Captain
# 101
11-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I think I managed to download 5% from that update in 30 minutes .All this with no firewall and a 120mbps broadband connection.Simply in the last 2 weeks this game on tribble or holodeck is a pain for europeans ,non stop SNRs on holodeck and 1kbps download speed on tribble server
Yeah... I realized later that the reason I couldn't reach the login server was that Tribble had shut down for the patch, and I -literally- came in a few moments before the patch hit.

But still, it's unplayable. Stuff takes place about 10 seconds before I can see them, and my response takes 10 more seconds after I make it. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY, NOT STAND!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoid2 View Post
All I can say is, wow way to kill STF' rewards. 5 elite STFs = 1000 dilithium pleas tell me this is just a mistake on tribble and will be fixed once season 7 goes live.
STF Elite, no dilithium at all and loot at all. I do hope that this is a mistake or broken on the tribble server, otherwise I predict that a lot of the gamer base will leave STO for good.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Ok played for 3 hours. Where is my reward ?
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
In that container that you can only open if you are reaching Tier 5. You know, you will receive a useless, invaluable piece of junk after you have paid a bunch of dilithium.
Starfleet Veteran
# 105 Interesting... very Interesting
11-03-2012, 06:36 AM
The overall impression is... interesting. However, the repair mission in the Staging Area will be irritating when a full population is running around trying to repair the same few items in the area. I figure the same will be true for other areas on New Romulus. Each players mission should not be affected/affecting other player's ability to accomplish the same.

While traveling back on the east side of the map, my companion NPC either fell over or through the stone bridge. If the pathing did not limit the NPC while crossing the bridge, then he did fall over the bridge.

The shuttle area, 1) the option to travel between starbase and embassy should be active as long as the starbase is Level 1 or higher. 2) the sound produced when walking in ths shuttle bay is irritating; I was getting a headache just listening to the piercing audible through my speakers. 3) the shuttles are the size of runabouts, but they are not runabouts

The space mission are the standard ones you find in system fights, but the pay-off is a little to low; gives the area the fill of a grind-fest for Rom Marks.

Note: Would be nice to be able to test out Vesta on Tribble
Career Officer
# 106
11-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Just had my first look around New Romulus.

The artwork is stunning, superb work. I was too busy enjoing and exploring the scenery to bother fighting. The large creature in the water was brilliant although collision detection is way off, I could walk right inside it.

The Embassy needs an outdoor area, a garden or something with superb views. As it is it just looks like a re-skinned starbase. I was hoping to see the colony from the Embassy windows but I never actually saw any windows.

So on these two points I would give the Colony 9/10 for the artwork (I never give 10/10) and 4/10 for the Embassy.

In summary the Embassy need to be a lot different than the starbase. kudos to the colony artist.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 107
11-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
As per other rewards this will be handed out usually within a month of Season 7 being uploaded to holodeck.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Lieutenant
# 108
11-03-2012, 06:57 AM
lol the new space stf are just overkill...but i like it... alot
Career Officer
# 109
11-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Absolutely love everything about season 7!!

I wish i had some constructive input to fill this post out with but honestly I think you Devs did a great job with this, I can't find anything to add but then I only played for a couple of hours, not wanting to experience too much of the new content before it goes live.

Keep up the great work everyone
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Love the EV Suit wearing Tholians. One got briefly stuck (becoming untargetable) in a mountain but soon found their way out.
Closed Thread