Captain
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me here. I've made a short mission in the Foundry to introduce the characters from my fleet, and to set them up for a series of further missions. The problem is that it won't let me publish it, saying there are two tasks that need to be dealt with. I've included screenshots of each of them, because I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=106447477
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=106447432

This could well end up being something really obvious, but this is only my second Foundry mission, and my first with any sort of ground component. So be prepared to offer total n00b levels of explanations. XD

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Career Officer
# 2
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
As you can see from the error it says "Each component cannot be used more than once"

When you attach an objective to a component you cannot use that component again. What you can do is have the a copy of the component in the same spot and the second objective would use the copy.

Example.

Lower the forcefield - Interact with Object : Console #1 Coords 0,0,0
Raise the forcefield - Interact with Object : Console #2 Coords 0,0,0

Hope that helps

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 3
11-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll go back and have another look at those objectives, but it's puzzling me, because as far as I can remember, I have only used them for one thing each.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Rihannsu
# 4
11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
I'll go back and have another look at those objectives, but it's puzzling me, because as far as I can remember, I have only used them for one thing each.
it might be something simple like you click on a console. then you have a dialogue box appear, then you have them click on it again to complete an action.

sometimes if you click on where it says the object can only be used once it will move it to the map or part of the story where the problem happens which should narrow it down.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 5
11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I went ahead and deleted the two way markers and replaced them with new ones, and that seems to have done the trick. If anyone would be willing to playtest, the mission is called Task Force Aquilla, and the code is ST-HBLM4OF6T.