Cryptic Studios Team
# 321
11-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Okay. Let me explain:

The armor now have visuals. That's new. They also unlock as editable costumes when you get a complete set. The accolade unlocks the costume. The accolade is awarded for acquiring a set.

Adapted Honor Guard is a new FEDERATION ONLY set.

Adapted MACO is a new KLINGON ONLY set.

Collect the set. Get the accolade. Get the costume.

Same as before aside from the addition now that you can display a set you don't have editing rights to by putting on armor.
Some of this information is incorrect... I'll attempt to address it.

All ground set armor now has a visual attached to it. You, or your Bridge Officers, can use this visual or choose to turn it off in the same manner as other existing "plastic pajamas" armor textures.

Customizable variants of these same costumes are available after you:
1) Complete a full set of that Mk and receive the associated Accolade.
AND
2) Complete an Unlock Project attached to the Omega Reputation (which will only become available after condition #1 is fulfilled).

The change in the above is that the associated Ground Gear accolades no longer automatically unlock the costumes, but still reward the associated Titles. Players that already have earned the Costume Unlocks via the Accolades in the past will still have access to them (they lose nothing).

Adapted Honor Guard is for KLINGONS. It is a new variant of Honor Guard armor, with a new previously-unreleased costume associated with it, but it possesses all of the stats of the MACO set of the same Mk.

The weaponry associated with the Adapted sets utilizes new weapon geometry that matches its new purpose (Shotgun/Grenade Launcher for Adapted MACO, Sniper Rifle for Adapted Honor Guard).

There have been rumors floating around of the new Fed Armor looking like the Honor Guard with a different texture, but this is untrue. The Adapted MACO (Feds, remember) will look like a new variant of existing MACO armor.

The process is: Collect the set. Get the Accolade. Run the Costume Unlock Project. Get the costume.

One extra step in the process for players new to the system. Players that already possess a full set and associated Accolade get to skip that step.

Please, people... check your facts before posting something that sounds like "the way things are." If you're even a little unsure, please don't risk leading other players to incorrect conclusions. A lot of the unpleasantness that roosts on these forums is caused by misconceptions and rumor-mongering, so the less we have of that, the better this community will be for all of us - players and devs alike.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 322
11-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Well, Borticus, the testing period literally has not been long enough for anyone to test their facts. I didn't have enough dilithium to test until this week and I was out of town last weekend.

And if this is the final weekend of testing, then it shouldn't be possible for anyone to have hit T5 to even know personally. Today marks just two weeks of testing on tribble, not enough time for anyone to max out Omega Force rep, as I understand it. I'm not even sure anyone could have completed Mk X in this time, even if they came to Tribble with a decked out character who could afford prices that none of us knew we'd have to pay for when we transferred.

Our facts at this point have to come from interpreting dev forum posts, critically. For example, when told that Feds would receive gear with Honor Guard stats and that one set would be called "Adapted Honor Guard," the only reasonable assumption would be that these are the same sets. It wouldn't make sense from a player perspective to call these "Adapted MACO."

In very many cases, we cannot derive answers from actual testing without some kind of testing provisions like reputation bumps. We can only derive answers from detective work and supposition because the actual answers are not possible for us to obtain. If we're not supposed to make suppositions, we need documentation.
Captain
# 323
11-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I have the Mk XI MACO already... and if I try to change my costume to the MACO armor... it doesnt work... so I cant wear any of the armor except for the one click "plastic pajama" versions.

So... am I not going to be able to wear the previous costume I had until I reach the proper reputation tier?

Last edited by amayakitsune; 11-02-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Ensign
# 324 Max out reputation
11-02-2012, 06:54 PM
What happens if the reputation points has been maxed out in tier V. Is there any incentive in doing more stfs or other romulan fleet events. Can these reputation point be converted into another currencies ?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 325
11-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I have the Mk XI MACO already... and if I try to change my costume to the MACO armor... it doesnt work... so I cant wear any of the armor except for the one click "plastic pajama" versions.

So... am I not going to be able to wear the previous costume I had until I reach the proper reputation tier?
This is not the way it is intended to work. I'd appreciate a complete detailed report via a Bug Report.

You used the little drop-down menu in the upper-right to select the Maco outfit type, right?

And when you say "It doesn't work" ... what exactly do you mean? What, exactly, are you seeing as a result of your attempts?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 326
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm sorry I burned a good amount of time (400EDC, 150RSB, and 200 proto plus the actual salvage) to have to now spend time getting large shield charges and all the other crud to get into the Omega system to level at 5. I think some of what we banked should be of help to us before tier 5. Its an insult to have to start at 1 plus a mystery box until 5 in this new tier system for omega.
Career Officer
# 327
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Do the Adpated sets use your Faction's energy type, or the opposite energy type? That is, is the Adapted MACO shotgun phaser or disruptor? Because if its your faction, I see little use in getting both sets, since you can't efficiently use both weapons against the Borg.
Captain
# 328
11-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is not the way it is intended to work. I'd appreciate a complete detailed report via a Bug Report.

You used the little drop-down menu in the upper-right to select the Maco outfit type, right?

And when you say "It doesn't work" ... what exactly do you mean? What, exactly, are you seeing as a result of your attempts?

If you mean the menu in the accessed by right clicking my character portrait, and selecting change outfit, then yes. If your are talking about the menu in the tailor to actually customize the outfit, the outfit is already customized and set in a slot... but selecting the slot to wear it does not function for M.A.C.O. or Omega Force.

I'll submit a bug report next time Im on tribble, but if I go to change my outfit using that menu and click on the costume slot with M.A.C.O. in it (aptly named M.A.C.O.) my uniform will not change. If I happen to be wearing my default TNG Film uniform that uniform stays showing. If I happen to activate the visuals for the armor item and try to change into the M.A.C.O. costume via the same menu... I get the warning that I have visuals enabled and I may not be able to see my uniform changes, and I can disable the armor visual... but my unifomr will not have changed. This only affects my M.A.C.O. and Omega Force outfits and not my TNG Film, DS9 Admiral or Diplomat uniforms. Switching between those 3 work as intended.
Empire Veteran
# 329
11-02-2012, 07:34 PM
This makes me wonder if the masking field from the KHG space set is working as intended since I can use it during red alert/during combat or if thats just a bug lol.

Would make it more usable since I never really use it since it mostly just pisses off team mates if I activate it and they are trying to start an attack run.
Career Officer
# 330
11-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? It works for me. Go to the tailor. Use the dropdown to select MACO. Unless you mean the costume change is getting rejected somehow?