Ensign
# 11
11-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Well i put up a disclaimer stating I am dyslexsic so expect some spellin gor grammer issues yet I still get "grammer wasn't the best"

thought I did have one guy basicly say "do yourself a favor and stop doing missions" I'm not forcing him to play

My missions just combine some decent talk and fighting. I design each as if it could be an episode of star trek, and like sar trek there are bound to be episodes not as amazing as others, if I have to be honest it was onlysupposed to be a trilogy but i lovedusing the caracters so much its a series, I love what I do.and of others do its a bonus
Ensign
# 12
12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuskoronikov View Post
Well i put up a disclaimer stating I am dyslexsic so expect some spellin gor grammer issues yet I still get "grammer wasn't the best"

thought I did have one guy basicly say "do yourself a favor and stop doing missions" I'm not forcing him to play

My missions just combine some decent talk and fighting. I design each as if it could be an episode of star trek, and like sar trek there are bound to be episodes not as amazing as others, if I have to be honest it was onlysupposed to be a trilogy but i lovedusing the caracters so much its a series, I love what I do.and of others do its a bonus
And I for one have found your missions excellent. Some were hard due to where I spawn, some were easier than expected. As for spelling, thank you for the warnings at the start of your missions. I just take my time reading them so I understand what the NPC's are trying to tell me and haven't seen any problems.

I have not found anyone who deserved a 1 star rating but a few that got a 3 because planning was not really there. Those I critiqued in (hopefully taken) positive manner.

All of you keep up the mission work, I very much enjoy playing them.
Career Officer
# 13
12-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuskoronikov View Post

I've played many of your episodes as well, and have found them VERY good.

As for the spelling and grammar, I've seen more mistakes from other authors.

As for that one guy... Tell him where to go. As for the rest of us, keep making missions...
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Career Officer
# 14
12-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I just got two-starred for not having nudity at my gentlemen's club.
(Doubletakes) W...what?
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Career Officer
# 15
12-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Poor reviews with ignorant comments are nothing new and they will likely never go away. For example, one mission review used a line from my own mission as a review, a line meant as a joke for the player.

"All this combat and no narrative, I am rather disappointed."
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
12-30-2012, 02:15 AM
The lowest rating I have ever given was 2 stars (the mission featured a chatty borg and no less than three under dressed orions )

The Highest is a 5 stars

as to nudity
you can't do nudity its against the terms of service
Captain
# 17
12-30-2012, 06:37 AM
It's easy to do nudity!

None of those targs are wearing pants.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
12-30-2012, 07:28 AM
i've got a one star for "not telling someone where to start" even though its in big bold yellow letters in the mission brief and opening paragraph.
Lieutenant
# 19
12-30-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm with you, and I really got tired of receiving insults after working weeks to create a mission. I made ​​no more mission until we have a way to defend against these players.
Career Officer
# 20
12-30-2012, 08:10 AM
I get a lot of bad reviews based on foundry bugs that I can't control if my life depended upon it. I get bad reviews because some enemies are 'too hard' for a minority of players. I get a lot of bad ratings with no review at all.

We have a mixed audience. Some are looking for I, Claudius, some are looking for Steven Hawking Explains it All, some are just looking for the monster truck pull. Looking at what is popular I'd say most are here for the monster truck pull. Dumb it way down and you'll still get bad reviews. Elevate it to the highest form of literature and you'll still get bad reviews.

The Review/Star system is poorly conceived for this environment. Given that (to pull a figure from nowhere) 80% of internet posting is going to contain poorly worded vitriol, and here that will be based largely on the fact that the poster didn't read a key piece of your dialogue, I think it needs to be removed. I think a simpler 'thumbs up' without even offering a thumbs down option would be better. I know, you immediately want the 'thumbs down' too. However anyone wishing to express displeasure could simply not click the thumbs up button and save on the negativity that is being spread around.

Note to reviewers:
It isn't like the foundry tips make this worth doing, when reviewing a mission keep that in mind. When your review berates something the author can't control or that you didn't read, it takes a layer of polish off the whole system. If you want to see improvement try to be constructive.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.

Last edited by curs0r; 12-30-2012 at 08:48 AM.