Starfleet Veteran
# 21
11-01-2012, 02:48 PM
That sucks, I've been trying to get that freighter forever. Guess I just need to sell around $20 worth of keys for it while the getting is good. I'm curious how we'll get these officers in the future.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
The freighter is relatively cheap on the exchange atm...
Commander
# 23
11-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
The freighter is relatively cheap on the exchange atm...
And its only going to get cheaper while this promo and Zen is on sale. Folks are going to go bug hunting and for sure toss the extra Tuffi ships on the exchange.

So buy one now off the exchange before they arn't available any more.
Career Officer
# 24
11-01-2012, 05:16 PM
You know, i actually would like to open a few of those DOffpacks.
But ... then i get LOBI
Problem is i have 11 Characters and would not know what to buy from the Lobi Store at the moment or for what character.

If Lobi was Account Bound, this would be a no-brainer to throw them Lobi in the Account Bank until needed.

So again... i keep sitting on my collected Zen.

PS:
i would REALLY like to see some SUPER HARD chains to get some more of the past C-Store active roster DOff abilities into the game, without requiring the C-Store.

Maybe 6 Months after the pack has disappeared from the C-Store?
Let the C-Store packs have the new shiny stuff as timed exclusive, but let it move into the game itself after some time. Keep the DOff System alive, don't just use them for these Boosterpacks. (imho the Jem Bug Ship, the Tuffli and Lobi are more than enough incentive to buy these packs).
Starfleet Veteran
# 25 Luck is Funny
11-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I made my first attempt for the bug and ended up with 3xTufflis... any other time I would have been lucky to get one. However, I had no luck with the bug... try again on the 10th and that will be it for me.
Captain
# 26
11-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Used to buy these packs but with no Tuffli and with the bug ship being equally rare I think my zen will stay where it is also without game access it saves me the temptation as well
Career Officer
# 27
11-02-2012, 07:48 AM
I think I have accrued about 5 tuffli...for being something so 'rare' seems to be a lot of them... Price crashes, they become worthless... and the jem bug is still in the 'elite' category and unobtainable!
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack before they're discontinued.

A question... What exactly is discontinued?
JH ship or DoFF packs? Or, god help me for hoping, or it's lobi crystals that are being (finally) removed from the game?

Other than that, me ranting about too much of gambling in this game and lottery systems everywhere proves to be a futile attempt. Again it's happening. Sorry, I'm not falling for lottery tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-02-2012, 10:34 AM
While I hate lotttery in any form - and in STO expecially - we have to remember that they have to profit to keep the servers on.

This is one lottery that I am tempted to try. Because I've wanted a Tuffli from the day it was announced.

Exactly, how many possibilities I have to get one? How many packs I am supposed to buy before having a concrete chance?

If it's still 0.4 percent, I'll continue stockpiling my ECs and get one of the more that are coming at lower prices.

Same say they got 3 or even 5. How many packs did you open to find it? Thanks
Rihannsu
# 30
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
A question... What exactly is discontinued?
JH ship or DoFF packs? Or, god help me for hoping, or it's lobi crystals that are being (finally) removed from the game?

Other than that, me ranting about too much of gambling in this game and lottery systems everywhere proves to be a futile attempt. Again it's happening. Sorry, I'm not falling for lottery tickets.
they're probably replacing the Doff pack with soemthing new..... and Season 7 flavored.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.