Captain
# 41
10-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Ah... Ok, I see what you are saying now. Thank you for clarifying.

A recommendation I would make would until a change is made, you might want to either respec and invest points in those defensive categories like the ones I mentioned, or use the science consoles that I mentioned. Should even out the playing field a little. Better than nothing.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Community Moderator
# 42
11-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Off-Topic...

I'd like to apologize to everyone for not keeping a better eye on this thread. There's been some name-calling and other junk going on that should have been nipped in the bud.

As it stands, there's not a lot of point in going back and warning people about two-week old violations. I am simply going to ask that people stop feuding and sniping and not make further moderation necessary.

Thanks,

Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 43
11-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I am simply going to ask that people stop feuding and sniping and not make further moderation necessary.
Don't take this the wrong way, but it IS the internet. And I find that people are often nastier online then they are IRL. So asking for no feuding and sniping on the internet is kind of like asking the sun to take a day off and not rise.

It ain't happening. Precisely why moderators exist.

Just a thought.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
I don't know why distruptor breech is affecting my turn rate, that might be a bug on my ship.
Have you considered that your opponent might be using a dual proc weapon - namely polarized disruptors?

The polaron proc can be pretty brutal on any system that is running on low power - I've not tested this, but the most obvious bug/glitch would seem to be that the debuff icon for dual proc weapons is being incorrectly displayed as the primary damage proc, even if the secondary proc is in effect.
Captain
# 45
11-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
Have you considered that your opponent might be using a dual proc weapon - namely polarized disruptors?

The polaron proc can be pretty brutal on any system that is running on low power - I've not tested this, but the most obvious bug/glitch would seem to be that the debuff icon for dual proc weapons is being incorrectly displayed as the primary damage proc, even if the secondary proc is in effect.
No, because it also do it when I battle NPC's with disruptors.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Sounds like a job for fraps or other similar capture application in that case. If it is a readily replicatable issue then some good solid evidence of the circumstances of a bug occuring is the quickest way to get it fixed IMHO, other players can corroborate and the devs have a much better idea what they need to look for in the code.
Captain
# 47
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Probably a bug then, since I fight NPCs and players with disruptors on a regular basis, and the only thing on me that gets shafted are my defenses from the proc.