Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Would anyone happen to know that names of some Eng doffs with Resolve and Cunning on the Fed side that will actually work with Childrens toys?

I've bought several with resolve and cunning but they never show up on the list of useable doffs for whatever reason.
I was stupid and bought 2 kdf doffs because I didn't look closely enough. Make double sure the doffs you're talking about are actually feds.
Lieutenant
# 12
11-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp101287 View Post
I was stupid and bought 2 kdf doffs because I didn't look closely enough. Make double sure the doffs you're talking about are actually feds.
This is because doffs image frames sucks in STO since the game was launched.They should make doffs with a symbol/small icon added for FED or KDF on image' corner or something visible , not making ppl to stare at doff' s background like would see an UFO...once again..amateur devs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Would anyone happen to know that names of some Eng doffs with Resolve and Cunning on the Fed side that will actually work with Childrens toys?
An engineering doff with:
Resolve
Spiritual
Stubborn
Teamwork
Cunning

would be [Ro Taban] from DS-9 Bundle but it costs 2500 zen to get it from the Special_Requisition_Pack_-_Elite_Duty_Officer_Cadre .Also N'Vek from that pack is engineering but is only Cunning and same quality - blue.
This doff is blue but with 3 traits required is equal with a purple with 2.Be careful not to sell it or exchange it like any doff.Well , resolve is listed as attribute(spec) not required trait but it will be displayed on Recommandations.
The doff is not Unruly to f**** up the chances.

I don't craft consoles, i don't care , i sell the powered artifact when i have the chance but i did some research on wikia for my friends and also because i'm a wikia contributor.

Purples i didn't had time to search but you can start with this link http://www.stowiki.org/Specializatio...neer/Starfleet , for example Aglet (ferengi) is Stubborn and Cunning.

Ferengi FED doffs and Orion KDF doffs are usually Cunning , the Vulcans Fed are Logical, reptilians (Saurian-FED and Gorn-KDF) are Cold Blooded, Jem'Hadar doffs are Shroud, Klingon KDF doffs are Honorable, Orion KDF doff girls are Seductive ...and so on
So everytime you need Cunning i suggest you to start searching with Ferengi (FED) or Orions (KDF).

Ferra has a purple Engineer with Efficient and Stubborn only ,in Espionage rank 4.
"Every moment we live, we are moving through time." (Vosk, on the power of time travel, "Storm Front"- ENTERPRISE season 4 episode 1)

Last edited by criss11; 11-04-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I'll try that. I already have Ro Taban. I just never used him because he's blue.
Commander
# 14
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Industrialist krinda is a Fab Eng Doff and has all the crit traits with resolve but she is bound and only available from the Feregni Privateer Cadra pack. I read somewhare that if you use 5 of her that you can get %27-%51-%22
Starfleet Veteran
# 15 Experament
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm conducting an experament.

So far 5 green and one purple out of 6 tries. I've recieved four green Injectors, a purple Emitter Amp and a green SIF. This is with the odds of 24/52/24, using an assortment of purple doffs, resolve, effecient and stubborn and an assortment of times between runs.

I'd say at this time that the odds are deceptive.

Will keep posting results every few days.
Commander
# 16
11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criss11 View Post
So everytime you need Cunning i suggest you to start searching with Ferengi (FED) or Orions (KDF).

Ferra has a purple Engineer with Efficient and Stubborn only ,in Espionage rank 4.
While that's a good way to find cunning, Ferengi - outside of the 4 bind on pickup purples from the Ferengi cadres - don't have resolve, making them useless for console fabrication. Similarly, the Ferra doffs were created before resolve existed and also aren't useful for console fabrication.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I completed 10 runs so far, I wish I'd kept track of all the others before this. There were hundreds.

Out of ten runs using purple doffs with efficient or stubborn.

6 green, 3 blue and 1 purple.

The advertised result should be 24/52/24. The actual result was 10/30/60. That's 10% chance of a purple, 30% chance of a blue and 60% chance for a green.

The most recieved item was the 4 green injectors.

I'll post the next 10 runs when they're completed.
Commander
# 18
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
You are going to get a lot of pre fire chambers, the Console that boost mine damage, The consoles that increase power levels, Bio function monitors, Stealth modules, Chronoton infusers. and Diburnium alloy. Over and Over and Over again. that is at purple quality. The Energy and other torp booster will drop at Blue sometimes and lots at green. At aprok 250 craftings I have never got an Antiproton or a Nuetronium.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
At aprok 250 craftings I have never got an Antiproton or a Nuetronium.
Yep, I'm aware of that. I've done 4 to 6 a day since childrens toys first started after they fixed the first bug. 70% of the winnings (if you can call them that) are green stealth modules and green injectors. The whole thing seems to be weighted towards junk winnings regardless of the posted odds. Out of alll my winnings I've recieved 4 total purple antiprotons, one of which I sold. I would say less than 5% of my winnings have been purple regardless of the odds. I wish I'd kept a written record.

Last edited by jake81499; 11-09-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20 11-20
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Here's another 10 runs of Fabricate Console. Odds, 24/52/24.

Purple 2
Blue 7
Green 1

That's a 20/70/10

A little better. The reward was a little better too, only one Inertial Dampener! It''s still leaning into the Science Console area. 6 Science, 1 Eng, 3 Tac.