Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
# 951
11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
loving the complaints tbh from what i can tell they may have screwed this up, but the way you need to think about it is that if they have messed it up that bvad, then they will be forced to fix it. and if enough people are going to complain then they'll probably just return it to how it is now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 952
11-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wearenottheborg View Post
loving the complaints tbh from what i can tell they may have screwed this up, but the way you need to think about it is that if they have messed it up that bvad, then they will be forced to fix it. and if enough people are going to complain then they'll probably just return it to how it is now.
I see that you REALLY thought this post out, huh?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,027
# 953
11-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi
You and Mark are here, to glorify Cryptic to the point of heavy contention. Which is why you two are usually on the unfavorable side of an argument when compared in tandem with the majority. Leave it to me to defend the majority in this instance, but there is a point to be had here.

We just want this "gouge your fellow user" on the premise that "there is no bounds of reason, pinch every penny", ideology to stop.
You can call us fanboys all you want, but that doesn't make us so It's just baseless speculation, in your own words. Just because we agree with a few of Cryptic's choices doesn't mean we agree with all of them (also similiar to what you said to me)

These 'issues' aren't issues in the first place, not to me... nothing Cryptic or PWE has done has really crossed a line for me

I haven't got a beef with Cryptic, or a line to cross, simply put. I got burned in the Emblem conversion (15 away from a ship; had to start over), but got over it. And liked everything that came in-game, and is coming in-game

I defend them because I like Cryptic and STO, because I hate when something I like is attacked. I think I'm only legitimately a 'content' fanboy if I defended them against all logic and hatred, against all opinions, against all issues... I think you see where this is going.

But if you did your research, you'd see I haven't fulfilled that requirement The reason why is because I prefer to play the game, and help out on these forums, not fight every single criticism... so in that case, your logic is flawed, imo
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 11-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,288
# 954
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You can call us fanboys all you want, but that doesn't make us so It's just baseless speculation, in your own words. Just because we agree with a few of Cryptic's choices doesn't mean we agree with all of them (also similiar to what you said to me)

These 'issues' aren't issues in the first place, not to me... nothing Cryptic or PWE has done has really crossed a line for me

I haven't got a beef with Cryptic, or a line to cross, simply put. I got burned in the Emblem conversion (15 away from a ship; had to start over), but got over it. And liked everything that came in-game, and is coming in-game

I defend them because I like Cryptic and STO, because I hate when something I like is attacked. I think I'm only legitimately a 'content' fanboy if I defended them against all logic and hatred, against all opinions, against all issues... I think you see where this is going.

But if you did your research, you'd see I haven't fulfilled that requirement The reason why is because I prefer to play the game, and help out on these forums, not fight every single criticism... so in that case, your logic is flawed, imo
Agreed. I prefer to play the game than fantasize about what I want it to be.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 955
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I haven't got a beef with Cryptic, or a line to cross, simply put. I got burned in the Emblem conversion (15 away from a ship; had to start over), but got over it. And liked everything that came in-game, and is coming in-game
Is there a "bridge too far" for you? Can they screw you in some way that won't let you forgive and forget? One thing about this you may want to consider, being able to forgive is a valuable tool when it comes to maintaining your sanity with family and friends. I know this firsthand. However, our relationship with Cryptic/PWE is strictly commercial.

Now, if you really mean what you say, that you've liked everything so far as well as what's coming (How can you "like" what you haven't experienced in any meaningful way?), why are you posting in this thread? Based on what you've said only, the reason can only be that you're acting as an "agent of chaos," trying to rile posters up to detract from the heartfelt concerns being expressed.

But isn't that what this thread is for, supplying Cryptic with input?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,027
# 956
11-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Is there a "bridge too far" for you? Can they screw you in some way that won't let you forgive and forget? One thing about this you may want to consider, being able to forgive is a valuable tool when it comes to maintaining your sanity with family and friends. I know this firsthand. However, our relationship with Cryptic/PWE is strictly commercial.

Now, if you really mean what you say, that you've liked everything so far as well as what's coming (How can you "like" what you haven't experienced in any meaningful way?), why are you posting in this thread? Based on what you've said only, the reason can only be that you're acting as an "agent of chaos," trying to rile posters up to detract from the heartfelt concerns being expressed.

But isn't that what this thread is for, supplying Cryptic with input?
If there is one, I haven't found it yet lol.

And like I said in that post, I like Cryptic and STO, and I hate when something I like is attacked (or criticized, whatever you prefer). A lot of what mewi said struck that chord for me, and... well, couldn't quite help myself. A weakness of mine.

But it's not my intention to rile up posters (there are much better uses of my time); I was simply stating my opinion to mewi.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 957
11-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
If there is one, I haven't found it yet lol.

And like I said in that post, I like Cryptic and STO, and I hate when something I like is attacked (or criticized, whatever you prefer). A lot of what mewi said struck that chord for me, and... well, couldn't quite help myself. A weakness of mine.

But it's not my intention to rile up posters (there are much better uses of my time); I was simply stating my opinion to mewi.
Come on guys almost at 100 pages - are you sure that you could keep this quasi-flame war going at least 4 more to make it 100?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 97
# 958
11-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Come on guys almost at 100 pages - are you sure that you could keep this quasi-flame war going at least 4 more to make it 100?
What is the goal of this post? It obviously has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, so just flame baiting?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 233
# 959
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
the only reason i have any maco stuff and borg stuff at all is because of the dilithium the stf provides and if they want people more interested in the reputation system is to provide MORE delithium in stfs not less then it be worth even a little bit of time at least
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 613
# 960
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Let us just sum this thread up in a video response ;o ( Click Here )

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.