Career Officer
# 261
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Does this work even when the targets still have shields?
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Captain
# 262
10-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
you mean tricobalt mines? yes if using dpb3, the mines rip right through shields usually, but of course hitting bare hull is even better and almost guarantees kill.

When attacking a cube though i usually like to soften the shields up a little with a hy3 quantums or trico torp first just to help the damage from all 4 mines get through to hull.
Captain
# 263
10-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
2x stealth console
Is this even necessary?

I have 6 points in Stealth, and I can fly next to a Science captain in a science ship with maxed aux, and I can sit right on top of them without them detecting me.

If they used a skill that would decloak me or reveal my location, I don't think any number of points in Stealth will prevent this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
With the number of torpedoes launched, a B'rel Retrofit can be competitive.

This ship works great as a support ship, pounding a weakened ship with so many torpedoes that it outpaces their hull heals (as long as your team is helping keep the shields low/down).

But, even solo, the ship can take out other players if they aren't careful.

As for STFs, I can solo cubes on elite with not much problems.
Captain
# 264
10-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Is this even necessary?

I have 6 points in Stealth, and I can fly next to a Science captain in a science ship with maxed aux, and I can sit right on top of them without them detecting me.

If they used a skill that would decloak me or reveal my location, I don't think any number of points in Stealth will prevent this.
I have 3 points in stealth and dont like being decloaked, I have noticed myself get decloaked once in awhile simply by being next to a sci captain with lots of points in sensors. But you are right if they use a skill like CPB or GW it will decloak you anyway.

Main problem is I guess if you are going for engineer heavy build like mine you dont have much else to do with the sci console slots, and since field gens aren't needed for a cloak ship, more stealth cant hurt. But if you find you dont need the extra stealth by all means ditch the stealth consoles and use some kind of universal i guess.
Captain
# 265
10-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Main problem is I guess if you are going for engineer heavy build like mine you dont have much else to do with the sci console slots, and since field gens aren't needed for a cloak ship, more stealth cant hurt. But if you find you dont need the extra stealth by all means ditch the stealth consoles and use some kind of universal i guess.
You may want to consider the Rule 62 console. 11% mine and torpedo damage. It's not much, but the Warhead Yield Chamber mk XI (rare) is 18%, so it's not that much lower. It'll essentially give you 4 tactical consoles, with some points into flow capacitors.

Considering the prevalent use of mines, I use the Aceton Assimilators to mitigate mine and heavy torpedo spam. Also, for FAW spam.

I also use a Flow Capacitor console to boost the Aceton Assimilator drain (which isn't that much), and I also use Tacheyon Beam 3 to help weaken their shields for better torpedo penetration.

Last edited by shookyang; 10-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Captain
# 266
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
good idea i may try those
Captain
# 267
10-31-2012, 04:38 PM
I mean diruptors cannons mk 10 or 11 keep it original.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 268
11-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Using energy weapons on the b'rel is throwing away the ship. A Heghta is better than a B'rel for energy weapons.

My setup for the B'rel, pure torpedo is:

2x plasma torpedo
1x bioneural
1x breen cluster

Aft: 2x tricobalt mines
Isometric Charge console
(If I had them, Id also use the ferengi +11% dmg console and barrier field console)

Note: I do not use the harpeng due to its very fast flight speed.

Three shield/engine/deflector setups:
Reman engine and deflector with KHG shields- plasma bomber
KHG shield and engine with omega deflector. - balanced bomber
Reman shield and engine with omega deflector. - plasma crit bomber.

Either three works depending on your playstyle.

The setup is simple. Dispersal 3, high yield 2 and high yield 1. Dual omega 1 atk pattern. The rest are sci slots: hazard, jam sensor 1, scramble sensors 1.

The ship basically 'bombs' targets.

The torpedo weaponry has an interesting synergy: The breen cluster is the fastest of the three yet it takes two seconds after reaching target to activate mines & home in. Bioneural and plasma torpedoes all fly at roughly the same speed.

You fire them all in less than three seconds and your b'rel auto-cloaks. Your ship flies FASTER than any of these torpedos when under omega atk pattern.

Hence you fire them, speed past them, autocloak on the way in... and as you fly brushing past the target's hull you dump a quad of tricobalt mines.

The result?

All torpedos hit at once and to the same shield facing. Tricobalt mines take a second to activate and are vulnerable to the NPC shooting them down.... which is why the breen cluster is great here... it deploys 10 or 12 mines the NPC will be busy shooting at instead of the tricobalts.

The target almost always loses all shields from the torpedo barrage... and then the tricobalt quad mines strike. Usually 2 are enough to kill almost any ship...3 and 4 are the guarantee kill mine or the ones that finish off bigger targets like cubes.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 269
11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Using energy weapons on the b'rel is throwing away the ship. A Heghta is better than a B'rel for energy weapons.

No it isn't as using energy cannons make this ship a variable opponent.you set up is not that great.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 270
11-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
No it isn't as using energy cannons make this ship a variable opponent.you set up is not that great.
Oh do kindly explain how using weapons which disable the ONLY feature that makes the ship unique is better than using the same setup in a free Heghta bird of prey.

My setup works very nicely thank you.

http://youtu.be/o8o3jdNKZ30
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Closed Thread