Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,255
# 41
11-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
I can't see Cryptic being interested in a healthy KDF faction.
They milk the Federation for what is worth and move on to the next game.
On the other hand, if we get a healthy KDF faction they'll have two to milk!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
# 42
11-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
Did anyone else catch the hint in that state of the game? I got a bad feeling about this, I think they are going to once again give the Feds what they want. Meaning I think they are going to break lore, come up with some bs reason, and merg the factions. They do that I wont be returning ever again.
I'll be right behind you.
I joined this game before launch, along with 40+ other Fleetmates, to play KLINGON...
Has I but known that all the promises made before game launch about a "2 full Factions, full PvE content" was all a bunch of crap, I doubt I would have made the effort.
It has taken over 2 years to get a trinkle of KDF mission content and PvP is in such a sorry state it's sickening.
I'll be willing to be "KDF getting some attention" means we'll ge some silly new costume choices or more Zstore fluff, but little if any actual mission content.
Funny how they can introduce an entire new sector with patrols for almost every planet on Tribble, despite them saying making patrols for the systems in KDF space, which has been asked for for a very long time, was impractical and would involove too much dev time.
But hey, we can make an entire new sectoor and do it there...
At least we're getting access to some new things to do in the S7 update, but I'm less than thrilled that it's mostly "grind till you drop" for meadiocre items.

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,077
# 43
11-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
On the other hand, if we get a healthy KDF faction they'll have two to milk!
Agreed. The only reason KDF is unpopular is due to the lack of incentives to play it. Theres a lot of reasons to play it already, but until Cryptic capitalizes upon its strengths, it will always wallow in it's weaknesses.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 44
11-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
Did anyone else catch the hint in that state of the game? I got a bad feeling about this, I think they are going to once again give the Feds what they want. Meaning I think they are going to break lore, come up with some bs reason, and merg the factions. They do that I wont be returning ever again.

What I find most frustrating about this whole merg the factions idea, is it was the devs who decided on this war. They did so for good reason. Its too late to turn back the clock now.

By the way why do I get the feeling this levi character has been doing repeat post on this merg the factions idea?
Some have already figured out the truth - I WORK FOR CRYPTIC!!(not)

Just trying to get you guys used to the idea of joining the UFP

Just in case you missed it - Klingons joining the UFP does not have to be made up by Cryptic - it is already been established in canon - from a ENT eps where the see a future where the KDF becomes part of the Federation. So they do have a canon argument to back them up!

I case you missec it before I have spent more time playing KDF than the avg Fed player currently has player FED - over 600hrs with my KDF "boots on the Ground" - so it's not like I have no-idea what is going on KDF side.

Last edited by levi3; 11-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,034
# 45
11-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Some have already figured out the truth - I WORK FOR CRYPTIC!!(not)

Just trying to get you guys used to the idea of joining the UFP

Just in case you missed it - Klingons joining the UFP does not have to be made up by Cryptic - it is already been established in canon - from a ENT eps where the see a future where the KDF becomes part of the Federation. So they do have a canon argument to back them up!

I case you missec it before I have spent more time playing KDF than the avg Fed player currently has player FED - over 600hrs with my KDF "boots on the Ground" - so it's not like I have no-idea what is going on KDF side.
Except the episode you refer to plays in an alternate future where the Expanse (that was destroyed in the Prime Timeline) is 50,000 light yeas in diameter.
That's why the Sphere builders got involved with the humans in the first place...and it totally backfired.
The future you speak of is no less alternate than the one in "Endgame" for example.
There is a reason why Memory Alpha lists the events in "Azati Prime" that refer to the Enterprise-J part of that episode under "possible future".

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Battle_of_Procyon_V

"In a possible future, the Battle of Procyon V, fought in the 26th century, was the final confrontation between the United Federation of Planets and the Sphere Builders, wherein the forces of the Federation were able to successfully drive the Builders back into their trans-dimensional realm. "

It's not fact like you claim it is.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 46
11-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Except the episode you refer to plays in an alternate future where the Expanse (that was destroyed in the Prime Timeline) is 50,000 light yeas in diameter.
That's why the Sphere builders got involved with the humans in the first place...and it totally backfired.
The future you speak of is no less alternate than the one in "Endgame" for example.
There is a reason why Memory Alpha lists the events in "Azati Prime" that refer to the Enterprise-J part of that episode under "possible future".

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Battle_of_Procyon_V

"In a possible future, the Battle of Procyon V, fought in the 26th century, was the final confrontation between the United Federation of Planets and the Sphere Builders, wherein the forces of the Federation were able to successfully drive the Builders back into their trans-dimensional realm. "

It's not fact like you claim it is.
I said it was canon. And the reference was to point out there are ways already in place - or - could be made up easily to join the two factions.

If you guys think season 8 is going to really do anything to expand the KDF as a stand-alone faction - I have some snake -oil to sell you that will cure everything!!

Last edited by levi3; 11-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,034
# 47
11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I said it was canon. And the reference was to point out there are ways already in place - or - could be made up easily to join the to factions.
It was canon means it will happen, not that it happened under conditions that don't exist any more.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 48
11-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It was canon means it will happen, not that it happened under conditions that don't exist any more.
No - canon means anything that is seen in the shows or movies.

Look at Endgame from VOY - different timeline - voyager makes it home - then Janeway goes into the past with ablative armor - meets herself - gives ablative armor - voyager goes home a different time/route - no future janeway - no Ablative armor and no changes - in an endless circle

but that is canon

Last edited by levi3; 11-03-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,034
# 49
11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
No - canon means anything that is seen in the shows or movies.
So it's canon that Admiral Riker has refitted the Enterprise-D into a 3-nacelled ship?
No it's not, it's canon that under different conditions would have happened.
What you said is:

"Just in case you missed it - Klingons joining the UFP does not have to be made up by Cryptic - it is already been established in canon"

meaning you said it's a foregone fact based on your statement, which it isn't.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 50
11-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
So it's canon that Admiral Riker has refitted the Enterprise-D into a 3-nacelled ship?
No it's not, it's canon that under different conditions would have happened.
What you said is:

"Just in case you missed it - Klingons joining the UFP does not have to be made up by Cryptic - it is already been established in canon"

meaning you said it's a foregone fact based on your statement, which it isn't.
See my edited last post.

But as far a "canon" is concerned - STO through that baby out with the bathwater a long time ago - now its no-holds barred.

So heck Cryptic can and will do whatever they want - and they will do whatever they want with the KDF whether it pisses the players off or not - THAT IS A FACT
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 AM.