Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,462
# 191
11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower View Post
They did update the Gal-X and added a third tac console slot. I noticed it today on tribble. I am hoping at the very least they will bring the oldest of the C Store ships in line with the new ones.
It is one of those things - where you look at the prices on some of the older things in comparison to the newer things...and it leaves you wonder why you would spend anything on those older ships. They either need to look at reducing those prices or updating the ships at those prices.

Given how quick it is to get to the endgame, though - they'd likely generate more revenue on certain ships simply by lowering the cost of them.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,652
# 192
11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Nope, sorry Brandon but the facts speak for themselves.
Facts are also easy to misread/mis-intrepret, then assumptions run wild, and it spirals out of control... hey, it's happened before

Thinking STO's team works on NW at the same time... that's just as absurd as thinking the Moon and the Earth are the same body That's not how they work

Felt it had to be said
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 160
# 193
11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Not to side track the thread any, but I'm still waiting for the Gal-X to get it's darn Saucer Seperation ability with Phaser Shotgun.
Im with ya.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 160
# 194
11-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It is one of those things - where you look at the prices on some of the older things in comparison to the newer things...and it leaves you wonder why you would spend anything on those older ships. They either need to look at reducing those prices or updating the ships at those prices.

Given how quick it is to get to the endgame, though - they'd likely generate more revenue on certain ships simply by lowering the cost of them.
Which is why they probably updated the Gal-X to keep things on an even keel. Someone was complaining that their Excelsior's firepower is not up to snuff with the new line up of tier 5 ships. The Excelsior I don't expect them to ever update. It is a level 40 ship, it always has been. It is attainable once you hit RA lower half.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,492
# 195
11-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
this is what i'd use for a tac captain, mine was more sci cap focused. having your own tractor beam, at global cooldown, is pretty cruel and unusual punishment wile also having a runabout hanger lol
And if you really want to shine them on it's Hasta la vista baby!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
# 196
11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
id just like to say i told you so to everyone that doubted that this would be the most overpowered ship ever. called the station setup too. i underestimated how overpowered it would be actually. those console configurations, the tractor pets, the incredible ease of use it will have with DHCs, this is truly a ship of nightmares.

Well damn man science needs something with all the freakin offensive science powers nerfed nowdays!
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 135
# 197
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower View Post
Which is why they probably updated the Gal-X to keep things on an even keel. Someone was complaining that their Excelsior's firepower is not up to snuff with the new line up of tier 5 ships. The Excelsior I don't expect them to ever update. It is a level 40 ship, it always has been. It is attainable once you hit RA lower half.
I just do not see how that can stand expecialy if you've been around long enough to know the history. The excel was put into STO when level 45 was the top and was probably the 1st in the line of P2W ships with it's 3 tac boff slots (altho that is really the design for beam-boats in the 1st place - to have 3 boff tac slots), that's why it is a level 40 ship. The new sov-R is not as viable as the excel as it gets the excel's 3 tac console layout along with the P2W torp, but trades ET1 for TT1 and loses turn rate in the process. If your thinking was indeed the case, then this version of P2W development STO would have the sov outclass the excel and there would be at least, a fleet version.

And the GalX will take alot more than just another tac console to fix that thing.

Last edited by esquire1980; 11-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,628
# 198
11-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venetar90 View Post
Well damn man science needs something with all the freakin offensive science powers nerfed nowdays!
wat? science hasn't needed any help since doffs were introduced, its been more dangerous then ever with tholian and temporal ships. a sci captain with DHCs available to them is extreamly dangerous
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 160
# 199
11-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire1980 View Post
I just do not see how that can stand expecialy if you've been around long enough to know the history. The excel was put into STO when level 45 was the top and was probably the 1st in the line of P2W ships with it's 3 tac boff slots (altho that is really the design for beam-boats in the 1st place - to have 3 boff tac slots), that's why it is a level 40 ship. The new sov-R is not as viable as the excel as it gets the excel's 3 tac console layout along with the P2W torp, but trades ET1 for TT1 and loses turn rate in the process. If your thinking was indeed the case, then this version of P2W development STO would have the sov outclass the excel and there would be at least, a fleet version.

And the GalX will take alot more than just another tac console to fix that thing.
The Gal X like the game itself for many of you has turned into some form of masochism. I've been around long enough to know this is how things are going to be so im well past the denial stage and accepted things as they are. People always say vote with their money. Lets see what the exit polls show when the Vesta hits the c store.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,462
# 200
11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower View Post
People always say vote with their money. Lets see what the exit polls show when the Vesta hits the c store.
Considering all the Jem spam with the Reinforcements Pack promo - I think it's pretty much a given that the Vesta will do well..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 PM.