ever run fwc consoles are sci ships with specifically drain builds the whole team wouldn't be running them. All polaron's most likely all turrets not likely. And his test only representing 8 total snb doff was simply a bare minimum test it seems. I can't imagine any ship running these would only just one of them. It seems logical if you are going to run them then run all 3 of them to make sure are getting the procs.

And I am pretty sure those snb doff teams will be capped out with 15 snb doffs active. As far as worse cheese in this game right now. Hmm while there is some pretty nasty crap I can't see what is more op then snb doffs. I think most of the pvp community agrees with that.

Last edited by futurecaptain; 11-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.