Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 21
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
as opposed to sat in silence , just taking every punch thats thrown your way and then asking kindly for another ?

yeah and actually , i think the fact that cryptic devs have acknowledged and ( finally ) look to be doing something about this ,that throwing the cuddly targ out of the enclosure is working

hell , the die hard feds need a carrier people that moaned for ages got what they wanted , so why cant the KDF
Mr Stahl said these words about making future KDF c-store ships "They are NOT economically viable"

that is directly from the man running things.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 22
11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
not ' right now '

things change
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 23
11-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
not ' right now '

things change
How much to you play KDF??
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 24
11-02-2012, 01:41 PM
not as much as i have in the past , when i do play its mostly fleet stuff on my fed , but what has that got to do with me wanting more kdf content ?
you seriously suggesting that if the 1-20 leveling is sorted out , and people able to select them from the start that more wont play them ?
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 25
11-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
not as much as i have in the past , when i do play its mostly fleet stuff on my fed , but what has that got to do with me wanting more kdf content ?
you seriously suggesting that if the 1-20 leveling is sorted out , and people able to select them from the start that more wont play them ?
I asked how much you played KDF - not STO.

Every day I make 2 runs on 3 KDF toons from DS9 to Qo'nos and back - doffing.

Every day I see less and less ships around Klingon sector space - hell some days I see almost as many FED ships in Klingon space as KDF. I see less and less in orbit, and I see less and less on the ground in first city and the academy.

KDF players are gone - and I think Cryptic must be noticing these numbers in their metrics as well.

I just don't see how Mr Stahl can make a Business case to his boss - PWE and then in turn their shareholders to invest in a faction that is disappearing.

Last edited by levi3; 11-02-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 26
11-02-2012, 01:56 PM
havent played my orion in a good long while , primarily for the reasons many other people with KDF chars have , i dont see why its so wrong to want more content for them
if the content is added , the players will come . its not so simple as saying , theres no players , so no content anymore . and hopefully s8 will finally do something positive about it , simply merging the factions would be a cop out and would ultimately result in doing far more harm than good
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 27
11-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
havent played my orion in a good long while , primarily for the reasons many other people with KDF chars have , i dont see why its so wrong to want more content for them
if the content is added , the players will come . its not so simple as saying , theres no players , so no content anymore . and hopefully s8 will finally do something positive about it , simply merging the factions would be a cop out and would ultimately result in doing far more harm than good
See this is why my opinion on the state and viability of the KDF differs from yours - I have my KDF 'boots on the ground" as it were - at least 2 hrs a day - 7 days a week for at least the last 10 months.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 28
11-02-2012, 02:21 PM
that doesnt make yours more important than mine , and vice versa. yours is just more informed :p

you can surely see though , lots of KDF players would outright quit if your idea of merging factions went ahead
thats not to say they all would , but a lot of the more prolific ones would be long gone
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 29
11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
that doesnt make yours more important than mine , and vice versa. yours is just more informed :p

you can surely see though , lots of KDF players would outright quit if your idea of merging factions went ahead
thats not to say they all would , but a lot of the more prolific ones would be long gone
And a lot will be gone if season 8 rolls around and just like the prior 7 season - nothing substatial happens accept for a few chewed on bones tossed their way.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 30
11-02-2012, 02:36 PM
yes , but this is the first time to my knowledge that the devs have mentioned on a upcoming blog that they going to fix it
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 PM.