Empire Veteran
# 21
11-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I've never had a previous excuse other than this one. It was why I quit back in April.
I'd walk away from the game... or likely end up getting banned for making Foundry missions where the goal was to destroy the Evil Cryptic Fleet - I'd make the devs all fat/ugly aliens that speak derp...
Quote:

Even with that - it was fine. There was a guy raging about them spawn camping, but I was like whatever - they got the upper hand, they pushed it, they dominated - we'll move on to the next match.

When they started saying "gg" - I flipped out...
No worries. We all flip out eventually.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 22
11-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Don't forget in a couple weeks KDF gets something they Raged 50 pages deep a few weeks back - Feds having MACO shields and the rumor of getting plasmonic leech

well now they get MACO shields and plasmonic leech - when the feds were going to "supposedly get it - it was going to be game breaking and they were all going to quit

But now that the KDF gets it I don't hear any more "game-breaking" rants about it from those KDF players???

Guess its ok for KDF to be OP - but not Fed - or its a full on KDF rant fest.
Yes, Levi3 its exactly the same was the Fed rant when the temporal ships came out and the Feds were all "OH my G@d! No! The KDF ship is waaaay too OP, because it has the cloak".

Now the Feds get a waaaay better Vesta than ANY OTHER SHIP EVER DESIGNED and the Feds are quiet as mice discussing builds and laughing their arses off.

Sound familiar?
Captain
# 23
11-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Neither side is perfect but for what it's worth, I have to give the potential cheese edge to the KDF for the moment. Right now Leech is everywhere, Aceton Assimilators do things they shouldn't, Siphon Drones are ridiculous, Intercepters proc like mad and energy drains stack too well. That's without even mentioning Viral Matrix + Doffs and the fact that you can safely Tric mine the respawn point.

All that being said, not everyone flying KDF is doing this. Unfortunately some of these things are so out of control that it can be hard to determine who is douching it up and who is just benefiting through the luck of the draw in queues. Flying KDF side with people who run these things makes me feel dirty but flying Fed side against them leaves me feeling violated.

I hate how negative I've become over this game that has so much potential. There is a lot of serious meaningful work to do but Cryptic is so busy throwing out poorly designed garbage. They need to fix PvP and then get back to work on bridges or bundles like the DS9/Defiant pack. That looked awesome and I doubt my Galaxy Class/TNG pack is going to break PvP.
I don't agree with you. Generalisations like this infuriate me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Lieutenant General Isa Tion reporting for duty!

(yes.... everyone is generalizing and this upsets the community as a whole!)
Commander
# 25
11-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
In what way is my rather specific statement regarding a number of terrible mechanics a generalization?

I'd love to play KDF more. I'd rather not rely on mechanics that completely disable my target for a kill. Even if I don't use these things, and I'm sure there are a few others who refrain from this stuff to an extent, I'm still very likely to end up with a pug team who is loaded up. As annoying as it is to be overwhelmed by "p2w", it's even less fun to roflstomp a target who is already overwhelmed by "p2w".
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
I could have gone with the I just hate spam thing - but it's not just spam.

There was a good fight off to the left that went on for a bit - got outnumbered, died. There was a good fight off to the right that went on even longer - got outplayed, died.

Then it was the ASD/AA/AMS spawn camp thing.

Even with that - it was fine. There was a guy raging about them spawn camping, but I was like whatever - they got the upper hand, they pushed it, they dominated - we'll move on to the next match.

When they started saying "gg" - I flipped out...
saying gg every match no matter what: good

camping: bad
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
In what way is my rather specific statement regarding a number of terrible mechanics a generalization?
Possibly he is upset becuase your post makes it sound as if the only terrible mechanics in the game exist on the KDF side of things. The feds have thier fair share of cheese and bad code as well.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 28
11-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Well that would be an incorrect assumption since what I actually said was that the worst were on the KDFs side. I didn't say in this thread, nor have I ever said, that the Feds were without their own problems.
Empire Veteran
# 29
11-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Well that would be an incorrect assumption since what I actually said was that the worst were on the KDFs side. I didn't say in this thread, nor have I ever said, that the Feds were without their own problems.
Indeed. Thats why I said it may be a possibly reason for his response. Only he can say for sure.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
I knew it! A real evil Klingun!
Anyway, the KDF crap is worse than the Fed crap...it's proved by the fact that only the Fed players abandon the queues when the evil Klinguns spam all their crap, aceton-siphon-leech.
I've never seen a Klingun leaves due to AMS or Danubes...never!
So, evil klinguns, admit you've the worst...ahem...I mean the best crap, and also very perfumed!
In fact we Feds call you the smelling Klinguns!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!