Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpriceman View Post
Another sore spot I'm finding is that in stfs, if you complete the optional, there are no longer any extras. So a lot of us playing are wondering what is the point in getting the optional now? You don't get anything for it.
You need to get the optional on ALL STFs for the highest level of Ground Gear.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
11-03-2012, 03:49 PM
While doing the new Romulan daily mission, I encountered a issue with the Galorndon Core mission. All of the enemies had been defeated, and the Gekli were at the portal back to fluidic space. Then the Gekli just sat there and did nothing, it took them almost a full 2-3 min before they realized "Oh, hey! We can go home through here!" and let me complete the mission.
Captain
# 13
11-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
You need to get the optional on ALL STFs for the highest level of Ground Gear.
The new system for season 7 is that completing the optional objectives gets you extra Omega Marks.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Ensign
# 14
11-03-2012, 04:57 PM
I found the new areas add a different dimension to the game. Glad it's not just a rehash of the same old, just new faces sending you on recycled missions. The reputation sytem adds something new to consider and pursue. Love that the game is constantly evolving.

A few minor hiccups that I noticed...

My 1st visit to the Acamar system failed to trigger a mission, simply got the wrap up dialogue from my 2nd right away.

Some new Romulus fedex (collect/observe) missions (mainly Paehhos Crater so far) failed to register (no %s).

Otherwise glad to have had an early peek at the new sector.
Ensign
# 15 reputation system
11-03-2012, 05:07 PM
for one thing i know u ppl are going to comment on my post here saying noob this and noob that but this being my first mmorg test, i like the fact that the stf system has changed it make it more fair at the end of the round that everyone gets the prizeand instead of a rolled luck chance gets you an edc or a rare borg tech peice. i like the change, but there is one thing that needs to change is the reputation system most ppl on here who played stfs in the past have had the ability to get the weapons or equipment after they received the edc's' at the end of the round now the reputaion system takes longer than the fleet objectives, eg... it takes 20 hours to get the fleet projects done but it takes almost 2 days to get the reputation projects done see my boggle if ppl want to level up their gear they have a long wait to get it done, might as well join a fleet to get projects done

Last edited by comanderulfric; 11-03-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
11-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
The new system for season 7 is that completing the optional objectives gets you extra Omega Marks.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...28-00-35PM.jpg

Note the description in the lower left panel:

"Costume Unlock: Maco/Omega/Honor Guard Type 3 [requires acquisition of the associated Mk XII Ground Set -and- COMPLETION OF ALL ELITE STF OPTIONAL OBJECTIVES]
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 11-03-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Even though the PVE menu has a good layout, its graphic icons make the list so much longer than it needs to be onmy screen. It seems very console-y.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
11-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
While I like that we can now see the quality level of our bridge officers, having the commbadges tinted bothers me. Fedside, I liked the contrast and consistency of basic black arrowhead plus department color. Now my mild nerdly OCD is pinging and some of the color combos (Tac BO of Green quality) are not pleasing to my eye.

Would coloring only the category on the paperdoll screen (e.g. "Starfleet Engineering Bridge Officer"), as it is now, suffice?

I agree. Some of the color palette changes are not for the better.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
11-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobob View Post
- new menu to change character easily, nice !
- new view in the progress mission, showing the rewards. Nice !!
- i dont play new pve with romulan and omega reputation but i see the 3 mains pve dont give any dilithuim ?? im sad

Agree with all above, especially the new Switch character feature.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
11-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbrielfamily View Post
I for one thoroughly enjoyed combatting the Tholians on Nukara Prime and am looking forward to when this moves over to Holodeck Shard.

I only managed to try out the KDF fleet starbase over the test weekend and that blew me away, I wonder what the Federation version will do post release of Season 6.

Excellent work Cryptic keep building upon this and STO will expand its player base even more in my opinion.

I just realized. We are posting in the WRONG thread. The original poster above is talking about Season 6 and not Seven 7 test weekend.