Ensign
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this (I didn't see it anywhere in this thread anyway):
When I attempt to start the DOff assignment Research History of New Romulus, it appears to initiate but doesn't show up in the In Progress tab for DOff assignments. This is the case whether going through the Personal tab of the DOff management interface or by talking to the Romulan historian.

*I am assuming that the Colonial XP required for the assignment is the same as the Commendation Advacement----in which case I have 12,513.
Ensign
# 112
11-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Anyone think the questing systems on New Romulus seem to be exactly like Guild wars 2?

The npc's have generic 'you can complete this through a combination of the following tasks' like GW2 heart system and it even has a sort of dynamic event system through the red alerts.

Not that I am complaining, I think it's a great system and perfect for these open worlds.

I would like to know if the red alerts are scaling to how many people are in the area.
Lieutenant
# 113
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
just played in the new romulan sector

thought it was pretty fun but I ran into a few issues:

- on the patrol mission, it seemed like the starbase was way overpowered. I always play on elite though, but it seems to one shoot me everytime i attack it. makes killing a regular borg cube seem like swatting a bug in comparison.

- on new romulus my boff tried to commit suicide when i crossed the old bridge and i lost her behind.

- had a bit of trouble finding the bug spray. maybe just me.

other then that it was pretty fun
One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 12000+ Accolades [Fed Tac VA] Viper [Fed Tac VA] Athena [Fed Eng VA] T'ozz [KDF Tac LG]
Forum Member Since Feb 2010
Ensign
# 114 so far so good
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
modeling has been excellent and the mission's a little more differnt than the usal fare wich is nice space kinda another story need more voice over's nut I am looking forward to doing the work on shard when it transfer's right now kinda handicapped by not having all of my crafting supplie's on hand when I trasnfered
Ensign
# 115
11-02-2012, 11:28 AM
1) we test the mission of the starbase (war game), I found quite easy to regard the ship break down, (I would have added a more few wavers).
The space station has survived very well to my attacks.

2) tried a deep inconter against tholian

3) Start the mission against tholian (i could not begin it).

4)accepted a REDALERT on New Romulus, against the indigenous small insects, but i could not damage.

NB: all test wew perfomed whit a pg FED/engineer.

Version of STO player on a PC assembled:
Cpu Intel E5700/ 3.00Ghz; 4GB RAM DDR3 (dual Chanel); Video card ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB; ADSL-7Mega
Republic Veteran
# 116 Much Bigger
11-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I love new Romulas the graphics the feel, but one aspect.

I think the maps need to double the size or larger.

You hit the mark here , but it seem fake with each are so close.

Even better if this was an entire planet not just part of one.
Lt. Commander
# 117
11-02-2012, 11:51 AM
only suggestion i would make is possibly removing the beam to ship button. it is pretty annoying when you go to click on a mission objective then end up beaming up then having to beam down and run back all over again. we already have a beam out option on the minimap why is a second one necessary?
Survivor of Romulus
# 118
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
First time testing S7.

Went to the new sector block, picked up the daily. Some planets like Khitomer did not offer any missions to contribute to the patrol misison, wich I found odd.

After that was complete, I farted about with the reputation system. I found the UI very intuitive, and the resources required to fill the "missions" were not too high.

Then I went to New Romulus. Nice place I must say, if a bit gray. Some more and a bit brighter colour palette would not hurt, if only to make it seem more vibrant.

Another odd thing was that I had to go to a console to play the intro cut-scene. Should it not play upon beaming down for the first time, and then be able to use the console if one wants to replay the intro sequence at a later time if one so wishes??

I did find the new map very good and easy to figure out. Was very nice and detailed, and I would strongly suggest to add this to all the missions in the game, since some of the other maps are very low res, and makes the game look bad to new players.

The new mini games were fun.

More to follow as I explore New Romulus further.

Last edited by otowi; 11-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Career Officer
# 119
11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyman View Post
only suggestion i would make is possibly removing the beam to ship button. it is pretty annoying when you go to click on a mission objective then end up beaming up then having to beam down and run back all over again. we already have a beam out option on the minimap why is a second one necessary?
I second this.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 120 #120
11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I second this.
I agree with this too. The button for 'Return to Ship' needs to be placed somewhere else. It really gets in the way.

I think the New Romulus and all the new items and updates are great. I am sure in time we will have a lot more happenings and great events going on in this new area.

Keep up the great work !!