Career Officer
# 31
11-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
So in other words, you want PWE to change their forum rules so that everything can stay as it is down here?

Seriously?
What the blithering diddlers are you tal... actually never mind. Just never mind.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
11-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
What the blithering diddlers are you tal... [...]
I understood your post as a proposal to just "harden up", which is obviously equivalent to telling pwebranflakes that he shoul somehow adapt to the style down here, and not the other way round.

Was it meant as something else? Then please explain.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Super Moderator
# 33
11-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
On Topic: The people on this forum that are most infuriating are the ones that skirt the rules with condescending-passive-aggressive-behavior. I doubt they'll change no matter what anyone says.
This drives me crazy, too... Did they really violate forum rules or not? Did they intend to come off as offensive, or am I taking them out of context or too seriously? Are they voicing a sincere opinion or are they trolling? Do I give them the benefit of the doubt? Should I give them a warning and edit out their posts, or not?

There is, unfortunately, no specific forum rule against arrogance and egos abound everywhere.

But the key here is that people do not easily change their pattern and the abusive types eventually cross over the line. Be patient, avoid responding in kind, or by flaming back, and you're not the one getting moderated.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 34
11-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
But the key here is that people do not easily change their pattern and the abusive types eventually cross over the line. Be patient, avoid responding in kind, or by flaming back, and you're not the one getting moderated.
And this is where it comes down to the "Ignore Button" would make everybody's life easier - including the mods et al - because it's a crutch, it helps us avoid that moment of weakness where we see something at just the right (well, wrong) time... and... bazinga!

What's funny about those folks though, that pattern - they'll get banned, come back with another account and you can still tell who they are... the way they post, it's like a signature.
Captain
# 35
11-01-2012, 05:41 PM
um, not be be the intentional jerk i usually am (or have been told i am), but imma say this anyways.

this community is a snapshot of the real world. you get all kinds.

some you like, some you don't, some are really bad....and some just want to help and get trolled for being sincere.

i think you all need to take some of my father's, grandfathers, and great grandfathers advice.

grow some balls and be a man.

even if you have a ******.

words are just words. ive never seen such "cry to my mommy" attitudes in any game as i have seen in this one.

facts are facts, feeling are feelings. if your facts are wrong it hurts your feelings. if your feelings are wrong....oh wait... we just went over this. grow some balls.

have fun kill bad guys
Captain
# 36
11-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
this community is a snapshot of the real world. you get all kinds.
Yeah, but you get a bunch of pansies hiding behind their keyboards playing internet tough guy... you wouldn't have that problem in the real world.

By the time they were drunk enough to have the courage to say anything, they'd be two breaths shy of falling down and wetting themselves...

...it's little more than a bunch of cowards, beating their chests (gently, so as not to hurt themselves), and acting like they're men.

It's not a case of needing to grow balls to deal with folks like that - not in the least. In the real world, you'd send such children to their rooms with no TV or internet...

...just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I always try to make "troll like posts" with a smile on my face so people see that there is something off, now moderation is needed because if there is too many stupid faces around spamming useless crap then there will be no one reading. Think the issue is tho pvpers feel entitled to complain alot further, because it actually have an impact on our gameplay where as if a ship is 3%more powerful in pve it doesn't matter you can still do pve without skills on elite.
Noone.
Captain
# 38
11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
virus, you don't think people walk around in the real word pretending to be something they are not?

so.... you've never been to college huh?

or, has it really changed that much in 10 years?

lol, and those people get older and still do it. they sweep my floors and ring people up in my stores.

also, i think i seen you say something in the tone of "its just a game" recently.....

yeah, even if not....you get the point.

any social outlet is just a snapshot of people. learning how to evaluate and respond verbally to have impact is a skill fewer and fewer people are interested in obtaining in recent history.

wow, maybe people have changed a lot in the past decade. and not for their own improvement in life as far as i can see.
Captain
# 39
11-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Imo, PvP is no more or less filled w/abusive poster than any other. This along w/Premade complaints are side issues detracting from the lack of effort Cryptic Mgt allows to be expended to develop a quality mmo pvp environment.
Captain
# 40
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
The girlfriend reminded me it's just a game - and - it is. It's something I can forget about when I zone out in PvP... I've snapped at her, pissed her off, and had to go buy her a shake a few too many times. I really get into it - haven't gotten into PvP like this since Shadowbane.

The gist of what I was saying is - it's not a case of having to grow a pair with some of the crap here - it should just be a case of being able to put them on ignore.

This isn't a job.
This isn't family.

We shouldn't have to put up with the childish BS at times...

...that simple.

There's folks that might lose it every now and again, and I think we tend to cut them some slack. There's folks on the other hand... yeah, /ignore would work great for them and make this a better place.