Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 186
# 11
11-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Really...?

I mean... really...?

*sigh*

That's why we can't have any nice things...


No offense, but just because you suck doesn't mean that the mission is impossible. It is very much doable with all the optionals even on Elite. Just because it's challenging doesn't mean you need to call for a nerf already.

Practice some more, find yourself a GOOD team, and I assure you the mission is going to be very much possible to beat. And don't even start the mission if you're gonna assume it's just a simple dps pew pew pew for a few minutes. There's some planning and strategy involved: the tac cubes need to be handled one by one (and they CAN be killed in less than a minute each... so quit that talk about "best pre-made teams can't do it"), the unimatrix ships' beam won't fire if you're near the diamond (it's even stated in a boff tip, but that requires actual reading AND thinking! teh horror!), and the queen herself requires teammates to stay at different distances, so they won't all die from the same FBP, Aceton, scramble or anything else she's using.

The only thing that does need to be tweaked - and Borticus already confirmed it's gonna be - is the 1hit-KO Isometric Charge. There's no way to survive that even for a tank, especially since the very FIRST target hit blows up immediately - and the damage only rises from that point.

So seriously, practice some more, check your build and equipment, then try again. With a good team. The mission is challenging in a good way and that's what the game needs at the moment. Me and my friends are already bored with all the previous STFs nerfed to sillyness. CSE was challenging after it was released, but then people like you started complaining so Cryptic nerfed it to a degree, that it can now be done with optional by only 2 people.

And if you dislike challenge, then feel free to grind ISE all the time. With the way the new reputation system works now nobody forces you to do this particular mission at all.
ok well for starters I don't suck at the game or ANY stf as I have been running them all since beta, my equipment is top notch and so is my MK XII space gear, don't care what you say you cannot take on one tac cube 1 at a time as you fire at one they all swarm you, so maybe they need to put some distance between them so your not swarmed, there is plenty wrong with that new space stf and im sure im not the only one complaining about how ridiculous it is, and even the BEST pre-made teams wouldn't make optional, and where you got a tac cube can be taken down in a minute from I don't know because its never happened and IF that was the case a few sec's after a min on each cube and its optional failed anyway, so erm yeah, have you actually tried it on elite? and how long did it take you?? the mission says it shud take 25 mins, that is a HUGE overstatement
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 12
11-03-2012, 08:23 AM
I've done the mission twice.

First time was okay, completed without optional but didn't have too much trouble.

Second time was a disaster on the 2 last defenders (vger type ships). People were not taking out regen probes. Got last ship down to 3% but went back up to 60. Had enough at that point.

Though I'm no expert, I think if you can draw the ships out and not aggro everywhere, the cubes at the start are not too difficult to handle.

Just need to get the strategy right and for everyone to get some practice at it.

Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,533
# 13
11-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
ok well for starters I don't suck at the game or ANY stf as I have been running them all since beta, my equipment is top notch and so is my MK XII space gear
That's cute, but equipment doesn't make for a good player. Especially in a game as easy as STO, where elite STFs can be done with free ships having mk viii common gear without issues, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
don't care what you say you cannot take on one tac cube 1 at a time as you fire at one they all swarm you
Oh dear, then how come me and my team were able to aggro them one by one when we did it yesterday? Did we do the impossible, or have we just thought it out properly?

Also, have you checked the new Threat Control consoles on Tribble? Yeah... they may come in handy for this mission especially, you know... just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
and im sure im not the only one complaining
Sadly, you're not. And that's what worries me, because then Cryptic may be forced to nerf the mission so that every player and their dog can do it with eyes closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
even the BEST pre-made teams wouldn't make optional
Oh stop it with your best pre-made teams as you clearly have no idea what players are capable of nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
and where you got a tac cube can be taken down in a minute from I don't know because its never happened
It did happen numerous times when me and my friends played ISE or KASE, so yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
have you actually tried it on elite? and how long did it take you?? the mission says it shud take 25 mins, that is a HUGE overstatement
Elite. Took us ~30min total without the optionals, but that's because it was our first attempt with one pug guy who aggroed all the initial cubes with his FAW (lack of strategy much?). But once the cubes reset we managed to kill them one by one fairly quickly. We learned as we went on and in the end we all agreed that the only thing that needs to be tweaked is the Diamond's Iso Charge, while the rest is fairly challenging. And by that I mean actually challenging by STO standards, but still doable. That's why I can't stand all that moaning that it's too difficult because it doesn't finish itself on its own... So I'll say it again - find yourself a GOOD team, practice the mission the way it is, without calling for a nerf, and I assure you you're going to breeze through it in a week or so.


