Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Type-11 Shuttlecraft
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Hello.

Was wondering if we'll ever see a Type-11 Shuttlecraft in this game--I mean, we've got just about every other Federation Shuttle, not to mention the Fighters we have. And while the Peregrine is my favorite Fighter, I think the Type-11 ties with the Delta Flyer as my favorite Starfleet Shuttlecraft.

So, I decided to open this thread to discuss the Type 11, the stats we think it should have, as well as any unique systems/features.

To start, here's my take on the basic stats it should have:

Minimum Command Rank: Lieutenant Commander
Crew: 5
Weapons: 2 Fore
Device Slots: 1
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Ensign Engineering
Console Upgrades: 1 Tactical, 1 Science, 2 Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 21 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Hull HP Modifier: 0.7 (Hull Strength increases with level)
Shield Modifier: 0.7 (Shield Strength increases with level)
Phaser Bank with 360-degree range of fire that increases in effectiveness as you level.
Photon Torpedo Launcher that increases in effectiveness as you level.

Don't really have an idea for a special ability/console for it yet, but the stats above would make the Type-11 a very good shuttle, and making it available starting at Lieutenant Commander would offset the fact that it is a tough little ship.

So, what does everyone else think about the prospect of including the Type-11?

I look forward to hearing what you all think, as well as any ideas for stats/abilities/consoles that you might think of.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Base Turn Rate: 21 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.20

- Your turn rate and impulse modifier are too low, its performance is even lower than the Captain's Yacht. It should at least be 25/.22, to at minimum match the Type-10 Chaffee, which is the least useless shuttlecraft.

-The Memory Alpha entry for the Type-11 states that it can fire "Tachyon Bursts". Maybe an idea for a native ability would be a native Tachyon Beam or Charged Particle Burst.

-If it has a native ability you may have to give up a Boff slot, since the Delta has no native but 2 Boffs (1 sci 1 universal).

While my personal ideal "shuttlecraft" would be for them to reclassify the Aquarius Destroyer as a small craft (it's that bad, may as well make it the best thing in the Vault), I will also accept a craft that has at least 1 boff slot better than Ensign level.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
- Your turn rate and impulse modifier are too low, its performance is even lower than the Captain's Yacht. It should at least be 25/.22, to at minimum match the Type-10 Chaffee, which is the least useless shuttlecraft.

-The Memory Alpha entry for the Type-11 states that it can fire "Tachyon Bursts". Maybe an idea for a native ability would be a native Tachyon Beam or Charged Particle Burst.

-If it has a native ability you may have to give up a Boff slot, since the Delta has no native but 2 Boffs (1 sci 1 universal).

While my personal ideal "shuttlecraft" would be for them to reclassify the Aquarius Destroyer as a small craft (it's that bad, may as well make it the best thing in the Vault), I will also accept a craft that has at least 1 boff slot better than Ensign level.
Gotcha. Here's some revisions to my stats:

Minimum Command Rank: Lieutenant Commander
Crew: 5
Weapons: 2 Fore
Device Slots: 1
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal
Console Upgrades: 1 Tactical, 1 Science, 2 Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 27 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.24
Hull HP Modifier: 0.7 (Hull Strength increases with level)
Shield Modifier: 0.7 (Shield Strength increases with level)
Phaser Bank with 360-degree range of fire that increases in effectiveness as you level.
Photon Torpedo Launcher that increases in effectiveness as you level.
Tachyon Beam 1

Think that might work?

Also, if anyone else has ideas, I'd like to hear them.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Rihannsu
# 4
09-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I bet the Type-11 will come out with a future Voyager bundle, which I believe we will see at some point in the future, perhaps not TOO far off. I would also love to see this shuttle as it is one of my favorites...perhaps my favorite.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Captain
# 5
09-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theindefatigable View Post
I bet the Type-11 will come out with a future Voyager bundle, which I believe we will see at some point in the future, perhaps not TOO far off. I would also love to see this shuttle as it is one of my favorites...perhaps my favorite.
Hmm, the Type 11 is the one from Insurrection, the one's from VOY are the Types 8 ans 9.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 6
11-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the type 11 or type 9 for that matter. Not to mention having the shuttles be more interactive from your starship, such as a shuttle bay or docking hatch. The more authentic the better.
Republic Veteran
# 7
10-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I'll throw in my 2 cents to say
Yea I'd love to see a Type 11 shutle
even its look-alike Type 9

Wouldn't be so bad to have more Romulan and KDF shuttle/fighter types too.

Even more missions for them so they have more meaning.
Captain
# 8
10-14-2013, 07:52 AM
I honestly haven't seen the big deal for having all of the different types of shuttles. With exception to the fighters, most of them doesn't really feel all that different to me.
Career Officer
# 9
10-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post

I agree with the 'Tachyon Burst' idea for a console or native ability. To mimic its use in Insurrection, the tachyon burst would increase shield bleed-through on the target ship. I'll leave the % up to those who are more stat oriented.
Captain
# 10
10-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Is there a type-11 that was seen in the series? The only one I could possibly think of would the large shuttle used by Picard and Worf in "Insurrection".

I DO was to see the type-8 from Voyager and the type-6 from TNG be interchangeable. Heck, the type-8 was a redress of the type-6, but with Intrepid-style nacelles!