Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 51
11-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Please don't use SN Doffs.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
I used them before and will continue to. I do not subscribe to changing my style based on a few fleets decisions.
Captain
# 52
11-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Why? The proc was increased. It will proc even more now. Only the target now gets a pathetic 15 second immunity.

The video is an accurate example of what will happen if enough people slot those doffs.
It's not.

Before, it would proc every 7.5 seconds. Now there is a 15 second immunity. Once the immunity ends, it is not guaranteed that there will be an instant buff strip. The other change was that the immunity ignores who the stripping is coming from, where as before it could "stack" (it was an immediate strip with no debuff duration like SNB).

I would like to see a new test.
Commander
# 53
11-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
I used them before and will continue to. I do not subscribe to changing my style based on a few fleets decisions.
TRH and many others may acknowledge the use of these doffs as vindictive, as the results of our tests clearly indicate a certain god hammer like use to them. If you know how morbidly OP they are, you will not use them.

Should you use them on the other hand, we will make sure yours never proc. Meaning you wasted EC/Zen on a precious doff ability you desperately needed to "get good" at this games PvP aspect.

On the more sad note, you will be exclusively restricted to 1 and just maybe 2 toons that have them equipped at best. The rest of your toons will never see the queues because you don't have your precious doffs on them. If this is what you want, go ahead. It's a failed investment on your part to get better at PvP.

TRH will not use them on people who don't use them.

As for you, good luck. You're going to need it.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (RP stands for Rimillion Patillion SN Doffs at our disposal, but only used to deter people from using them).

PS-Please don't use SN Doffs.
Commander
# 54
11-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Some people have no problems douching it up. For some, that is the entire point. Unfortunately, Cryptic is constantly giving people, even those who don't want it, more and more opportunities.
Career Officer
# 55
11-03-2012, 01:12 PM
And on that note, anyone who uses SNB doffs is going to get dogpiled by the main fleets in this game and the pugs who've posted here with all of the cheese in the game.

Enjoy your SNB doffs.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 56
11-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Even though the STO PvP system is kind of dull in format, I really like PvP and spent a good deal of time and resources getting my HECarrier set up for PvP. Was fairly surprised at how easily I was slaughtered by certain teams. This thread clears up the mystery on that a bit.

I had tried to build my DOFF load out according to my playstyle, but I guess I just need to get BFI and SNB doffs and forget about actually thinking when I set up my ship.

Also very disappointed at the whole uselessness of plasma energy in PvP since I LOVE DoT as a general rule of thumb.

That said, I will still be in the ques and continue to hope that STO will put some serious focus on the PvP community in the near future. What's the point of having your dream ship if there isn't anything to fight? (oh right, they made two new arcade style STFs with seriously tough enemies so you can need the gear)
Empire Veteran
# 57
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Well, after doing some testing, the heals are quite nice on the BFI DOFFs, without going over the top. I found, for myself with max Shield Emitters (and no other bonuses), they healed roughly equal to a good E-power to Shields 3 (about 2,500 a shield facing) per proc.

What I seemed to notice, is that every time I hit BFI, I seemed to get an 'all or nothing' effect out of it. Half the time I never got any heals, and half the time both procced (planning on getting a 3rd), but it never seemed to sometimes proc once and only once.

Is it coincidence, a bug or some other coding thing, or something else? I wasn't sure where to post it, so I thought I'd post it here.

Captain
# 58
11-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, after doing some testing, the heals are quite nice on the BFI DOFFs, without going over the top. I found, for myself with max Shield Emitters (and no other bonuses), they healed roughly equal to a good E-power to Shields 3 (about 2,500 a shield facing) per proc.

What I seemed to notice, is that every time I hit BFI, I seemed to get an 'all or nothing' effect out of it. Half the time I never got any heals, and half the time both procced (planning on getting a 3rd), but it never seemed to sometimes proc once and only once.

Is it coincidence, a bug or some other coding thing, or something else? I wasn't sure where to post it, so I thought I'd post it here.
IIRC it's always been this way, it's the same series of logic gates that guarantees a string of crits if your first mine/TBR proc crits.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 59
11-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
IIRC it's always been this way, it's the same series of logic gates that guarantees a string of crits if your first mine/TBR proc crits.
Ah ok, thank you for that. It makes sense though. Basically all having three BFI DOFFs will do is pretty much say, 'you're gonna get healed for nothing, or for everything with only a 50% chance'.

Lt. Commander
# 60
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Perhaps it isn't a question of reducing everyone down to just sticks, but giving everyone equal opportunity Q-Rifles?

The insistence that everything be nerfed rather than buffed is strange to me.