PS. Tried it on normal today. It way so easy that even the pug team aggroing everything in sight managed to pull it off with all the optionals. Way too easy even for normal if you ask me.

Last edited by suaveks; 11-03-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 186
# 14
11-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I admit that it is nice to have a stf with a bit of a challenge, but I mean all those tac cubes??? seriously, maybe split them?? so like half tac, half normal cubes, or atleast take out the spheres as they can be time consuming to, no I havnt tried the threat control consoles, what do they do??? and come on you have to admit that the respawn penalty is a wee bit stupid, we got the 2nd v'ger probe down to 10% but as we were all on 70 sec respawn CD when we respawned it was nearly back at full health, I know im complaining a lot and its only because im a sore looser XD, but trust me when I say im not crap at stf's or the game, and in all fairness there was ALOT wrong with the into the hive ground map to so.......... im not asking for it to be UBER nerfed just replace some of the tac cubes with normal, or atleast spread them out a little to stop swarming
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
# 15
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Take 5 Escorts and it is doable as usual, DPS the hellout of them,
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 16
11-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Won the mission with a 3 escort-2 cruiser PUG on elite in 30 minutes. Mission is good, do not nerf please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 186
# 17
11-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliamateus View Post
Won the mission with a 3 escort-2 cruiser PUG on elite in 30 minutes. Mission is good, do not nerf please.
yeeeeees but did you get the optional?? if not then that's why it needs to be nerfed
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 57
# 18
11-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I think the plasma Lance can use a touch less power.

[11:08] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01's Plasma Lance dealt 12540 (19840) shield damage to you.

[11:08] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 204136 (256603) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.

[11:12] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01's Plasma Lance dealt 12540 (19046) shield damage to you.

[11:12] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 222234 (276427) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.


And it hit me from 14.0 km away

I know this because I was healing a ship and made sure I was more than 10 km so I wouldn?t take damage but that didn?t work twice.

This was on Elite
I was in a LRSV-Retrofit

Last edited by reconalpha1; 11-03-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 19
11-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconalpha1 View Post
I think the plasma Lance can use a touch less power.

[11:08] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01's Plasma Lance dealt 12540 (19840) shield damage to you.

[11:08] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 204136 (256603) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.

[11:12] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01's Plasma Lance dealt 12540 (19046) shield damage to you.

[11:12] [Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 222234 (276427) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.


And it hit me from 14.0 km away

I know this because I was healing a ship and made sure I was more than 10 km so I wouldn?t take damage but that didn?t work twice.

This was on Elite
I was in a LRSV-Retrofit

Uh huh... and the pop-up says to stay close to the queen to avoid the lances targetting you... or you can (like the Borg Red Alerts) hug its hull and go to town.

I have not had the issues some of you are reporting here... yes, I've died... no, I haven't hit the optionals (yet).

I found the missions enjoyable, challenging, and am personally ecstatic that it would appear you need a mix of ships... not just a Tac DPS fest.

I agree with some other posters here... the existing STFs are too freaking easy (even on Elite) CSE can be done by 2 people, as can KASE (I've ssen it (i wasn't a participant). Finally, FINALLY, some Borg with bite... and some mad skills (at least when it comes to the queen (Tac Teams, FAW, TS, Cutting Beam).

I hope it isn't nerfed... I hope the other STF's (at least on Elite mode) are brought to this level of difficulty.

Seriously, some of you are wanting to fly into the Borg "home base", for lack of a better term, and find it as easy as Infected?

If its too hard... go back to Normal. If you call yourself "Elite" then you should be welcoming the challenge, and devising a strategy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 827
# 20
11-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Just ran this for the first time on Elite got all optional?s and loved it. We had a mixed group of Escorts, cruisers and sci ships. Seems like a fun STF to me with just the right level of difficulty.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.