Captain
# 961
11-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post

and I think you aren't being very honest with the recollection of your time spent doing Elite STFs. If you are, then they are normal stfs or STFs that fail.
and I think you are ignoring the facts presented and calling people liars because you want to believe Cryptic is a horrible company and want to stick to the current system so much you won't listed to the other side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I wish people would stop being deluded, the primary goal of the changes to the STF's was not to remove luck and make sure everyone got their gear (That was just a bi-product of their aim), it was to ensure that STF's would be time gated and rebooted to keep people going until S8 (when a lot of new content should arrive) and also to create another set of dilithium sinks to fuel Zen sales.
I fully understand what they are doing, but I don't really take that much issue with it. it lets us actually grind for gear now rather than just playing content and hoping for gear, and the dilithium as a cost fits in with it being a way to grind for real money items or pay to save time. I do think the costs need looked at from the prices I have heard people mentioning. I know cryptic said they picked a high dilithium cost for the sets because they are better than the stuff in the regular dilithium store, but that ignores the extra work you have to put in and the other resources needed as payment in addition to the dilithium, but the system itself is reasonably sound. I do wish they would implement a system whereby those of us who have been playing STFs all this time could get a leg up on the new system, however.
Starfleet Veteran
# 962
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
and I think you are ignoring the facts presented and calling people liars because you want to believe Cryptic is a horrible company and want to stick to the current system so much you won't listed to the other side.
When I know something to be factually incorrect, then I know something is wrong, so I need to draw conclusions based on the reasoning behind peoples "bad luck"

Now why do I know it is factually incorrect? Because I've done hundreds of STFs casually, since it came to be. The drop rate has increased to a point where you will, no matter how bad you are ( assuming you complete them ) get a proto tech drop. This isn't really a debatable topic, because the drop rate simply isn't as low as they are implying.

Agreeing with something I know to be untruthful, is making me a liar also, did you consider that?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Empire Veteran
# 963
11-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
When I know something to be factually incorrect, then I know something is wrong, so I need to draw conclusions based on the reasoning behind peoples "bad luck"

Now why do I know it is factually incorrect? Because I've done hundreds of STFs casually, since it came to be. The drop rate has increased to a point where you will, no matter how bad you are ( assuming you complete them ) get a proto tech drop. This isn't really a debatable topic, because the drop rate simply isn't as low as they are implying.

Agreeing with something I know to be untruthful, is making me a liar also, did you consider that?
Well, how nice for you.

But the fact remains some people don't have the time to do hundreds of STFs. Work, family, other obligations, etc... it isn't uncommon for some people to only have 2 hours to play STO per day on average.

So see where the luck-based aspect becomes un-easy?

By your logic, when you can do hundreds of STF's casually, it is easy... but that can't (and doesn't) apply to every single person.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Lieutenant
# 964
11-02-2012, 05:16 PM
There is no point in arguing about whether something is "easy" or not, because that term is completely subjective and a matter of opinion. And when someone is a matter of opinion, it is neither right nor wrong. Therefore one person can say something is easy and another person can say its hard and both people are right.
Career Officer
# 965
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
97 pages and nothing from the Developers to dispel or allay our concerns.

Needless to say our feedback has been meaningless and they wish to continue with these changes without any attempt to explain or any mitigation.

To me that level of evasiveness just means the underlying reasons for the changes (namely the creation of multiple new Dilithium sinks) are not going to be player friendly reasons.

May as well close the thread, we've done our best.
Career Officer
# 966
11-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Yassah bawss man!!!! Isa don't mind a' grindin'! Isa likes me to get double dipped fo' gear, massah!!!!

Srsly, almost 100 pages and not anything to allay our concerns. Ths dev blog post has more pages then the next 4 dev blogs combined!!!!

Tone ti down. Put the Dil back, put the loot boxes with random loot back, quit monetizing places that weren't before.
Captain
# 967
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:

It is not factually incorrect, though. I am not the only person in my fleet who has had trouble getting drops. My fleet has an STF group and a few of those people have had the same problem.. Sure you can call them isolated incidents, but it doesn;t mean the problem does not exist.

Even Cryptic has said some people have had problems.

As far as being good or bad, that doesn't even factor into it, you get one chance to get a drop per STF completion, skill makes no difference in it and failing or completing the optional does not affect the outcome.
Career Officer
# 968
11-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
It is not factually incorrect, though. I am not the only person in my fleet who has had trouble getting drops. My fleet has an STF group and a few of those people have had the same problem.. Sure you can call them isolated incidents, but it doesn;t mean the problem does not exist.

Even Cryptic has said some people have had problems.

As far as being good or bad, that doesn't even factor into it, you get one chance to get a drop per STF completion, skill makes no difference in it and failing or completing the optional does not affect the outcome.
So tell you what,

Why not make a minor modification and allow people to buy Mk XII with EDC and also keep random drops.

That was the best solution, simplest and what players originally wanted.

Or how about the Reputation system, and actually have the Resource sink based on "OMEGA Reputation points" and not Dilithium .

Frankly your arguments on here are just pointless and flamey and really miss the point.

This thread needs to die already, 97 pages of us all being ignored by the devs is enough of a monument to their customer relations department, lets not make it 100 :p (they'll only celebrate it by releasing an special whinging player tribble for 500 ZEN)

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 969
11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
So tell you what,

Why not make a minor modification and allow people to buy Mk XII with EDC and also keep random drops.

That was the best solution, simplest and what players originally wanted.

Or how about the Reputation system, and actually have the Resource sink based on "OMEGA Reputation points" and not Dilithium .

Frankly your arguments on here are just pointless and flamey and really miss the point.

This thread needs to die already, 97 pages of us all being ignored by the devs is enough of a monument to their customer relations department, lets not make it 100 :p (they'll only celebrate it by releasing an special whinging player tribble for 500 ZEN)
( CLICK HERE ) I'm telling you this video sums up this thread pretty nicely :3

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 970
11-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post

- Normal Stfs Now Reward 240 Dilithium + Omega Marks
- Elite Stfs Now Reward 480 Dilithium + Omega Marks + Borg Commodity For Mkxii Sets

I
Whhhyyyyyyyy!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!?
Closed Thread