Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
This isn't so much about a lack of Klingon ships, regardless of what might've been posted by me. It's more about how the Feds have SO many ships, they nearly have a ship for virtually any role you could possibly want to have regardless of anything else.
I have stated many times in many threads that I would love a Klingon style c-store ships - maybe a Vor'cha style Sci ship - but the fact is they are not going to make one(most likely)

And it is simple business - why make ship B which cost the same as Ship A - if Ship A will sell 10x as many??

There is just no way a business which has to report to shareholders can justify selling something when they know they could sell something else for the same input resources and get 10x the return.

PWE and its shareholders don't give a rats ass if KDF players are pissed off about not getting a ship unless they can put up the same money as the Fed side does.

There is NO fairness in Capitalism - only Money
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I have stated many times in many threads that I would love a Klingon style c-store ships - maybe a Vor'cha style Sci ship - but the fact is they are not going to make one(most likely)

And it is simple business - why make ship B which cost the same as Ship A - if Ship A will sell 10x as many??

There is just no way a business which has to report to shareholders can justify selling something when they know they could sell something else for the same input resources and get 10x the return.

PWE and its shareholders don't give a rats ass if KDF players are pissed off about not getting a ship unless they can put up the same money as the Fed side does.

There is NO fairness in Capitalism - only Money
I'd like that as well, a KDF sci ship besides a Fleet version, a carrier, or the Varanus.

I'm not arguing the point of the KDF not getting the ship because of the overused reason of 'not fiancially viable' at all. We've all heard it a hundred times before.

All I'm saying with this thread is that Feds have nearly any ship for any choice of playstyle, sans the cruiser with a Lt. Cmdr sci (btw Timelord, love that Ambassador layout).

I suppose in a way, I'm saying they should get this new ship so that way this circle is complete, and they will need no more ships.

So again, not really about the lack of KDF ships.

If you do wanna look at it from a pure money perspective, the same thing can still apply though:

They're running out of 'niche' rolls to fill, which means fewer ideas (without going into some really out there kind of ships, like as a random example...Cmdr Engineer, Lt. Cmdr science, Lt. Tac, Ensign tac).

Fewer ship ideas for the C-store (not counting lockbox ships) means less potential sales for the C-store, and less money. They'd have to either start making ships with really different BOFF and console layouts along with new console powers, or something along those lines. Yes, is takes time to make them, but they only make em if they think they will sell (just look at the Vesta, you know that well enough, Levi).

It might be work they may not wanna do though, and just skip making new ships (again, skipping lockbox ones) all together.

Maybe I'm confusing myself on all this. *shrug* Still, I do stand by my first point, of that Feds have nearly any ship role they could want.

Captain
# 13
11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by levi3
I think this Klingon rant is in the wrong section? I think it should be in Klingon Gamplay section.

Everyone already knows the next ship will be a Fed ship. Mr Stahl has clearly said making a Klingon ship for the C-store is NOT "economically viable".
---------------------------------------------------

If this is true,perhaps it is,perhaps a way can be found
For our Klingon players to get more content
And the game to prosper overall

If a story line were developed that allied the Feds and klinks
Like I'n cannon, with the Enterprise C

And the Feds and Klingons as allies would share some ships
And retain some ships and technologies as race specific.

Feds would buy some Klingon ships Klingons some fed ships

Teams for content
Stfs
Story missions
Fleets
Romulan/Borg missions
Pvp
These and more could be shared

The Tailor could be shared with a few restrictions on
Both sides

From that point on shiPs and uniforms/clothing
Could be shared

Some weapons and consoles could be designed
New as race specific

I think it would open up more choices for everyone
While retaining racial specific aspects

What we have is clearly not working because cryptic
Does not see the Klingons as a cash cow , But as
True allies the money incentive of Feds / Klingons buying
Each others content could swing something like this over.

Just think of a new Klingon style Fed uniform sales
Lol
Too keep the pvp crowd happy I think all the racial
Pvp modules the Klingons and Feds have would keep to
Race specific

More shared content would be too all players advantage
If cryptic is unwilling too invest heavy into beefing up
The Klingon side of the game,

I think new story content verses the Undine could
Unite the Factions I'n this way as well as bring I'n the
Romulans and any other faction as well

This is a Non Cannon Mirror universe of Star Trek