Career Officer
# 121
11-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry didn't see the official threads. Posting on here too (sorry for duplication):
New Romulus - Radiation Game ? When complete, and hit the 'View Results' button, the screen just goes away. Happened each time I tried the game (twice).

New Romulus - When walking near the grounded romulan ship in the staging area, received five System Messages for new Respawn Point Unlocked.

New Romulus - Grounded ship in staging area missing lazar red eye moving back and forth in cockpit window. JK J

New Romulus - When looking at large map of Staging Area, the Key and certain parts of the map are not focusing all at the same time, have to move map around to have areas come into focus.

New Romulus - The Atlai Area - Momma Nanov in pink water. When you walk up to the creature you can into it, graphic issue.

New Romulus - The Atlai Area - In the pink water/lake Force Field Dome does not appear when used. This seems to be happening in a lot of areas.

New Romulus - Site to site transport took a long time to transition from waiting screen to beam in. Clock stopped working as well during pause. More research shows this seems to only be happening when you beam back to the stagging area.

New Romulus - Isha Forest - Cave entrance not working, just a black hole. I am told you have to be a certain tier to get in. If you try to enter, I recommend it say something so people do not get confused. Same with other spots.

New Romulus - Embassy- Water sounds in lower left side of romulan embassy, not sure the cause no visual to go with it.

Azure Nebular & General System - Tabing out while in Azure freeing romulans, seems to crash the game, also happening all over, could just be tribble server.

Acamar System - When in the Acamar star system, when looking at the planet there doesnt seem to be any stars, just blackness. When doing the diplomacy mission, graphics looked off.

Starbase 234 - Going through the messages in the Starbase 234 system 1st visit to test the defences, the dialog boxes started togo super wide.

Where is the diplomacy corp like if the Defarri system? Should be here if anywhere!!

DoFF-No updates to diplomacy or security missions for this sector

Galorndon Core System - The sequences of the last dialog/hunters and movement of the NPCs is off, the Gelki make it through before the dialog. Unknown reward of dialog at the end the mission.

Archer System - The romulan ships are dying super fast. Even though they go down to zero in health, they dont die. If they shouldnt really die at least make them tougher so it is more believable, or give marks for them surviving.

Help And Support - What's new in Season 7 Button - When hitting this the words TODO and what to do is listed. Probably something to be addressed before release.

Radition Reports - The reports icon in the inventory is just white no icon
Rihannsu
# 122
11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyman View Post
only suggestion i would make is possibly removing the beam to ship button. it is pretty annoying when you go to click on a mission objective then end up beaming up then having to beam down and run back all over again. we already have a beam out option on the minimap why is a second one necessary?
Actually.... there is no beam out on the mini-map.... I'd rather use the minimap button personally. Why is it disabled?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 123
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
After trying to map to the New Romulus Ground map I encountered this error with a crash to desktop. I have already tried to use Force Verify to fix this issue twice (as the issue still occurred after the first Force Verify) but the bug persists.

Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Texture_Library/Environment/1_Interior_Kits/Rom_Ship/Rom_Ship_Details_01_D.Wtex:

The crash occurs when the load screen is at least 80% finished for the map and then crash to desktop. A force verify isn't fixing the issue so what file do I need to delete to force it to be re-downloaded since I can't simply re-download the tribble files from a webpage. I'm thinking it is one of the texture hogg files but not sure which one as there are 3 of them.

I'm also not sure what a Rom Ship Detail map has to do with the ground map for New Romulus as the crash occurred when trying to beam down to New Romulus from New Romulus space map.

Update: managed to resolve the issue by moving all three of the texture hogg files and letting the client re-download all three of them, be warned these files aren't small and will take a while to re-download.

Last edited by matthewfelix; 11-02-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Found a solution that worked for me.
Career Officer
# 124
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Same here... (in regards to the Beam up button)
Career Officer
# 125
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Playing tier one New Romulus: Warehouse... Dudes in the middle area by the ship have some one shotting or nearly one shotting plasma grenades...'

Running Mark XI Omega ground set and everyone else has purples....

Also there is some ridiculous holds.... thinking of dropping the mission.

Edit: its not so bad.... but they do steam roll ya. Just went around the other way and killed everyone...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Ensign
I was patrolling the Pheben system. The scenario seems to be that you deploy satellites and activate them to quarantine a mining facility. I was able to deploy all five satellites fine. But, I was only able to activate the 2nd, 4th and 5th (from left to right facing away from the planet to open space). No matter how much I zoomed around the map zone markers I could do nothing to activate the remaining satellites. Then, the satellites started to disappear.

The two other patrols in the sector worked great. Fighting the Tholians for the space-born relics was a lot of fun.
Career Officer
# 127
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
PVE/VOLUNTEER QUE
I like the new look and with the rewards marks listed, challenge rank and number of players needed, but I miss the number of players que. I like to see the number of players already que up...for example something like 4/5 [players que/players needed].

TAU DEW SECTOR BLOCK

Starbase 234 - I like have a combat simulation area to be able to test out new ships and configurations. What I think it need is being able to set the simulation level and/or enemy types . For instance, some shield types has higher resistance to disruptors, so I like to fight against an opponent that use disruptors like the Klingons. With this in mine why can we get a starship performance report at the end.

New Romulus - I like the new mini game scanning for radiation. Having to use my tricorder on a little scavenger hunt searching for rocks, plants, etc. was reminiscent many games where you find things to sell or use, but in this case to collect for Romulan marks. The epohh look like rabbits and we can breed different types? Are these going to be the new tribble? The overall look of New Romulus is nice, however the map of the area was blurred and hard to read the legend.

Ops in the Embassy on New Romulus is nice, I can't see anything to really change, however, is there a viewscreen? Maybe adding a few viewscreens with varies activities?

Last comment, I would think that since STO takes place 30 years after the events of Star Trek Nemesis and that Starfleet would send the best to New Romulus, why are they still using Type 8 shuttlecrafts, don't they have new shuttles like the Type 11 shuttlecraft or a new Type 12 shuttlecraft or SC-4 [Starfleet Command shuttle]?

Last edited by fliporican; 11-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Career Officer
# 128
11-02-2012, 07:42 PM
while on new romulas i went to embassy and tried out the officrer of the watch it gives mission yet while doing it and completing it the mission still thinks it has not started yet when you head back to try to do it again incase something was missed there is nothing there at all so you cant go forward in any way
Career Officer
# 129
11-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or reported it here, but the textures are bleeding together badly. There's no details visible as they're all just colored blobs. This isn't on everything but I've noticed that almost all the NPC and PC character models are blobby and out of focus, and some of the animals in the crater area are too.
Captain
# 130
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridiumally View Post
I was patrolling the Pheben system. The scenario seems to be that you deploy satellites and activate them to quarantine a mining facility. I was able to deploy all five satellites fine. But, I was only able to activate the 2nd, 4th and 5th (from left to right facing away from the planet to open space). No matter how much I zoomed around the map zone markers I could do nothing to activate the remaining satellites. Then, the satellites started to disappear.

The two other patrols in the sector worked great. Fighting the Tholians for the space-born relics was a lot of fun.
The positions are spheres not cones, so if you're too high or too low you can't place them. 'V' should point you to the sphere. Though I haven't re-played it since the patch, so it could be a bug.