Empire Veteran
# 1 Postive Feedback 3: SDO DOFFs
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Well, I feel like this time they really had an excellent balance pass with these BFI DOFFs.

On one toon I had 3 Breen purple SDO ones, and generally kept 2 equipped. I really liked the numbers that I saw (and like a petaQ' I forgot to write them down), it was still an excellent amount though, without going overboard.

Now, as the patch notes said, they give one lump-sum heal with each proc. It's also affected by Shield Emitters, so no points in that, means little shields gained.

I do remember that they can each proc once, so equipping multiple DOFFs is still useful if you have them. Somebody in the PvP forum helped me with that bit of confusion, so thank you again whoever you were. I again though, forgot to actually test it out in any shape or form.

But I digress at this point.

I feel that this was an excellent change to an extremely powerful DOFF, without going overboard and making it worthless. It acts more as an E-power to Shields, than a TSS 3.

The only worry I might have, is in season 7, where the Romulan sci buff might make these a little bit much:

99 points in Emitters, up to 10 from a Fleet bonus, 25 from a DOFF, and the plus 100 you can briefly get from the Sci boost of Romulan Rep, plus any other skill boosts I might be forgetting, and on top of that, Emitter Array consoles.

Even so, thank you again, they are still useful, but got a very good balance in this case.