Career Officer
# 41
11-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Which cutscene? Admittedly I only saw the one when the B'Gers appear... but I didnt see the Houston get blown up then..
Yea, the Houston is supposed to be destroyed by the Plasma Lances right there. So, the Houston leaving must bug the cutscene. That's why, after you kill the Queen's ship (SPOILERS!), you scan for escape pods and rescue Admiral D'vak.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
11-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Played it on Elite, and got no rewards (no omega marks and no processor).

Bunch of elite cubes: That was fun!

V'ger ships: When the 2 V'ger ships appeared, I was killed at some point and I got a system message telling me that if I stayed close to the Queen Diamond I wouldn't be shot that hard, but tbh I did not notice any difference (got shot with torpedo spreads, etc when close to the queen ship anyway).

Diamond ship: I was OK with most of it, just think that the torpedo spread should be toned down a bit so it stops 1-shot killing players. Everything else seemed fine, including the 5km green cloud of death.

Overall, this one was really fun (even with all the 1-shot torp spread deaths)!

PS: Ohhh, almost forgot. There is a bug that sometimes stops your ship from steering after you respawn from a death. This happens both in Holodeck and Tribble.
------
Formerly redleader - Real join date is July 2008

Last edited by redlead3r; 11-02-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Captain
# 43
11-02-2012, 06:27 PM
The time for the first optional is short, very short. At least with our current ships and items.

Played on Elite. Got my reward with no troubles.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by mrkollins; 11-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Rihannsu
# 44
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. The mission itself seems like nothing special at first (basically "go kill queen guards and then the queen herself"), but I like how enemy placement and variety encourage teamwork, including aggro'ing and tanking.

Done this on elite and the only real issue I had was the 1shot-KO Iso Charge from the diamond. I tried to run away, being the only survivor, and suddenly I just exploded with nearly full shields and HP, only to see in the combat log that the iso charge did over ~65000 (~100000) dmg to me, just like that. This needs to be tuned down a bit.

Aside from that it was fun and I think it is very much doable with all the optionals in a good team. Please Cryptic, do us all a favour and keep it challenging like that, and do not nerf it so that every player and their mother could do it in 5min, like you can with every other space STF on holodeck...

As for bugs - no loot whatsoever. One player who scanned for D'Vak's escape pod got the Borg Neural Processor, but noone else did.
Career Officer
# 45
11-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Got my reward with no troubles.
You are the luckiest man alive. Barely ANYONE has been getting their rewards.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 46
11-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I just has a great time in the mission [elite] - it's great balanced and much fun to play .... then we reached the borg queen - wich was hard, but not impossible - but at one point - all guys had been dead - i fled with evasive manouver and was more than 20 km away from her - she instandly came to me with unnatural speed and onehittet me with ... honestly - i haven't seen it comming - i just was dead - and then the queen resettet with full life and full shields. (she was down to 12%)

till that point we had been fighting her for more than 40minutes and the result was: everyone left diappointed...

this really should not happen. no reset for the boss, not as long as she cheats that much!
Ensign
# 47
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Played on normal in a Ody Sci with all Ody consoles, as an Engineer(tank). The opening battle was fine, but I found the two cylinder ships guarding the queen to have a ridiculous range. I re-spawned after a death and almost immediately after leaving the spawn point i simply blew up. Don't know what hit me.

Also, I feel the queen's ship is slightly over powered. This queen seems to be tougher than three Tac Cubes plus Donatra.
Empire Veteran
# 48
11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Make everything stronger and harder to kill please. I want a challenge.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Survivor of Remus
# 49
11-02-2012, 07:52 PM
On Elite:
Overall good implimentation of ELITE dificulty.

normal should be toned down.

Elite should have thr removal of all instapops. Make torp spread just fire TARGETETABLEheavy torps at everyone. REMOVE ISO CHARGE!

Just remove it.
Career Officer
# 50
11-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Just did Enter the Hive (ELITE) for the first time. Got to say it was WAY TOO EASY. Seriously, it is easy.

Tactical Cube Cluster: This was obviously made for DPS.

All you have to do is pull the Tacticals 1 at a Time and you can beat the time.

B'Vger Twins: Obviously made for Endurance with Cruiser Tanking.

Just like the DSE, keep pounding on one side and kill the Regen Probes. Weak Spot on Top and Below.

The Queen: Just stay out of the 5km AoE (Ultra Aceton Assimlator Blast), fire from long range, and run off to repair. That's it.

That's why I think this was too easy, especially when doing this in less than 15 minutes.

IMHO, would've been better to have it more like a Fleet Action, where you move forward and getting hit by waves of ships in trying to deter you from advancing towards the end of the map than having the Queen just park there like nothing happened and summoning B'gers. And do something with the Unimatrix Buildings, like a Borg version of the Tholian Net, by "Trapping" you in a net, and you got to find a way out of it. But it's random so it would be different every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamiInferno
Rewards are in flux! Don't be surprised if you get no marks for the mission during this release!
Houston, that is Confirmed.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.