Ensign
# 371
11-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm sure they did'nt want to take it offline unless they absolutely had to. Just bugs me when they have to take it down again for their 'regular' maintenance run later.
Career Officer
# 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
How about we all go onto tribble and test ITH?
Is Tribble up? I thought I read that it might be unavailable too, during the maintenance...
Career Officer
# 373
so let me get this straight.

this 4 hr maintenance went from 4hrs to 6hrs...

then 6hrs to 8hrs.

All Im gonna ask is....what kinda of technical difficulty does that.

you know if stuff didn't get broken with every patch...sto would be a decent game...if we had storyline content...but oh wait we have to wait next season for that.
Ensign
# 374
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husnock1 View Post
Is Tribble up? I thought I read that it might be unavailable too, during the maintenance...
Yes tribble is up now
Community Moderator
# 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrewross View Post
yeah, the 4 hour patch just turned into an 8 hour patch... this is really lousy service.
You're right, let's have the servers up and then fail in an hour or two...oh wait.

Seriously, better get the job done right.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Got netflix? Time to watch some Star Trek
Anyone seen John Carpenter's 'The Ward'? I've got the blu-ray sitting here and I'm toying with the idea of watching it... any good?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 377
Somewhere there is an intern about to get fired frantically buying parts at a best buy.
Ensign
# 378 logging on
Wow it almost let me log on, got to retrieving characters and then came down the boom STO is close for maintenance.....THE HORROR
Ensign
# 379 why so slow :(
11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
why is this server maintence taking so long, i tough it was orriganally 4 hours but its been extended to 8 hours,its really driving my patience ,please hurry this maintence up,taking too long
Career Officer
# 380
11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyette View Post
Effectively any gold member should have their billing date pushed back a day since it now is taking 8 hours to do maintanence. I for one am very happy i have not invested any money into this. Its a good game and all, but once you hit 50 it turns into every other game. Farm farm farm. Guess i'll go give Star Wars a try. Look at other MMO companies. WoW does maintanence every tuesday with an announcement in the launcher well before downtime. EvE does maintanence every morning and it lasts 2 hours. This is just poor communication and poor customer service. No different then Xbox putting a piece of crap in a box, slapping a year warranty on it and giving the bird to anyone that bought it.
Well, it's hard to communicate unexpected problems hours ahead of time. Yeesh...
Closed Thread