Career Officer
# 21
11-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Love the starbase project requirement changes. I have been holding off on several projects waiting for something to change. It actually seems doable now for my small fleet. I am also not troubled anymore by the changes to the doff personnel pricing either now.

Me too, there is more win in these patch notes than fail
Lieutenant
# 22
11-02-2012, 03:01 PM
It looks like the update will be about 500mb.

I'm updating now. It might be up soon.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
no offense...but dilithium sink much???? so on top of having a starbase, you (cryptic) expect us to grind even more dilth for higher rewards...i dont mind doing that...but at least increase or REMOVE the daily cap.....8k a day is not enough to do any of this...
u will probly have more then enugh dilithium for all gear before even reach good reputation lvl to can take wapons and gear
Career Officer
# 24
11-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Very nice updates.

Epohha are awesome. I literally gasped in delight upon seeing that. I already enjoyed breeding tribbles, now raising Epohha will be my Admiral's hobby!

Also like shifting the requisitions to more marks, less dilithium.

Big relief that my fleet won't have to grind for targ hearts for the chef. But is there any way fleets who have already completed bartender/chef projects can get a little bonus? If not a minor visual 'special reserve' behind the bartender, maybe a gift box of drinks? My fleet put a lot of time into collecting drinks, and while I don't think we're 'entitled' to anything, I think a little grandfathering bonus would be appreciated. Maybe something to show off our achievement.
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
well, now we know why duty officer requisition at the academy is so expensive, it is their intend to make them a much more rare and valuable commodity, even the starbase projects sound like their requirements for them are being slashed.

why? what the point of doing this? it was fine the way it was. thanks to those recruitment missions Ive finally been able to amass a very small fortune of EC, and its one of the main ways to level recruitment cxp. there REALLY needs to be new ways to get recruitment CXP then.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 26
11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
we Will Be Bringing The Tribble Server Down For Maintenance To Apply A New Update.
St.25.20121026a.4

[*]epohh Raising
Omgerd *squeel*
Career Officer
# 27
11-02-2012, 03:22 PM
What about the dilihtium costs of starbase projects? I remember Dsthal mentioning that they were too high for the upper tier projects.
# 28
11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpet View Post
u will probly have more then enugh dilithium for all gear before even reach good reputation lvl to can take wapons and gear
Still having a price tag of 30k+ dilithium for a single omega/borg/romulan mk 12 set item is a bit obscene when there is an 8k refinement limit, we are already having to spend a major time sink to get to tier 5 with these rep levels, then to have one complete set will cost ~100k Dilithium. At the current zen to Dilithium exchange rate of 1 to 158 that would cost over 600 zen to get enough dilithium for one set (which is probably PWE's intention)... also remember it costs dilithium to get those rep ranks up. And this has to be done for each character separately. There are many more dilithium sinks in season 7, and the stfs are having the dilithium rewards reduced, but still the 8k refinement limit is growing prohibitive with all these sinks.

They need to drop the dilithium costs significantly, and raise the (romulan/omega) mark and neural processor amounts to compensate yes the mk 11s in the dilithium store are 22k... but these mk 12s are over 10k higher and require a lot more effort than just the dilithium to get.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-02-2012, 03:27 PM
is it back up?
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfelix View Post
Still having a price tag of 30k+ dilithium for a single omega/borg/romulan mk 12 set item is a bit obscene when there is an 8k refinement limit, we are already having to spend a major time sink to get to tier 5 with these rep levels, then to have one complete set will cost ~100k Dilithium. At the current zen to Dilithium exchange rate of 1 to 158 that would cost over 600 zen to get enough dilithium for one set (which is probably PWE's intention)... also remember it costs dilithium to get those rep ranks up. And this has to be done for each character separately. There are many more dilithium sinks in season 7, and the stfs are having the dilithium rewards reduced, but still the 8k refinement limit is growing prohibitive with all these sinks.

They need to drop the dilithium costs significantly, and raise the (romulan/omega) mark and neural processor amounts to compensate yes the mk 11s in the dilithium store are 22k... but these mk 12s are over 10k higher and require a lot more effort than just the dilithium to get.
Imo they have in some areas and have not. I'm still not sure what a final set will cost but the upgrades are significantly less expensive and that's a pretty big deal. I can honestly say they're LISTENING. Is this perfect? Nope, but its a hell of a lot better than we expected. I was honest to god worried about season 7. Seeing these patch notes shows that they're backing up the jawing they were doing on the Dev blog 9 thread. There are more changes to be made. But this is a hell of a lot more livable than this was a week ago.